Become a Patron!

Help with lowering nicotine level.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I bought the bottles of 6mg juice. I vape a 3mg and thought I could manage for cheap ass juice. My throat cannot handle 6mg subohm anymore. Without buying 3 bottles of 0mg juice of the same flavor, is there a way I can add vg or pg and make this mix a 3mg. I'm probably over thinking it but having a brain fart at the moment.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can, by simply diluting. But you also dilute the flavor of said juice.

Without bottle(s) of 0 to just toss in and mix or the exact flavorings... you will be making a rather weak tasting juice from simple vg/pg diluting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yea I think that's what I'll have to do. Great juice. Of corse I'm using a profile rda. If I put it in a higher ohm setup it may help. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Yep. Even though premixed juice is often over-flavored, I doubt it could be diluted by roughly 30-35% and not lose its appeal.

You could always put 2.5ml of VG and 1ml of PG into a 10ml bottle, then fill with your juice, and see how it is. At least you could try it without ruining the whole big bottle if it doesn't work for you. I guess this would take the nic level down to about 4.2mg, if my mathematical brain is working tonight.

ETA: It would actually be 3.9mg if flavored at 20%. Here's how it would shake out (I think):

6.5 ml of original e-liquid, components in ml:
Nic 0.39
VG 4.81
PG 0
Flavor 1.3
Total 6.5

6.5ml of original e-liquid, plus 2.5ml of VG and 1ml of PG, components in ml:
Nic 0.39
VG 7.31
PG 1
Flavor 1.3
Total 10

Also takes flavoring down to 13%

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep. Even though premixed juice is often over-flavored, I doubt it could be diluted by roughly 30-35% and not lose its appeal.

You could always put 2.5ml of VG and 1ml of PG into a 10ml bottle, then fill with your juice, and see how it is. At least you could try it without ruining the whole big bottle if it doesn't work for you. I guess this would take the nic level down to about 4.2mg, if my mathematical brain is working tonight.

ETA: It would actually be 3.9mg if flavored at 20%. Here's how it would shake out (I think):

6.5 ml of original e-liquid, components in ml:
Nic 0.39
VG 4.81
PG 0
Flavor 1.3
Total 6.5

6.5ml of original e-liquid, plus 2.5ml of VG and 1ml of PG, components in ml:
Nic 0.39
VG 7.31
PG 1
Flavor 1.3
Total 10
Good idea!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you have a plus ohm tank you can set up with low wattage? How’s about your Pasito or another pod? People use salts in those, afaik. So you should be able to use 6mg with them.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have a plus ohm tank you can set up with low wattage? How’s about your Pasito or another pod? People use salts in those, afaik. So you should be able to use 6mg with them.
Yea I put it in one of my billet boxes this am. Working ok not. I may just be catching a cold or something. Sore throat so that may be the issue not the mg. Gonna have to wait it out and see about the throat issue. Well when it gets better the 6mg may not be bad. I've got some other 6mg that was fine. But this is fruit loops also. Maybe the lemon.????

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea I put it in one of my billet boxes this am. Working ok not. I may just be catching a cold or something. Sore throat so that may be the issue not the mg. Gonna have to wait it out and see about the throat issue. Well when it gets better the 6mg may not be bad. I've got some other 6mg that was fine. But this is fruit loops also. Maybe the lemon.????

Maybe gargle with salt water and take Vitamin C. If you have any Zinc, take that too.

I know allergies have been bad here. I never got them until this year. My throat was sore and I was coughing, but it would go away after I had coffee or tea in the morning.

You’re working outside, so maybe pollen and whatever is getting to you?

Maybe it is the flavors. I vape 3mg too, but I sub ohmed 12mg juice and it was okay. But some flavors bother me.

VU Sponsors