Henry Cavill Wants To Be In a Warhammer TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Henry Cavill has said that he’d like to be part of a Warhammer TV show or movie, should a live-action project ever happen.

Talking to IGN at a recent press event for The Witcher, Cavill said, “There are a lot of characters from the Warhammer universe that I want to be. But I can only really be one, because once I'm one, then I can't be others. So if it were to ever happen, if there were to be anything live action, I would have to be very aware of that.

“[Warhammer] is obviously character rich, and especially the 40K universe,” he continued. “I suppose I could play a different character from the Warhammer Fantasy universe versus the 40K universe, but I'm now just dreaming. I'd have to speak to the guys at Games Workshop and see what happens.”

When suggested that he’d make a good Gregor Eisenhorn, a character from a trilogy of Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor books written by Dan Abnett, Cavill said, “That would be exciting, yes, but then I burn Primarchs, and the Captain-Generals, so I don't really know.”

Captain-General is the most senior rank of the Adeptus Custodes, the elite bodyguards of the Emperor of Mankind in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Cavill himself collects and paints Adeptus Custodes miniatures, as revealed in a photo the actor uploaded to Instagram last year. The Primarchs, meanwhile, are the fathers of the iconic Space Marines. Fans of the Horus Heresy series of books may find it easy to imagine Cavill as Roboute Guilliman, Rogal Dorn, or, since he seems to be fond of his Witcher wig, perhaps even Leman Russ.

Henry Cavill has mentioned his love of Games Workshop’s sci-fi universe before, having pointed out that a chandelier on The Witcher season 2 set looks like a Blackstone Fortress. He’s also a fan of the Fantasy side of the hobby, and is even an Easter egg in Total War: Warhammer 2.

Matt Purslow is IGN's UK News and Entertainment Writer.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors