Henry Cavill Would Like The Witcher Show To Go to Toussaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Henry Cavill has said that he thinks Toussaint would be a good location for future storylines in The Witcher Netflix show to explore.

Talking to IGN at a recent press event for The Witcher, Cavill spoke about where the show could go beyond adapting the novels of Witcher author Andrzej Sapkowski.

“We don't quite know what happens to Geralt at the end of the books,” he said. “There's a strong suggestion, but then we also have the games, which have happened after the books, and then the games all have different endings as well, so maybe something happens after that. Maybe something has happened before that.”

When asked if Toussaint, the setting of The Witcher 3’s acclaimed Blood & Wine DLC, would make a good location for the show, Cavill said, “It would be, yes, Toussaint exists within the books, and Geralt spends some time there, because he gets trapped there when the pastors get snowed in. And so I think there is a beautiful opportunity to explore Toussaint.”

But while Cavill has visited Toussaint via his reading of the Witcher novels, he’s never been there in video game form. “I actually haven't played the DLC,” he admitted. “The audacity of me! But I'm saving that because I've heard that they are both brilliant. And I'm going to perhaps sit down at Christmas with my nephews and see if we can have some fun there.”

For more, check out Henry Cavill talking about the seven-season plan for The Witcher, and which Warhammer characters he'd like to play in a TV show. We've also got The Witcher's showrunner explaining how The Wild Hunt is the show's equivalent of Thanos, and our The Witcher season 2 review.

Matt Purslow is IGN's UK News and Entertainment Writer.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors