Become a Patron!

Hey everyone

Hey everyone this is my first post here , my names will and I've just recently started to get into vaping , my current setup ( my only one lol) is a joyetech cuboid 150w with dual batteries and a herkales plus tank, I guess my first question would be , what's the difference between the coils ? (316 stainless, nickel etc.) thanks in advance,
Cheersimage.jpeg

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you enjoy it here :)

Unfortunately, I only use Kanthal so can't answer the question accurately.
Best guess is that the difference in resistance of the metals allows for different sized wire for temp control.

The difference in wire size yields differences in how it vapes. Thicker wire = less resistance = more surface area = more vaper production. Using a metal with a higher resistance would allow the use of a thicker wire. Whereas a lower resistance wire might be made of a more expensive material, but the cost can be offset by needing to use a thinner wire due to the lack of resistance.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU!

Adding to what @zaroba mentioned. Just several months ago, regulated devices (mods), started supporting controlling the temperature. At first, it was nickel wire only, due to the extreme change of resistance when the wire is heated. Improvements in the electronics allowed controlling temperature next with Ti (titanium) wire. However, people (including myself), were uneasy of using Ni200 or Ti wire, so SS was introduced.

Last edited:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Glad to have you here

bubbatx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome Will

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hello there, welcome to the VU!
Looks like a cool mod for your first one
My first one was an Ego Twist lol

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome from Breazy ! People say stainless has better flavor than Kanthal. Both are for vaping in regular Watts mode. Nickel and Titanium are for vaping in Temp Control mode. I'm sure more people with chime in with more help and advice !

hello there, welcome to the VU!
Looks like a cool mod for your first one
My first one was an Ego Twist lol
Thanks man, I'm loving it so far, may look into batteries with a higher mah rating, I'm finding the current 1500mah ones don't last considering it's a dual battery setup

VU Sponsors