Become a Patron!

Hey from Florida!

I quit smoking for 3 and a half years... then started again right back where i was.
Wanting to avoid that whole mess before it got out of hand i wandered into a vape store across from my gym.

I've been away for over 3 years so vaping is all new to me, i was shocked to see people using these outside of stores, but it seems to be a growing fad.

I bought a vape yesterday and i'm trying to get used to it, I got half the nicotine thats in the marlboro reds i usually smoke - but i end up hitting the vape constantly so i'm experiencing some mild headaches. Figure i'll cut back the nicotine a bit.

Definitely enjoyable though :)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey. Great to meet you: What are you vaping? You can't really compare vaping to cigarettes. There's no real formula that can tell you you're vaping half the nicotine as a cigarette. It all depends upon how you vape and the device your using and so forth. Is it warm in Florida because it sure the hell isn't here in Chicago.

Well a marlboro red has 1.2 mg nicotine, and i'm using .6 in my vape. that's what i meant, but i understand i'm likely smoking much more nicotine due to the increased level of use.

I have a eGo-Ctwist, i went cheap to make sure i'm gonna stick with it.

It's beautiful here, i live on the north east side so its cool but comfortable.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a C twist as well, along with about twenty other things. What tank or clearamizer or whatever is it? Also what kind of juice are you using, what flavor?

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome from me as well.

FYI nic is delivered differently with vaping than it is via smoking at a lesser level. I would have gone with 18mg of nic while getting used to vaping and making the transition and then you can drop the level as you progress.

And make sure to drink lots of water as vaping can dehydrate your mouth tissues to the point where you can't taste what you are vaping.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there Static, Glad you found us, congrats on quitting the cig's. Enjoy the forum.

Brad88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im in Florida as well.

VU Sponsors