Become a Patron!

Hey there my fellow Vapers. Have a question about Hardware.

So recently I bought a Geek Vape Zeus X RTA
And when I opened the barrel to start building the damn positive post wich is held by the 510 RTA pin had coarse threads and it fell out of the deck and hit the floor. Along with all my rebuildable tank dreams. I been dying to get my hands on this thing. My dumb ass ordered it from Elememt Vape instead of direct so the best they could do was have me ship it back for free. And either give me store credit for the 30 bucks or issue a refund. First of all that didn’t cover half my shipping. I ordered the RTA, a 5 pack of Z .4 coils cause this Zeus sub ohm tank is fkn 🔥. And three juices. Pachamamma 2 flavors and Daze fusion Pinaplle coconut banana. The retail before shipping was like 80 bucks the. It shot up to 150 real quick. I basically told them to blow exotic Chinese animals and slapped a 2.5 mm screw and a flush bushing in there and now it works fine. Probably not healthy or safe or any of that but hey. I’m an HVAC Technician and a Plumber. If I cried every time Freon or human feces touched my skin I would be broke and unemployed. If anyone has any hardware sight recommendations I would rather have the right metals and contacts. I appreciate the hell out of image.jpgyou guys and this forum site is pretty awesome. Even if you have one sitting around we’ll figure it out. I ain’t cheap just impatient and was really excited to Vape this thing. Probably not even the best RTA but what do I know.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My dumb ass ordered it from Elememt Vape instead of direct so the best they could do was have me ship it back for free. And either give me store credit for the 30 bucks or issue a refund. First of all that didn’t cover half my shipping.
Sounds as though they would have covered your shipping it back. Usually what it means when a vendor suggests ship it back to us/them/the vendor free. How would that not have "covered half of your shipping" costs? Not meaning this as snark, ... (plumbers, welders ... well, ...)

*used to weld some, have also done some basic household plumbing, electrical, concrete work* Not done HVAC yet earnestly, may not as I get claustrophobic. Presently working as a fill in custodian for county schools, hoping for FT on that soon. Used to work in poultry plant, stock yards, farms, nursing homes, restraints, former military and grew up around that. My wife jokes and tells folks I "do shit." Ah, ran as emt a bit too. *nodding* Yep, done plenty of shit work and still do shit. *chuckles*

Look for 3F vape, Fast Tech. These are Chinese hardware vendor "wholesale" sites. You can find affordable RDTAs/RDAs, mods, most vaping gear at these sites. You may get "clones" but you're saving bucks. Try a clone might consider paying big dollar for authentic.

At these sites you'll look in the search boxes for "replacement 510 pins for RDTA/RDA" without the quotes. Nearly every vendor site tries to carry spare 510 pins or at one time did. You might also look up Fat Daddy's. They usually got a bit of everything.

HTH

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

Sorry about the mishap with your RTA, but I would have shipped it back and got the credit. Element is in the US and has been a great place to buy vaping supplies and I am not sure if Geekvape would have helped you at all, they are in China. I do not own the Geekvape Zeus X, but couldn't you put the 510 pin back in or did you lose it or did it break off?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think at one time you could buy replacement decks for the Zeus X. I looked last night some and there definitely are mesh decks out there, if you have any inclination to try mesh. The Zeus X Mesh is a great RTA. I'm vaping on one as we speak!

That's the only suggestion I have, though, see if you can find a replacement deck. Just Google "Zeus X replacement deck."

Yeah I am going to order one just to check it out i really want that post deck though, had my hopes up. You guys are probably right though cause I have a Zeus X sub ohm mesh tank and the flavor is ridiculous just a pain to keep having to pay for something after you bought it over and over (replacement coils). Also I wanted to compare the two flavor wise. I went to the hardware store and used a regular machine screw it seems to be working ok it’s just a bit ghetto. Lol if it ain’t rough it ain’t right huh 😂, thanks everyone got the input. This forum is awesome.

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

Sorry about the mishap with your RTA, but I would have shipped it back and got the credit. Element is in the US and has been a great place to buy vaping supplies and I am not sure if Geekvape would have helped you at all, they are in China. I do not own the Geekvape Zeus X, but couldn't you put the 510 pin back in or did you lose it or did it break off?
It came broken right out of the box, I contacted geek vape too and they left me hanging. I spend a lot of money on their products you would think they would care but I guess not. It’s all good I’ll just get a new one. I fixed it with a machine screw but I don’t like it. I want the actual RTA intact or the exact replacement RTA Pin. Probably the same as any old screw but I won’t know till I get one.

Sounds as though they would have covered your shipping it back. Usually what it means when a vendor suggests ship it back to us/them/the vendor free. How would that not have "covered half of your shipping" costs? Not meaning this as snark, ... (plumbers, welders ... well, ...)

*used to weld some, have also done some basic household plumbing, electrical, concrete work* Not done HVAC yet earnestly, may not as I get claustrophobic. Presently working as a fill in custodian for county schools, hoping for FT on that soon. Used to work in poultry plant, stock yards, farms, nursing homes, restraints, former military and grew up around that. My wife jokes and tells folks I "do shit." Ah, ran as emt a bit too. *nodding* Yep, done plenty of shit work and still do shit. *chuckles*

Look for 3F vape, Fast Tech. These are Chinese hardware vendor "wholesale" sites. You can find affordable RDTAs/RDAs, mods, most vaping gear at these sites. You may get "clones" but you're saving bucks. Try a clone might consider paying big dollar for authentic.

At these sites you'll look in the search boxes for "replacement 510 pins for RDTA/RDA" without the quotes. Nearly every vendor site tries to carry spare 510 pins or at one time did. You might also look up Fat Daddy's. They usually got a bit of everything.

HTH
Oh damn you where right that site is pretty awesome, I’m going to order it from there and make this thing work. Congratulations on the School Job, you will get full time and all the benefits in short time im sure ,just keep at it and make sure yourself way more useful then anyone else lol. After COVID and the stimulus wave there is a serious lack of work ethic and it’s being felt everywhere. So guys like us are invaluable to society. Tbh just showing up now gets a Pat on the back wich I guess is pretty cool cause it used to be that we just got shit for installing the toilets lol 😂. Thanks bro appreciate the info.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh damn you where right that site is pretty awesome, I’m going to order it from there and make this thing work. Congratulations on the School Job, you will get full time and all the benefits in short time im sure ,just keep at it and make sure yourself way more useful then anyone else lol. After COVID and the stimulus wave there is a serious lack of work ethic and it’s being felt everywhere. So guys like us are invaluable to society. Tbh just showing up now gets a Pat on the back wich I guess is pretty cool cause it used to be that we just got shit for installing the toilets lol 😂. Thanks bro appreciate the info.

If you order from China, just be aware of delivery time. From Fasttech it generally takes between two and three weeks. Worth it to me, but not everyone agrees. I'm willing to wait and save the money.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you order from China, just be aware of delivery time. From Fasttech it generally takes between two and three weeks. Worth it to me, but not everyone agrees. I'm willing to wait and save the money.

Yep, ordered a set of drip tips from there today. Had about $8 left on a gift card. The tips ran about $3 & change, shipping $2 & change. They'll get here around first of Oct., or so the site "estimated".

Congratulations on the School Job, you will get full time and all the benefits in short time im sure ,just keep at it and make sure yourself way more useful then anyone else lol. After COVID and the stimulus wave there is a serious lack of work ethic and it’s being felt everywhere. So guys like us are invaluable to society.

Well this year is my third year as a PT fill in. Having some issues with position. It isn't the work itself. Running into loggerheads with the people. Seems if a new one gets into a "boss" spot on the board it's "kick the dog". Sorry, I go in and work I don't expect that, nor folks lying to me regarding myself to my face.

I do the work almost too well. One key thing, I do not do what does not need done. For example if I see windows that are clear, nope, not doing. The next on shift can if they want, I'm prioritized to get the bulk of the "heavy" stuff done. Got a mnemonic for it.

1. Dust: halls/lockers/fire alarms & pulls/fireboxes/first aid/classrooms/offices/cobweb ninja.

2. Vacuum: any carpeting, mats needing/high spot if that is all required.

3. Sweep: out classrooms into halls, sweep down halls en route

4. Trash: get all trash out from classrooms/offices/baths/specials set trash buggy aside

5. Bathrooms: stock & wipe 'em down / put trash in trash buggy to leave a pro look, leave all toilet seats upright to signal cleanliness & actually clean and bowl brush --- take out trash

6. Mop: all baths & spec. needs areas/halls &,or run green machine/buffer --- mopping can be on rotational schedule/high spot

Hidden 7: do security check, tidy up supplies, leave notes for work orders/supplies for next on shift -- trip lights & lock up

I do this chaining it all together in fluid movement. Muscle memory lets me auto-pilot. Have completed a shift what takes others 8 hours in 4. Yes, the work is done, proper, fully, best of ability. I simply just know to "work" & can keep moving chaining it together well. Yes, I do take short breaks & usually a 45 minute to hour lunch. Nobody says boo if I sit, they know better.

The new Super had to track me down two weeks ago. I had been spotted in 3 schools that day. ;) :p :D Yep, make the bosses find you, let them see, "look, workin' here, go play somewhere else, eh?

Wife & me have had "big pow wows" over it. Witch/erm/Wife''s got a friend at the hospital in Parkersburg. This friend is also friend to HR. She told wife I could be guaranteed in for either laundry, or housekeeping. Parkersburg is where wife works. Wife located a house up there w/ mortgage payment running under $300 month.

Neither of us want to be "city folk". Given it cuts her commute, offers me public transport if needed, eliminates our need to pay for storage ... yep, looking a better deal. We'd only need to be there 10-15 yrs anyway. By then we can sock back for something rural & I'll be re-tire-d. Of course, already know that just means she'll put new tires on me. *chuckles* Bohica, bohica & forget the butter.

Ah but I love it & her, lest I'd run off to Canada. Why there? *shrug* Giggles.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors