Become a Patron!

Hey. Thought I'd Say Hi!

TangoWhisky

Member For 4 Years
Hi Vapers,

I'm new to the fold and quit tobacco on Sat 18th July. I won't be looking back. I took a punt on a stop smoking club set up at work by our MD. Run by a health psychologist, I was recommended patches and lozenges, gave it a try and struggled to get to the end of the day without tobacco. I cycle twice daily and the patches weren't compatible with my lifestyle - due to the sweating (from exercise). The lozenges were ok, but harsh on the throat.

The health psychologist was also a keen advocate of vaping - describing the damage done by vaping as being a 'doorstep' in comparison with the 'skyscraper' that is tobacco. I gave up on giving up nicotine, since I learned that nicotine wasn't my problem - tobacco was. I went to my LVS (Local Vaping Shop) and got some really great advice (much of which was very technical and went way over my head!). I spent over 2 hours talking to the guys and girls there and left with a Vapor Shark rDNA 40 and a Kanger Aerotank Mega with 3 20 ml bottles of juice at 12ml nicotine. I haven't looked back - absolutely the best money I have ever spent. I love the way my device bubbles when I draw on it, and I sound like Darth Vader!

I have been vaping freely in my spare time (possibly due to the novelty) and know when I'm overdoing it as I get a bit of a dull headache. I just ease off. At work - where I have to go 2 hours or more without a hit - I still get the old, tedious withdrawal symptoms and have to go through the 'smoking cycle' of irritability and then relief. I think that my MD is currently looking at our 'Smoke Free Policy' as the health psychologist has pointed out that vapor is not smoke! I'm on annual leave at the moment and will be interested to see if there has been any updates on the subject when I return.

9 days in I went back to the LVS as I had run out of juice (is 60 ml excessive in 9 days?). I snapped up the Kanger Subtank Mini and run it in the evenings on 25 watts with an 0.5 ohm coil and the vent wide open. I still 'sip' on the Aerotank during the day at 10-12 watts and a 1.5 ohm coil. I have pressure tested vaping with alcohol and had no urge to return to analogs (as I hear many do when drinking).

I have successfully given up a dirty, nasty habit and found a pleasurable new hobby - that allows me to enjoy what I got from smoking at what I understand to be a massively reduced health risk. I have to say that the removal of tobacco products from my system after 20 years has been ridiculously effortless with vaping. I consider myself a vaper now (not a smoker - even this soon into giving up tobacco) and can cycle harder, faster, and longer than ever before. I won't be mentioning smoking anymore (except in relation to anyone else's discussion) as I feel totally beyond it now.

Anyway, thanks for reading this long introduction and I am looking forward to learning more from you guys.

Best wishes all!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU. Good luck with your new vaping adventure.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU, congrats on putting down tobacco! Vape on!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you joined up and welcome, great intro story. Enjoy your new hobby, many here to share stories with.

TangoWhisky

Member For 4 Years
Hi Mods, I don't seem to be able to PM you. Can I ask that my previous name be removed as I have no previous post with it, couldn't spell 'whisky/whiskey' in my excitement to join, have a teeny weeny touch of OCD, and it's my first couple of days? :)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The "previously TangoMikeWhisey"? you should have the power to edit that yourself. Click on your name at the top right

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Then find the box "custom title". Did it work?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do you see your name at the top right?
Hover you mouse over your name and a box should open
Click on personal details.

TangoWhisky

Member For 4 Years
Do you see your name at the top right?
Hover you mouse over your name and a box should open
Click on personal details.
Thanks man, have done personal details but definitely no option for custom title.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It should be under your avatar.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I'm finding out that there are requirement to be able to do that.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I should take notes when I learn about this place.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

VU Sponsors