Become a Patron!

Hey y'all

I started vaping aprox 6 yrs ago .. wife was begging me to stop cigs .. 31yrs smoking ( Im 53 ).. I kept seeing vape and the discussion of it .. I like many tried it out when the e-cigs started hitting the shelves .. the vape products that looked like cigs but tasted like shit or no flavor at all .. tobacco, menthol, mint .. that was about all that existed on the shelves at convenience stores .. then I walked into a vape shop ( mtn oak vapors ) here in town, my wife had just givin me the green light to buy whatever I wanted to stop smoking .. tried the Chantix route .. made me crazy as a bed bug .. nope can't do that .. then bought my first mod .. still have it .. weighs a ton .. solid metal and was much better than the retail junk.. but still not cigs .. I managed to keep enough nicotine 24mg in me to finally break free from tobacco .. 6 yrs later .. can't imagine going back to those nasty smelling things .. and now vaping 3mg .. and have been making my own juice off and on for the last 3 yrs .. and now with the potential flavor ban .. even more pushed to do my own, not to mention the cost of 100 mil retail is pretty steep .. I'm a tightwad :) been stocking up on flavors and trying more advanced mixing .. bought a digital gram scale .. still prefer drip drip and syringes .. but getting use to the scale.
Thanks

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome dude - VU's DIY section is top of the line

:wave:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU..
Like Lucy said, the diy area here is fantastic!

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I started vaping aprox 6 yrs ago .. wife was begging me to stop cigs .. 31yrs smoking ( Im 53 ).. I kept seeing vape and the discussion of it .. I like many tried it out when the e-cigs started hitting the shelves .. the vape products that looked like cigs but tasted like shit or no flavor at all .. tobacco, menthol, mint .. that was about all that existed on the shelves at convenience stores .. then I walked into a vape shop ( mtn oak vapors ) here in town, my wife had just givin me the green light to buy whatever I wanted to stop smoking .. tried the Chantix route .. made me crazy as a bed bug .. nope can't do that .. then bought my first mod .. still have it .. weighs a ton .. solid metal and was much better than the retail junk.. but still not cigs .. I managed to keep enough nicotine 24mg in me to finally break free from tobacco .. 6 yrs later .. can't imagine going back to those nasty smelling things .. and now vaping 3mg .. and have been making my own juice off and on for the last 3 yrs .. and now with the potential flavor ban .. even more pushed to do my own, not to mention the cost of 100 mil retail is pretty steep .. I'm a tightwad :) been stocking up on flavors and trying more advanced mixing .. bought a digital gram scale .. still prefer drip drip and syringes .. but getting use to the scale.
Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

As others have said, our DIY forum has lots of talented mixers and plenty of folks to help you step up your game!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Welcome to the Forum :wave:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi, welcome!
I'm new here too, and a newbie in vaping.
Although it was not adviced by my doctor, I found vaping helpful in making me easily manage my anxiety.

Welcome. :) :wave:

The only concern I express is to ask, are you using nicotine in your vaping juice? If so, might I politely suggest allowing your doctor to know you use nicotine and possibly a rough estimate of how much you use, daily, weekly. When you purchase commercially available ejuice it usually has a listing on its bottle label of something like 3mg, 6mg, 12mg. This refers to how many milligrams of nicotine are present in each milliliter of ejuice. You can then take the multiple of how much juice you consume daily and multiply that by the milligrams of nicotine and get a daily estimate.

An example:

I use 18 mg nicotine per ml. Each day on average I vape 4 ml of juice. This goes into the formula 4 ml * 18 mg = 72 mg. So, I use 72 mg of nicotine per day. Granted this as I said is merely an average. Some days I may vape 6 ml of juice, other days only 3 ml, I round it out to 4 ml. I'm rather sure most who vape use more or less juice each day, most vary in what we use. That's natural.

Suggesting you let your doctor know of your usage not in an effort to rat you out. Doctors if worthy of being called a doctor like to know stuff like nicotine use. It helps them be more mindful of your health concerns. You like it when your automobile mechanic fixes your car well and proper? ... It is the same for a doctor caring for your health. I have several doctors who hold no opinion of vaping beyond to ask if I still use nicotine, what they tell me is that in using nicotine they still need to list I smoke for their practices.

Alright, my little discussion regarding nicotine is finished. Thank you for reading & again welcome. :)

Last edited:

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
Welcome to VU... Where the info is solid, the smells are alluring, and the wise-asses are plentiful... :eek:
Please enjoy your stay.....

VU Sponsors