Become a Patron!

Hey.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay. So, a few years ago, maybe three years, my wife buys me a starter kit for Xmas, I think. A hint. LOL. I had no desire to quit analogs at the time. I've been a pack a day smoker for nearly thirty years and wasn't planning on quitting, so I didn't. The Classic(rn4081) e-cig she got was cool to play with until I got bored with it and it just sat around. Around 4 weeks ago I quit analogs. I didn't really think of vaping until halfway through the first day and I remembered the old kit and tore the house apart looking for it, hee hee. Two batteries with one having a full charge, two or three atties, some dried out carts and half a 30ml bottle of "CML 16mg" juice. A life saver, lol. After filling a cart and trying each atty until I found one that worked(I had ordered extra parts years before) I finally got me a hit of nicotine. The JOY! Anyway, I didn't kill anyone, unlike my earlier failed attempts at quitting analogs. Vaping helped.

I'm currently dripping the RN4081 with Dreamer 12mg from Vintage Liquids that I got in my one and only quick visit to a local vape shop. Sad? Well, I haven't smoked an analog so there is that. I actually kinda like the RN4081. I think it will come in handy for Harley rides because I can hold it in my teeth and puff away. And it has served me well for what it is.

So, on order. My priorities are cheap and dependable over the long term. For the cost of about a months worth of analogs I have ordered the MVP V2, Nautilus BVC Tank, a couple of juices, and replacement coils for the Nautilus. $73. And............. I ordered 1 liter PG 100mg/ml nicotine solution, 1 liter PG, 1 liter VG, some glass bottles with droppers, 4oz apricot(TFA), 4oz rasberry(sweet) (TFA). $88

How's that for step up? Except, I'm waiting for the mail.

It would appear that my forced introduction(both the "hint" from the wife and the life saving juice on hand, I'm now a vaper, though I need my tools to get here................................ASAP.

Anyway, I've been reading the forum so I thought I should drop in and say hi. Hopefully, my reading has put me on the right track. Feel free to point me in the right direction if I've missed something.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to this forum
Vapping IS the way to quit smoking
The right direction is "the one that works for you in your quest to never use an analog again"
enjoy

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks.

At this point, my biggest stress point is fear of a dead battery, dead atty or spilled/broken bottle/lost juice. I'm vaping way more than I smoked. I suppose it's an overcompensation for the desire to have a cig in my fingers. I'm giving my two minis quite a work out. By the time I drain one battery, the other is barely done charging.

I chose the MVP2 and Nautilus in part to help ease that stress point. The MVP comes with a Iclear 30 so I'll have a long lasting battery, 2 tanks, and lots of juice on hand.

But, I have to wait on the mail.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use the ego 900mah batteries and smoketech tanks.(the rbc are cheap($3) and I like to use a new one when testing new juices and the pbc glass when using cinnamon also under $8) When I leave the house I bring 4 extra complete units in a standard case. one has nicotine, one has my every day sweet cinnamon watermelon, one loaded with whatever new juice I trying out to share with friends, and one has hemp CBD oil. That way If I'm stressing out I can vape some nicotine or hemp, if my battery goes out or tank goes empty I can just grab another unit and keep vapping. And I'm always getting my friends to try whatever I'm making new flavors of. I see/hear of so many people that there unit goes down and they buy a pack of smokes to make it thru the day.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey back, and welcome to The Underground! :)

Always have a backup for your backup, and congrats on taking the leap - stick around and ask... we're all happy to help.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the Underground Time. Congratulations in making the switch and joining the vapor family. This is an exciting revolution and it's here to stay indefinitely. There's a lot of gear out there and you just have to take the time to sift through and find what works for you. I use the Eleaf iStick now as my main mod of choice it's the best mod out there IMO. I also have a lot of other toys to play with. I like the Vivi Nova-S tanks 3.5 ml with the new Aspire BVC coils they works great. Used to be into mechanical mods but got tired and bored with them and now prefer the regulated which give me a better vape. The i Clear 30 were a major blowout to me didn't care for them at all. The only Innokin tank I like is the iClear 30s with the swivel tip. Some don't like the swivel but I absolutely love it for its range of flexibility and positioning. Coils cost a little more than others but the quality of the vape is what's its all about. Only thing you can't do with the tank is vape citrus and cinnamon but I don't usually do those flavors anyway. Vape on and vape strong.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A vape a day keeps the doctor away:D

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Underground Time. Congratulations in making the switch and joining the vapor family. This is an exciting revolution and it's here to stay indefinitely. There's a lot of gear out there and you just have to take the time to sift through and find what works for you. I use the Eleaf iStick now as my main mod of choice it's the best mod out there IMO. I also have a lot of other toys to play with. I like the Vivi Nova-S tanks 3.5 ml with the new Aspire BVC coils they works great. Used to be into mechanical mods but got tired and bored with them and now prefer the regulated which give me a better vape. The i Clear 30's were a major blowout to me didn't care for them at all. The only Innokin tank I like is the iClear 30s with the swivel tip. Some don't like the swivel but I absolutely love it for its range of flexibility and positioning. Coils cost a little more than others but the quality of the vape is what's its all about. Only thing you can't do with the tank is vape citrus and cinnamon but I don't usually do those flavors anyway. Vape on and vape strong.

Thanks.

I did get my MVP2 and it came with a iclear30. I really like the MVP but I only use the iclear 30 for my wakeup tobacco flavors. I do like the swivel tip, best part of the tank as far as I'm concerned. I also got a Nautilus BVC and that's what I use most of the day. Now, if I could find a swivel tip for it.......................

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks.

I did get my MVP2 and it came with a iclear30. I really like the MVP but I only use the iclear 30 for my wakeup tobacco flavors. I do like the swivel tip, best part of the tank as far as I'm concerned. I also got a Nautilus BVC and that's what I use most of the day. Now, if I could find a swivel tip for it.......................

The MVP comes with the iClear 30 and the VTR with the iClear 30s. The iClear 30s is the good tank the iClear 30 was my trash tank. I replaced the iClear 30 with the iClear 30S for my MVP and they hit great. That is the tank to check out. You can find the 30s real cheap now for only around $14. Unfortunately the swivel tip is not your standard 510 push in it's threaded for the iClear only so it's not interchangeable with the Nautilus. Still if you want to check out the 30s it is a far better tank than the 30 and uses very good coils, 8 wicks housed in a tube for easier wicking juice absorbtion. It's like a carto.You push in the entire coil and lock with rotating cap at the bottom no screwing into the base like standard coils on the market. Check them out here Time:) http://www.vaporbeast.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=innokin iclear 30s

Perhaps in the future Aspire will incorporate 360 degree swivel but for now iClear 30s is the best alternative. Tank is 510 threaded and holds 3ml of juice (good capacity) No leaks or burns hits smooth and strong on draw. I use it on my Eleaf iStick and get a super vape out of it. I'm using it now witht RY 4 juice. Coils last about two weeks which is far better than your average coil.

Last edited:

Valeriee Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on quitting the analogs. Keep on vaping!

JPop

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ended up with an I clear 30S without a swivel tip about a year ago. I feel gypped.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U stick with vaping your lungs will thank you every day!!!

VU Sponsors