Become a Patron!

HHVC (Vanilla Custard)

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've made a ton of other folks' good custard recipes over the years (like Deek's, which I love & Third World Order's). I made so many in fact, that I didn't think I'd ever mess with making my own, but I started tinkering, trying to incorporate elements from each of the recipes I liked & this is what I came up with finally a couple of months ago. It passed my 4 week steeping test better than any other version I had made & even though the internet is flooded with custard recipes I like it enough to share it here & ELR.

3% TFA Bavarian Cream
2% TFA Dulce de Leche
2% TFA EM
4% CAP French Vanilla
.5% TFA Smooth
6% CAP Vanilla Custard (V1)

Some may argue it's as much cream as a custard. A little lighter & maybe "brighter" than some of the heavier custards, but it makes it more of an ADV for me than some of the more rich profiles. If you make it, let me know what you think.

Needs 3-4 weeks of steep time, but worth it.

HHVC.jpg

Last edited:

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've made a ton of other folks' good custard recipes over the years (like Deek's, which I love & Third World Order's). I made so many in fact, that I didn't think I'd ever mess with making my own, but I started tinkering, trying to incorporate elements from each of the recipes I liked & this is what I came up with finally a couple of months ago. It passed my 4 week steeping test better than any other version I had made & even though the internet is flooded with custard recipes I like it enough to share it here & ELR.

3% TFA Vienna Cream
2% TFA Dulce de Leche
2% TFA EM
4% CAP French Vanilla
.5% TFA Smooth
6% CAP Vanilla Custard (V1)

Some may argue it's as much cream as a custard. A little lighter & maybe "brighter" than some of the heavier custards, but it makes it more of an ADV for me than some of the more rich profiles. If you make it, let me know what you think.

Needs 3-4 weeks of steep time, but worth it.
Thanks for sharing with us. will try today. 2% DDL will not over power? I am going to make 30ml test ;) and hardest part is waiting :popcorn:

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for sharing with us. will try today. 2% DDL will not over power? I am going to make 30ml test ;) and hardest part is waiting :popcorn:
If you let it steep (yeah I know, waiting sucks), you will not taste so much DDL & hopefully you'll be glad you made 30 ml. The custard also smoothes out & gets softer as well.
I usually make 15 ml testers to begin with, but I probably won't make less than 120 ml of this from now on.

Let me know how it works out.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for sharing. Bookmarked for later as I only have half of those ingredients.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have everything except TFA dulce de leche, I have the FW version though, have you ever tried it with that?

Thanks for sharing

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually like the FW version better than TFA.
I have no problem with the TFA, but what is it you like better about the FW (which no, I have never tried)?
I also have no problem updating my wish list either!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have no problem with the TFA, but what is it you like better about the FW (which no, I have never tried)?
I also have no problem updating my wish list either!

TFA was more bitter tasting whereas FW was a bit sweeter and less dark tasting, (or maybe just weaker?).
Although for some reason I actually prefer using TFA Caramel Original rather than DDL of any brand.
Tried several recipes long ago that used DDl and didn't like any of them.
When just dropping it, or subbing with Caramel, I found them much better tasting.
But it could be my taste buds are just different, which is not that uncommon in the vaping world.

VU Sponsors