Become a Patron!

Hi All-New To This Forum But Not New To Vaping

Just thought I'd rejoin a cool forum. I got covid in Nov 2019 and since then (right up until this last week) I have been unable to vape. It's taken me this long to not cough out a lung when I vape. It was awful. Anyway....it's good to be back on a forum.

I know this is a longshot, but my favorite tank is the melo 3. If anyone has any laying around, I'd buy it off you...LOL. I vape currently on a Geek Vape AEGIS X 200W with a Geek Vape Zeus RTA. I'm vaping naked juice (diy) with a little Queenside added. mmmmm. Oh how I missed Queenside!

I'm looking for a chocolate/blueberry juice and possibly a toasted marshmallow juice if it isn't too sweet. If anyone might know of something, please point me in the right direction! I'd totally appreciate you for the rest of your natural life.

My favorite juice off all time was Cure by nikoticket. I miss them too.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all! I may step into the world of making more diy juice soon and look forward to doing lots of reading. Have an amazing weekend!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Glad you finally got over the 'rona!

Check out our DIY section, there are plenty of folks to help you out. Also, check out e-liquid-recipes.com or alltheflavors.com as well for DIY.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had Covid myself twice. First time was over Thanksgiving week 2022. I got down with it first & then my wife did as well. We isolated ourselves at home in bed. It was all we could do to walk to the kitchen to nuke soup, walk to the bathroom across the hall.

Second time, she brought it to us after her sister took it. The second time wasn't as bad as the first. Both times, at worst it felt like a bad flu had us down a week, maybe two.

Yes, it was rough. I had an antibiotic infusion treatment the first time. It helped a little, but eventually a fever of 105 broke it out of me. The wife let me sleep the fever off at my request.

To come up to Parkersburg to work in a hospital, It was required to vaccinate. Two weeks later, it was common knowledge the vaccination nor "booster" did anything at all. The hospital could not mandate a second round nor terminate for not vaccinating. They had records stating I did.

Yep, one of those purely absurd moments. The people "in charge" had no idea what to do. "You still wear masks around patients. We need to look like a hospital, after all." So, I did.

My best friend lost his dad to Covid. I'm not trying to make light, only convey my experience. Not trying to dissuade from vaccination, again only my experience.

Had Covid myself twice. First time was over Thanksgiving week 2022. I got down with it first & then my wife did as well. We isolated ourselves at home in bed. It was all we could do to walk to the kitchen to nuke soup, walk to the bathroom across the hall.

Second time, she brought it to us after her sister took it. The second time wasn't as bad as the first. Both times, at worst it felt like a bad flu had us down a week, maybe two.

Yes, it was rough. I had an antibiotic infusion treatment the first time. It helped a little, but eventually a fever of 105 broke it out of me. The wife let me sleep the fever off at my request.

To come up to Parkersburg to work in a hospital, It was required to vaccinate. Two weeks later, it was common knowledge the vaccination nor "booster" did anything at all. The hospital could not mandate a second round nor terminate for not vaccinating. They had records stating I did.

Yep, one of those purely absurd moments. The people "in charge" had no idea what to do. "You still wear masks around patients. We need to look like a hospital, after all." So, I did.

My best friend lost his dad to Covid. I'm not trying to make light, only convey my experience. Not trying to dissuade from vaccination, again only my experience.
Hey there MMM. We got Covid before the pandemic hit. We were diagnosed with a SARs variant of unknown origin. The sickest I have EVER been except for when we got H1N1 in 2010/2011. I didn't think we'd survive it actually. The hospital had no advice for us, fluids, rest blah blah blah.

When the actual pandemic hit, we went for a titers test and we did have the titers for Covid, so there is that. Anyway, we still mask now because I couldn't live with myself if we gave this to someone who could not survive it. We have many elderly and immunocompromised people in our life. We've also lost dear ones to Covid. The saddest one was losing a healthy person to suicide 4 months after their bout with it. Psychosis is a bonus affliction that a significant number of people suffered with in addition to long haulers.

Crazy times we live in...LOL!

I'm just thankful that I've healed enough to vape now. I generally don't talk about our experience because there is so much emotion surrounding Covid. I just opt out. I see here that there were comments that were deleted, and I have to say, I'm glad I didn't see them beforehand. I'm happy to not have read them.

I did just receive my new box mod in the mail!! Yay!! I ordered a Geek Vape AEGIS X 200W Starter Kit -Obelisk Edition - Rainbow / Black. I'm super happy with the mod, but the tank leaks like a sieve! The tank is a Geek Vape Obelisk sub ohm tank. I see that others have also had the same issue with this tank. If it doesn't leak, people seem to love it. If it leaks, it seems to be an issue forever. My spouse builds their own coils and I'm using a Geek Vape Zeus rebuildable for the time being. I will eventually have to learn to build my own coils...

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate having the opportunity to read it. Have a great week and wish me luck with my leaky tank!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I generally don't talk about our experience because there is so much emotion surrounding Covid. I just opt out.

In general, I have too. It proves the more humane route. As said, only related my experience. I don't want that stuff again, for sure. That's all I've to say on it.

I didn't disregard being masked in the hospital. Yes, there were times when, off alone, I lowered my mask. Around any patient, or possible patient, my mask was proper. I'm your general common a-hole (Think John McClaine from Die Hard), not some monstrous prick.

Do hope your leaky tank problem works out. May want to start checking o-rings and perhaps swapping out to a thicker sized o-ring here and there. Might try the water trick as well. Warm water to expand the silicone/rubber, cold to contract it. Also look out for debris around/in/on o-rings. Sometimes find eyelash/es or tiny bits of critter furs managed to get to my o-rings. *chuckles*

Borrowing humor from another thread. "Keep your rings clean to SOAR greatly! The rings connect the nozzles."

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hey, i saw you in the other thread, before you go buying coils and stuff, this is the new geekvape subohm tank that i hear is ok...just throwing it out there for u

Sounds like u have had a really rough time, as i said earlier, welcome and glad u r getting better

Hey, i saw you in the other thread, before you go buying coils and stuff, this is the new geekvape subohm tank that i hear is ok...just throwing it out there for u

Sounds like u have had a really rough time, as i said earlier, welcome and glad u r getting better
I have the Zeus RDA. I just received my Geek Vape Obelisk tank as well. I'm learning how to build coils this weekend. Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it. I think I'm going to keep my Melo3 and the coils I have and use it as my high nicotine tank. I still smoke a bit, and I can hit that instead of a cigarette. Should last me a while. I finally have my new mod and tanks set up, juice made - now I'm playing with all the modes on the Aegis 200. Damn, the screen is so big you could watch movies on it!

VU Sponsors