Become a Patron!

Hi from a new vaper

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping for 11 weeks now. The day I started with my Halo ecig was the last day I had a cigarette. It's amazing that something that is relatively simple can have such an important impact on one's life.

Like some of you, I immediately began exploring this new world and fell head first into the rabbit hole. Eleven weeks later and I'm making my own juice. After the first 25 tries, I scored on 4 recipes that will be ADVs, including one from HIC (I suspect there will be many more from him).

In the past 11 weeks I've spent most of my free time in learning about vaping. Procuring everything has been tricky due to the country I live in, yet I've managed. I'm now a familiar face at the customs office and they believe that I'm either the busiest baker in the city, or one hell of a story teller. Either way, I've sourced everything with the help from some very accommodating people in the US and Europe. This includes my wife who went home to Atlanta and brought my first hardware and juice. A local friend visiting Texas gladly brought more hardware back as well.

When a couple of people noted that I had become obsessed with vaping, I reply that as far as I could tell that there is nothing going on in my life right now that is more important to my life than vaping. It's understandable that those who don't smoke don't realize how life changing vaping is. Once I put it that way, they seem to understand. I do hope that now I'm able to make tons of juice, I'll soon back off on the time expenditure. But then again, it is a hobby as well.

Finally, in my brief yet intense education, I have found more helpful information from this site than anywhere else. HIC even replied to a question that he's probably heard a hundred times. I look forward to asking even more questions and, then one day, answering them as well.

I want to thank everyone for this great place.

Happy New Year to all!!

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Great testimonial!

Welcome to the forum - and congratulations on quitting tobacco :)

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the Underground. Congrats on quitting.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Congrats and Welcome to the UNDERGROUND!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's understandable that those who don't smoke don't realize how life changing vaping is.

But then again, it is a hobby as well.

^^^^ This!

People who have never smoked really don't get it and do have difficulty understanding why I've become so obsessed.

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole!

The deeper it gets it only gets even more satisfying and fun.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Congrats, and welcome to VU! You couldn't have picked a better place to be to advance yourself in the hobby. Lot's of good info to be had here.

VU Sponsors