Become a Patron!

Hi from Boston

Hi All-
I just found this forum, and I'm loving it so far. So I figured I'd introduce myself since I'll probably be on here a lot. I just started vaping last week. I was on my way the the store to buy a pack of cigarettes and ended up in a vape store instead but, I should start from the beginning.
I've been a daily **** smoker and drinker for years. And by daily drinker, I mean an alcoholic. Five months ago I finally decided to get sober- which meant giving up the **** smoking along with the drinking. Within a week of getting sober I found that I'd gone from a social smoker to smoking a pack a day. In the recovery community over 90% of people smoke, so literally everyone I was around was smoking and I missed the ritual of smoking ****. I'd quit smoking for a few days at a time, but pick it right back up.
So last week I picked up a KangerTech EVOD 2- I didn't want to spend too much money since I wasn't sure how much I would like it. Needless to say (since I'm on here), I'm hooked. I absolutely love vaping. I haven't smoked a cigarette since I got my vape, and I'm really not even tempted. Vaping is just so much more enjoyable.
So far the juices I've been using have been have been from Down Town Vapes and Cuttwood, and I've been really pleased with all of them. I'll definitely be upgrading my vape as soon as I can afford it.
Anyway, glad to find such an awesome forum! I'm sure you'll all have a lot to do with the next setup I buy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HI Dovima! Glad you're finding your way. I've been clean and sober for 11 years now, glad you're here! I've been vaping a couple of years now, started out with very similar gear as you have right now. I always enjoyed those.

Welcome to VU!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome, and good luck with the quit! I used Evod-type devices to drop a 15-year cig habit myself, they certainly can work - but then you get into these vape forums and start thinking bigger and better...

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome, and stick with it and if u want a really go cigalike order u a set from mig cigs u wont be disapointed and u will continue to vape, hang out at the vape stores the support is awesome and not smoking cigs will change ur life to the better i have made alot of really good friends at our local vape store completely different enviroment then i was used to.

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU! Glad you're here and you made the switch! I was a dual user for a couple of years finally made the switch 41 or so days ago.

Lots of useful info and helpful folks here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU Dovima! Great place to be and to hang around.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Enjoy the vape.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U Dovima! Congratulation on quitting the stinkys. There are a lots of helpful and supportive people here!:)

VU Sponsors