Become a Patron!

Hi from Central California

Ace25

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New to forum, not to vaping. I am 39 and vaping was the only thing that finally got me to quit analogs after 20 years (19 of those telling myself I am quitting after the pack is gone). I work at a college and successfully got them to not ban vaping on campus outdoors (only employee to speak up on the issue) by showing actual science and asking for legitimate reasons they want to ban vaping (they had none, their excuse was 'the city banned it so we want to as well').

This is the first vape forum I have joined... been mostly battling negative articles on the web daily (wake up and do google news searches for 'vape, vaping, e-cigarette, and ecig' and find the latest scaremongering articles and try and set them straight if they allow comments (not that I think it does a whole lot, most already formed their opinion and nothing is going to change it). Now I'm looking for others that actually enjoy the same hobby as I do instead of fighting with anti's daily.

I am not sure where the lines are between beginner, intermediate, or advanced user, but my current setup is an Invader Mini (which is nice, but does have several big issues) with a Triton tank using the RBA with Ni200 TC wire. I just vape for flavor now and to help with the oral fixation (and not moving to junk food to replace cigarettes). I have been a tank person since day one (as frustrating as they can be at times, ie. leaking). I stuck with vaping after it helped me quit smoking because I enjoy the technical aspects of it (being an IT guy) and how incredibly cheap it is once you learn how to make juice and building coils.

This is my current setup. I have many others at home (old mech mods, ego batteries, iStick batteries, and more tanks than I can name), but this is what I carry around in my car. Never know when one may need a coil or a new bottle of juice. ;)

vapesupplies.png

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Good to have you here

bighurt3525

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
welcome to the VU, it is great to have you here with us
Welcome! I am new as well. It is nice to see that you have been actively trying to reeducate the people trying to vilify vaping because of fear mongering, and misinformation out there.

HazeKraze

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the forum ! And thumbs up for the set up ;)

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's quite a bit of kit there. Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

Ace25

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

Every time I think I have enough flavors I find a new recipe that calls for one I don't have, which is why the 'kit' is so big. ;) One good thing is making juices at home got the GF more interested in vaping (for dieting reasons, which has worked for her) so it gave us a hobby we can enjoy together.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U, looks like your ready to roll. Best forum here you'll be a great addition!

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! Glad to have you on board!

Ace25

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just posting my current workstation...

R8PwW2d.jpg

d9FHUXF.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors