Become a Patron!

Hi From Texas

So.... I just bought a vape today. trying to quite smoking cigs so im real new to this. Just want some input on success stories for helping to get off cigs. Sorry if this is a stupid question but like I said im new.. thanks

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hi and welcome. What vape did you buy?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome and not stupid at all!

I bought my fist mod in March of 2012 and haven’t had a cigarette since.
I started not with the intention to quit smoking though. I was going in for a major surgery and would be bedridden for 4-6 weeks. I decided that vaping would at least get me through that time. It turned out that I enjoyed it more than smoking and just never went back to cigarettes. I’ve since got into the hobby side, and started keeping a small collection of hardware as well as mixing my own liquid.

New an open mind, allow yourself the freedom of mistakes and enjoy vaping.

Once again welcome to vu and congrats on making a healthier choice.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So.... I just bought a vape today. trying to quite smoking cigs so im real new to this. Just want some input on success stories for helping to get off cigs. Sorry if this is a stupid question but like I said im new.. thanks

Glad you joined - and ask all the questions you need, as it is smart to ask, even if it seems dumb, it's best to know before you try

Was a smoker for 37 years and have now been vaping instead of smoking for four years now

I was a slow learner, and sadly dual used for over three years before quitting completely

Hi! I work at a vape shop in North Carolina. If you ever have questions please feel free to message me. I hope you succeed on you venture to quite smoking cigs. My father (47) quit smoking after near 20 years. He has not regretted it.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi And Welcome

:wave:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum.

What kind of vape did you get?
What nicotine level did you start with?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I smoked for 39 years before I picked up a Blu cigalike in a convenience store in June of 2011. I can count on my two hands the number of cigarettes I've had since that day. The Blu cigalikes didn't last long, though; I had to move on to other, better hardware (or at least it was better at the time, and less expensive with consumables).

I've been hanging out here at VU for about 2.5 years, and in that time I've moved from MTL (mouth-to-lung) vaping to DL (direct lung, sub-ohm) vaping, have learned to use rebuildable devices and mix my own e-liquid. I have a stash in my house that could keep me vaping for probably a decade without me spending another cent on anything (except maybe flavors).

Here on the forum, never ever be embarrassed to ask questions. Better to ask and do something right than to guess and either waste your money or take chances on something dangerous happening. It's very important to know about good batteries if you're ever going to use unregulated (mechanical) devices.

There are a lot of success stories here. A LOT. And it sure seems to me that participating in the community helps us all stay away from temptation (although I can honestly say I haven't wanted a cigarette in literally YEARS). They stink and they don't taste good. Just wait - it won't be long before you'll agree with that, if you stick with vaping. Plus, the last (partial) cigarette I smoked made me cough for two days. My son had just been involved in a head-on collision and I'd left the house without my vape. I was in a right state, but even that wasn't enough of an emergency to get me through that whole cigarette. :)

Best of luck to ya, and welcome to VU.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

I started with Blu back in 2013, they didn't get me off the cigs but they did get me looking into other devices which did the job. In December I'll be 7 years smoke free!

VU Sponsors