Become a Patron!

Hi From Thorold Ontario Canada

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I come from a small city in Southern Ontario 9 miles from Niagara Falls. I'm a smoker of 50 years who's had little success quitting in the past. I quit for four years once until we went to Cuba and I thought I'd try one of those cigars. No problem! I woke up the next day and I wasn't craving a smoke. I guess I can have an occasional smoke then. My occasional smokes became more and more frequent. I had a heart attack 10 years ago and that didn't even stop me.
I took up vaping 6 months ago and I've had two cigarettes since. They weren't whole cigarettes because on both occasions I couldn't handle the taste or smell and threw then away after a couple of puffs. I've not enjoyed smoking really for years but in contrast I really like vaping. I like the taste. I like the big clouds. I like the camaraderie with other vapers. It's a whole subculture.
I started with a Kanger Subvod and a 6mg 50/50 vape. As I became more familiar with the process I went to higher VG chasing bigger clouds. Lately I thought I would get an all-in-one that provides more power so I bought the Joyetech eGo AIO Pro C. The price was right and the 18650 battery had an output of nearly twice my Subvod's battery. I had little success with this machine and a week later I bought the machine I should have sprung for in the first place, The Kanger Subvod Mega TC. It's been great! I still like my original machine the best though, I guess, just because I'm used to it. The Joyetech is in my junk drawer.
Anyway it's great to be here. I'll be posting from time to time. Watch for me.
Chuck

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome Chuck and congrats on quitting the analogs. 50 yr. smoker here also. I have to say I also love my Kanger Subvod. Great device.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks WhiteSoxFan from a Blue Jays fan. Sorry your guys didn't make the PS. It looks like we're still in it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the Underground!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Pleased to have you on board :cool:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU, Chuck. Nice to have you with us!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!

Congrats on quitting after 50 years! I "only" smoked for 40 years, vaping has saved my life!

Warfcat

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey chuck I'm from Ontario too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors