Become a Patron!

Hi I need advice

Hi guys & gals,
I need some advice please. I currently use an Ageis Legend with a Prince tank with Fatboy tank. I'm going through seals quicker than coils. Any advice greatly appreciated.
It's never been dropped, in fact it all looks like I just took it out the box even though it's over 18 months old.
I would also appreciate any advice on a new tank with mesh coils that have large capacity tank 8ml +. I've looked into Smok TVF16, but most reviews say avoid it leaks severely.
Thank you for your time.
Regards
Grim.

Thank you. Would that be good for 2-3 refills then just leak like crazy after the 4th?? I vape about 2 tanks

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Don't crank down on wit when you re assemble. Just a little bit past snug.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
As for what new sub ohm tank to get i have no clue. As i went buildable a long time ago. But i am sure some1 with that knowledge will b a long shortly to help.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If it were me i would take the entire tank apart, clean it and let it dry. Then reassemble to start with a fresh slate.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what's going on here, but I have 4 prince tanks (5?) and do not have this problem.

The prince tank uses L gaskets. Like @Wb80 says. Maybe you're pinching them when screwing the tank back together somehow.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for what new sub ohm tank to get i have no clue. As i went buildable a long time ago. But i am sure some1 with that knowledge will b a long shortly to help.
I don't know if you can get em anymore, but the RBA deck for the Prince is worth having, AND it can get somebody started on building :D

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi guys & gals,
I need some advice please. I currently use an Ageis Legend with a Prince tank with Fatboy tank. I'm going through seals quicker than coils. Any advice greatly appreciated.
It's never been dropped, in fact it all looks like I just took it out the box even though it's over 18 months old.
I would also appreciate any advice on a new tank with mesh coils that have large capacity tank 8ml +. I've looked into Smok TVF16, but most reviews say avoid it leaks severely.
Thank you for your time.
Regards
Grim.
I have the TFV16 and its great on the dual coil. But yes the single is known to leak. Never had a problem with the dual mesh though. Its not really a 9ml tank. In fact 80% of tanks hold well below the stated capacity. The TFV16 with the single mesh is 6.8 ish the Dual 5ish ml. Way below the stated capacity. Even taking into account the juice in the coil it doesn't equate. Often when people get a large capacity tank and do refills they say "wow this thing drinks" thinking they are using the stated capacity. Youd be surprised how much a difference it really is with most if you measure and fill with a syringe. Most manufacturers over state the actual useable capacity. Not all but most.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm like a broken record with this, have said it too many times on this forum, but since I started "burping" my tanks, none of them leak.

I had a TFV16 which I PIF'd to someone who would enjoy it more than I did, but after the first tank of juice, it never leaked again because I started burping it. (I was using dual coils.)

To do this burping thing (when you add juice to the tank):

1. Close airflow
2. Remove cap
3. Fill with juice
4. Replace cap
5. Turn tank upside down.
6. Open airflow.
7. Wait about 15 seconds.
8. Slowly turn tank right-side up.
9. Reattach to mod.
10. Vape for at least a couple of minutes to set vacuum.

For me, it works every time on every kind of tank I own, which is nearly a hundred, probably at least 40 different kinds.

Needless to say, it's not necessary on top airflow tanks.

VU Sponsors