Become a Patron!

Hi there

We ll today I made a promise to my eleven year old to quit and he doesn't mind me vaping as he has research and he know it better for me . I have vaped on and of for a few years but I have gone out and started smoking or my mod breaks and just starting smoking. But the difference is this time I have made a promise to my son and we have a rule never make a promise unless you keep it . Which Iin turn my hubby come home to patches and was not happy but I give him is due he is giving up his way. So onward and upwards i will stick to it this time as it important to one of my sons . So sorry about the long post I a non stop talker in real life lol so hello from me

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We ll today I made a promise to my eleven year old to quit and he doesn't mind me vaping as he has research and he know it better for me . I have vaped on and of for a few years but I have gone out and started smoking or my mod breaks and just starting smoking. But the difference is this time I have made a promise to my son and we have a rule never make a promise unless you keep it . Which Iin turn my hubby come home to patches and was not happy but I give him is due he is giving up his way. So onward and upwards i will stick to it this time as it important to one of my sons . So sorry about the long post I a non stop talker in real life lol so hello from me

Welcome to the Underground :wave:

Best to ya in the new venture

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Welcome Emmy! Well, one thing you need to do right now is get yourself a backup mod, tank, coils and eliquid!
If you need help with that go here. Members are always willing to help. Just start a thread on what you need.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
:wave:Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
images (39).jpeg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know man, a lot of people are turned off by new members going straight to PIF

At one time I still accepted that mentality. Now, I can see it doesn't need to exist. It is a view of "I got mine, screw everyone else".

We as vapers are wanting vaping to take hold. We realize smoking kills. We chose to save our own lives by vaping.

Each of us along the way had help. All we do in paying it forward is say "thank you" to those that helped us. We might also save lives as a bonus.

That being the case I see it very difficult to hold fast to the old mentality. That mentality helps smoking keep killing people. Maybe I see things differently, at least I'm trying to see things.

This is my humble opinion. I'm sure there are others. I'm not engaging them in combat here, only expressing a different view fwiw.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard good luck giving up the stinkies ?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome, Emmy! Sounds like you have some of the best motivation there is - and those kids, they see everything! They'll keep you on your toes! :)

As another poster said, it is important to have backups. Don't want to end up in the middle of the night with a broken mod, or no new coils, or out of juice, and then you end up smoking again. After you've been vaping a while you'll be able to withstand that a lot better, but at first it presents a risk that just undoes all your hard work! Please get backups when you can!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
At one time I still accepted that mentality. Now, I can see it doesn't need to exist. It is a view of "I got mine, screw everyone else".

We as vapers are wanting vaping to take hold. We realize smoking kills. We chose to save our own lives by vaping.

Each of us along the way had help. All we do in paying it forward is say "thank you" to those that helped us. We might also save lives as a bonus.

That being the case I see it very difficult to hold fast to the old mentality. That mentality helps smoking keep killing people. Maybe I see things differently, at least I'm trying to see things.

This is my humble opinion. I'm sure there are others. I'm not engaging them in combat here, only expressing a different view fwiw.

Well, give your vast vapocolypse stash away - even stuff I gave you, lol

And others gave you -

I see you pif, and that's great - just think it's wrong to send someone straight to PIF, especially if they did not express a financial need even

It implied it worked like a vape bank or some shit

Last edited:

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Appreciate your view and agree to an extent. I gave a very nice mod, tank, and juice to a serviceman. And they were not heard from again. A couple of folks suggested otherwise. But I sent it anyways.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Kids will keep you honest. As others have said make sure you have backups for everything and backups for your backups!

Great job

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are in the right place :) Lotsa help here.

Even beyond PIF, it's a buyer's market right now if you know where to look. Good stuff cheap, including juice. For every style of vaping.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Love your name @emmylemon and i'm pretty new here, too, so hi & welcome!!!
Sorry to hear your mods have broken. It always makes me nervous when folks say things like that because my small stash of mods is about all i can afford and i need them to last a lot of years.
Wishing you all the best in your vaping journey!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Love your name @emmylemonIt always makes me nervous when folks say things like that because my small stash of mods is about all i can afford and i need them to last a lot of years.

In my train of thought, move toward using mechanical mods. Why? If you're not an electrical engineer or computer hardware engineer, when regulated devices break they may as well be bricks. Most mechanical mods if they require repairing only need some basic physical tweaking to fix.

For example, I like using a CopperVape mechanical squonk device. Repair "kits" for it only cost about $3. Usually it only takes about 10, maybe 15 minutes max to put in a new repair "kit". You only need a standard screwdriver.

A good durable mechanical mod can last years. Be aware the trade offs are you need to learn some basic math regarding Ohm's Law, and you need to routinely clean your mechanical mod/s. Neither is exactly rocket science and calculators exist to help with Ohm's Law.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
In my train of thought, move toward using mechanical mods. Why? If you're not an electrical engineer or computer hardware engineer, when regulated devices break they may as well be bricks. Most mechanical mods if they require repairing only need some basic physical tweaking to fix.

For example, I like using a CopperVape mechanical squonk device. Repair "kits" for it only cost about $3. Usually it only takes about 10, maybe 15 minutes max to put in a new repair "kit". You only need a standard screwdriver.

A good durable mechanical mod can last years. Be aware the trade offs are you need to learn some basic math regarding Ohm's Law, and you need to routinely clean your mechanical mod/s. Neither is exactly rocket science and calculators exist to help with Ohm's Law.
Thank you! That's good advice. I was given it before and so have a mech tube mod & a Pulse mech squonking mod in my stash. Haven't used either and am hoping never to have to; some folks may love mechs but they kind of scare me. That may be silly, and I also have a Kick thing in the box with them, but I'm still new to vaping and always nervous about doing something wrong. Plus, I'm a klutz. :( Thanks, again.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

emmylemon​

Sep 20, 2020
just one post.
its now NOVEMBER 11, 2020

did you even notice how many came out to greet and support you?
and why???
WELL:
cuz I don't want to see you end up fibbing to your kids

kids are smart they can smell smoke.
and appantly care for you enough to say stop doing that.

NOT an easy conversation for anyone at any age to have.

YET if your out there---->

I wish you luck.
for you have been blessed with some Loving Brave children.
cherish it with good health.

VU Sponsors