HIC's 3 MILKY MUSKETEERS

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's 3 Milky Musketeers recipes: (for sweet-tooth vapers only) 3 Musketeers candy bar crossed with a Milky Way. Don't miss the variations below - not all are candy bars, but they're all very sweet.

2% FA Chocolate
1% FA Marshmallow
1% FA Caramel
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Torrone
0.5% FA Cocoa
0.25% TFA acetyl pyrazine (available here)

About your nic...You don't want peppery nic with this, so use your cleanest nic for best flavor. The higher you can go on VG, the more of that 3 Musketeers fluffy-full-mouth effect you'll get.

Steeping...not totally essential, but don't hesitate to use whatever ritual you prefer to ensure thorough mixing.

About nougat...European nougat is based on nuts and often honey. American nougat has neither, but may have vanilla, chocolate, and/or malt. Trying to make American nougat with lots of FA Torrone (which is perfect European nougat) or Inawera Nougat (uhm...no) will not work well. Notice a tiny bit of FA Torrone is here. You won't taste the almond from it; it's adding other notes. A couple flavors are combining with Marshmallow to give a little maltiness.

About the ingredients... This needs at least 0.25% Acetyl Pyrazine, but can be pushed to 0.5% for maximum sweetness. It makes several of these FA flavors candy-sweet and smooth, so it can't be omitted! Caramel can be dropped as low as 0.25% (more like 3 Musketeers) or raised as high as 2% (more like Milky Way). The remaining ingredients complete the fluffy American nougat. Don't try them by themselves, though - they need some acetylpyrazine, caramel, and chocolate to become candy-bar-like. Just to answer in advance, no, I don't think you can substitute various other brands' flavorings or skip ingredients and get the same result.

Variations...I hope you'll try the recipe above first, but then - so many possibilities! I have more to try, but these all get my thumbs-up.
All are based on the recipe above.

* Coconut Musketeers: should be a real candy bar, 3 Musketeers with a hint of creamy coconut. Reduce FA Caramel to 0.5%; add 0.5% FA Coconut, up to 1% if you really like coconut.

* Milky Mocha Way: If Milky Way made a mocha version, it would taste like this. Add 0.25% FA Espresso.

* Starbucks Milky Way: Extra sweet caramel-mochaccino... if Starbucks made a Milky Way drink, it would taste like this. Add 0.5% FA Espresso.

* Martians: The regular American Mars Bar with caramel and almonds. Add 0.5% Marzipan. (If you're British, your Mars Bars are more like an American Milky Way...odd but true.)

* Candied Tiramisu: Holy #$#@ that's a tank of sweet delicious! Add 0.5% FA Tiramisu.

* Snickering Musketeers: caution: I reached my sweet-tooth limit right here. Add 3% TFA Peanut Butter OR 2% TFA Peanut Butter plus 2% Capella Peanut Butter. This was suddenly just too sweet for me. I put it away for another day and may try one with less total flavoring. (NOTE: Peanut Butter flavors contain diacetyl/subs, so if you avoid those, avoid this variation!)

* Twix-the-3 (still in progress): For the curious, it uses FA Cookie and less of some of the nougat ingredients. By the way, Peanut Butter Twix was also tasting good, so I might return to that one, too. Please DO feel free to beat me to it while I recover from this adventure.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont know what to say. Just ...WOW. Cant wait to try these.

Did Halloween candy theiving ( from your kids) have anything to do with your candybar mixing madness ??? :D

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just mixed this up....shake and vape after a quikie microwave heat up. Scrumpdiddilyumtious Mr. Head in Clouds !!

This has passed the "three people in my house like it" test .....which is rare. My wife likes pie deserts such as Key lime or Lemon meringue.....My daughter likes chocolates of any kind but is picky as shit...... and I like the fruits. If all three like it.....and I mean REALLY like it. I give it my highest personal award.

So this one gets the "Badass Vape Award" !!! :eek::D;):)

So...if your on the fence...get off your ass.......dont wait, do not pass go, mix it now or order these exact ingredients from your favorite flavor vendor.

I mixed this at 90% VG ( I normally mix at 65% VG ) I had to make a 30 ml to go for my daughter and another 30 ml for me and the wife to split this week. :rolleyes:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude, this sounds really cool! I'll have all these ingredients in two days when my latest shipment arrives from BC so will try out soon. Milky Way is one of the only candy bars I ever liked and this is the first I've seen of it ported to vape!

Man, you're on a serious roll of awesomeness! If you lived in state, would have written you in for Senate earlier today!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I had to get back in here and tell you....this is really good. Its a smooth vape and such a full flavor. Screw custard....this is the shit right here !!

lol, thanks, man! And no diacetyl/subs here (unless you add peanut butter). Everyone reading this should keep in mind - TBall has a bigbig sweet tooth!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you seriously use super-sweet vapes all day like that? Tip o' the hat to you - my sweet tooth isn't that durable!
I don't find it super sweet myself. It's just really good.

( for those that don't know, I sometimes go 50% more and even sometimes double the flavorings on some of HIC's recipies)

Lol.... This is perfect as written to
Me.

I do have a sweet tooth though ......Your mileage may vary ... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, initially I was going to pass on this one, because it sounded a bit super sweet for me...but, obviously if it's passed the multipeople household test I'll have to try it LOL

With all these chocolate vapes I've realized I have to dedicate one Reo just to chocolate and give it a slightly higher ohm coil. Burned chocolate is totally barfy:eek:

wow HIC this look's so good, I have been on manny forums and read lots of thread, i'm new to all the diy things and sort of fell in to it to, I refuse to buy any premix liquid now,I have all those FA flavors coming in except Marshmallow and mazipan (out of stock:(), would cap Marshmallow work hear? Maybe a bit sweat but that all I have. I chose all my flavers thaks to your great, super, master flavor revues. I don't now haw you dow it but wow! so i'm loking forwers to mixing all those choco recipes. Also, just saying I find FA cookie rich and very versatile but I'm not very good at this and all the biscotti background bothers,How could I "erase" that background I dont like the spici "anise or liquoris" aftertaste,maybe steeping makes it better? I'm looking for "sweet" rich sugar butter crispy cookie taste . Any way I have to wait for choco maby more powerful than the cremes and sugar I have bean messing around with. Shires;) (hop you can read me, not to good with english)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
wow HIC this look's so good, I have been on manny forums and read lots of thread, i'm new to all the diy things and sort of fell in to it to, I refuse to buy any premix liquid now,I have all those FA flavors coming in except Marshmallow and mazipan (out of stock:(), would cap Marshmallow work hear? Maybe a bit sweat but that all I have. I chose all my flavers thaks to your great, super, master flavor revues. I don't now haw you dow it but wow! so i'm loking forwers to mixing all those choco recipes. Also, just saying I find FA cookie rich and very versatile but I'm not very good at this and all the biscotti background bothers,How could I "erase" that background I dont like the spici "anise or liquoris" aftertaste,maybe steeping makes it better? I'm looking for "sweet" rich sugar butter crispy cookie taste . Any way I have to wait for choco maby more powerful than the cremes and sugar I have bean messing around with. Shires;) (hop you can read me, not to good with english)

Marzipan isn't in the main recipe, so I guess you're going for the Martian flavor. You might try TFA Toasted Almond in place of that one.

FA Marshmallow is pretty different than other marshmallow flavors, in my opinion. It combines with some other flavors in the recipe to give a hint of malt. In my experiments, TFA Marshmallow flavors didn't do that. I don't have other marshmallow flavors to try, but if you do and you try them as substitutes, I hope you'll let us know if it worked.

FA Cookie can make LOTS of different cookies! For the ones you describe, I'd suggest getting your creamy-vanilla-sweet-stuff all mixed, then add just 1.5% or 2% FA Cookie. It does taste richer after it ages for a few days, especially if it's a main flavor in your recipe. I think you'll find that background flavor you described will be gone if you stay under 2% for Cookie. Feel free to PM me your recipe if you want some more specific ideas (I won't give away your recipe, I promise!) Meanwhile, there are lots of recipes here that use it. Try searching the recipe subforum for "Cookie" to maybe get ideas what sounds good to you.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Holy...

HIC, whats wrong with you? Like Thunderball I usually up your percentages but this is a very full flavored sweet vape. Getting that nougat with FA flavorings is really a breakthrough. If I think of that 3 Musketeers filling I am totally getting it, but I can also imagine it as a slightly malty chocolate milk. If I hadn't seen the ingredients I'd swear its already got some cookie in it. Maybe I'm crazy but something is already reminding me of coconut as well.

But really, for me this is a home run chocolate vape. With MFS nic this is way better to me than Swiss Bliss. Its balanced, complex but not confusing, and amazingly sweet for not having any sweetener or EM. Probably too sweet for ADV (@ .5% AP) but you wouldn't eat candy bars all day either.

Interested to see how steeping effects it. Hoping it doesn't gunk coils too badly, and impatiently awaiting this Twix variation.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Getting that nougat with FA flavorings is really a breakthrough. If I think of that 3 Musketeers filling I am totally getting it, but I can also imagine it as a slightly malty chocolate milk. If I hadn't seen the ingredients I'd swear its already got some cookie in it. Maybe I'm crazy but something is already reminding me of coconut as well.

But really, for me this is a home run chocolate vape. With MFS nic this is way better to me than Swiss Bliss. Its balanced, complex but not confusing, and amazingly sweet for not having any sweetener or EM. Probably too sweet for ADV (@ .5% AP) but you wouldn't eat candy bars all day either.

Interested to see how steeping effects it. Hoping it doesn't gunk coils too badly, and impatiently awaiting this Twix variation.

RyGon, I couldn't be happier to know you found a chocolate vape to enjoy! Thank you for trying it and posting back!

I'm especially happy that you taste the malt. I have isolated that part into some of Ovaltine-milkshake type vapes now, one of which is very promising. I'm using it as an excuse to drink some Ovaltine. I love that stuff!

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
RyGon, I couldn't be happier to know you found a chocolate vape to enjoy! Thank you for trying it and posting back!

I'm especially happy that you taste the malt. I have isolated that part into some of Ovaltine-milkshake type vapes now, one of which is very promising. I'm using it as an excuse to drink some Ovaltine. I love that stuff!
Yes! Ovaltine!!!!!!!! Yes! Yes!!

..I want.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Kinda want to try:
2% FA Marshmallow
1% FA Caramel
2% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Meringue
1% FA Torrone
1% FA Cocoa
0.5% TFA acetyl pyrazine

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Kinda want to try:
2% FA Marshmallow
1% FA Caramel
2% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Meringue
1% FA Torrone
1% FA Cocoa
0.5% TFA acetyl pyrazine

Go for it, RyGon! I'm knee-deep in chocolate-malt Ovaltine testers.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Go for it, RyGon! I'm knee-deep in chocolate-malt Ovaltine testers.
I was thinking it would be like vanilla malt. I see in your strawberry malt you didn't include Torrone. I figured it was a necessary component for the malt effect. Also, is Chocolate necessary for the malt effect I was thinking it was the Cocoa but you still have both in the strawberry malt?

Edit: Wow, I put 5 drops of base on this dripper to switch flavors and I'm still getting pretty full flavor from the 3 Milky Musketeers.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had to get back in here and tell you....this is really good. Its a smooth vape and such a full flavor. Screw custard....this is the shit right here !!
Thunderball, I just have a small question here on the use of certain mods/coils to vape this. I use primarily my Fuhattan mods with either my Vulcan drippers or my Taifuns, and I try to keep my coils at .9 & above for chocolates, since I've always heard you can scorch chocolates & cocoa's at higher temps. I know a few folks use the box mods, & nothing at all wrong with that, I just never got into them, & love my Fuhattans. What is your suggestion on this? And I noticed you said you used the microwave to heat it up, so how long do you reccomend that?

I'm grateful for any advice I get, I've found alot of great recipes on the VU, & try to utilize all the info I get, but sometimes I may have the occasional dumb question....

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thunderball, I just have a small question here on the use of certain mods/coils to vape this. I use primarily my Fuhattan mods with either my Vulcan drippers or my Taifuns, and I try to keep my coils at .9 & above for chocolates, since I've always heard you can scorch chocolates & cocoa's at higher temps. I know a few folks use the box mods, & nothing at all wrong with that, I just never got into them, & love my Fuhattans. What is your suggestion on this? And I noticed you said you used the microwave to heat it up, so how long do you reccomend that?

I'm grateful for any advice I get, I've found alot of great recipes on the VU, & try to utilize all the info I get, but sometimes I may have the occasional dumb question....
I don't sub ohm much anymore so can't help you there, but most if my coils are at 1.0 ohm so we are on the same page.

With chocolates, I find that I may change the cotton more often. For example, I
May change the cotton out on a Taifun or Kayfun every three days vaping 10 mls a day. With a fruit concoction I've gone well over a week without changing cotton.

I haven't changed a coil in any tanks or drippers in months.

When I mentioned microwave, I simply use it to do a "quick heat" to a brand new just mixed juice sample so when I shake it for about a minute before I vape it, them I know it's relatively well mixed.

I never wait to vape it after mixing. Especially chocolates . I do like my chocolates fresh, and are normally a bit creamier and better mixed the next day.

I will say that IN MY OPINION..... I do not normally like a chocolate that has been mixed over a week or so. They can get mighty yucky and can overwhelm all of the other nice flavors and notes that went into the original mix that I liked about the recipie in the first place.

This particular recipie, after I
Mixed it, I vaped for a day straight. I was so proud of HIC's recipie and as I do, like to make other folks vape it and watch them smile. Well, it got old after three days ( old to me) and I put it aside . I made another batch for my daughter and vaped the fresh mix again and ended up filling my own tank with the fresh mix.

So, I recon taste is in the mouth of the Vaper. Lol.

Some May like this steeped for a while , but tend to enjoy the
Newly mixed flavors with this one.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I don't think you have to go that high. I have went down to .3 with it and its been fine. More about wicking and airflow. Maybe the tank would need something higher.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, notice I really didn't answer your microwave question . I will heat an 8 ml sample for 5 seconds..... A 30 ml bottle for 10 seconds. Just enough to get the liquid very watery to shake real well and get the molecules banging around in there for the quick mix .

Last edited:

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't sub ohm much anymore so can't help you there, but most if my coils are at 1.0 ohm so we are on the same page.

With chocolates, I find that I may change the cotton more often. For example, I
May change the cotton out on a Taifun or Kayfun every three days vaping 10 mls a day. With a fruit concoction I've gone well over a week without changing cotton.

I haven't changed a coil in any tanks or drippers in months.

When I mentioned microwave, I simply use it to do a "quick heat" to a brand new just mixed juice sample so when I shake it for about a minute before I vape it, them I know it's relatively well mixed.

I never wait to vape it after mixing. Especially chocolates . I do like my chocolates fresh, and are normally a bit creamier and better mixed the next day.

I will say that IN MY OPINION..... I do not normally like a chocolate that has been mixed over a week or so. They can get mighty yucky and can overwhelm all of the other nice flavors and notes that went into the original mix that I liked about the recipie in the first place.

This particular recipie, after I
Mixed it, I vaped for a day straight. I was so proud of HIC's recipie and as I do, like to make other folks vape it and watch them smile. Well, it got old after three days ( old to me) and I put it aside . I made another batch for my daughter and vaped the fresh mix again and ended up filling my own tank with the fresh mix.

So, I recon taste is in the mouth of the Vaper. Lol.

Some May like this steeped for a while , but tend to enjoy the
Newly mixed flavors with this one.

Thanks my friend, I appreciate the advice. I've got all of the ingredients except the Acetyl Pyrazine, but I will have that today, and get busy. I just recently started using drippers, and I was really amazed at how much flavor I got from them, but they are not practical in every situation. So, I mantain my Taifuns as the go to when I'm driving. And I'm like you, I most always change my cotton out after 3-4 days, depending on how much use I've put it through.

I found that for me, cellucotton gave me the cleanest vape of anything I've used before, and ramie fiber was also a good wicking material. I don't like to taste any chemicals or odd after taste from my wicking, and cellucotton is what I stayed with. But, that like everything else, is for each individual to decide.

For me, most of the time, I stay with 3-4 flavors in my rotation, with the main one being one from a company called TotallyVapedOut.com, called Loopy. It is a serious fruity blend, reminding me ALOT of the Fruit Loops cereal. I buy this one in 240 ml's at a time....lol. My other juices come from a vendor here in Ohio, MushroomVapes, & I have been really pleased with his recipes.

But I do still like to find recipes on the VU and try them out. My wife had to give up some cabinet space for all of my flavors, and mixes, lol...

Oops, got carried away talking again....thanks for the post, hope you have a great day Thunderball...:)

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, notice I really didn't answer your microwave question . I will heat an 8 ml sample for 5 seconds..... A 30 ml bottle for 10 seconds. Just enough to get the liquid very watery to shake real well and get the molecules banging around in there for the quick mix .

new DIYer here.

are you using glass or plastic bottles when you do your microwaveing?????

expect lots of dumb questions to you all that new people just don't know or read about yet in other threads.

Thanks HeadInClouds for this sounds awesome recipe that i will try much later after I get single and double mixes down. But I can use part of this to experiment with.

Istand

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
new DIYer here.

are you using glass or plastic bottles when you do your microwaveing?????

expect lots of dumb questions to you all that new people just don't know or read about yet in other threads.

Thanks HeadInClouds for this sounds awesome recipe that i will try much later after I get single and double mixes down. But I can use part of this to experiment with.
I always used glass bottles.

ADV_search

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had to try this its my 1st chocolate mix Thanks HIC !!!!! although my sick mind had to change the name to " musky 3 way" .............i know ....wtf

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I've just mixed this up as soon as I got home from work and I'm vaping it right this second.
Lovely chocolate flavour this. Good work again HiC. The Mrs likes it a lot to which is amazing considering she's not a fan of chocolate vapes.
I followed the original recipe to the dot. I'll make a few more smaller testers with the modifications posted,and see what they're like.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well I've just mixed this up as soon as I got home from work and I'm vaping it right this second.
Lovely chocolate flavour this. Good work again HiC. The Mrs likes it a lot to which is amazing considering she's not a fan of chocolate vapes.
I followed the original recipe to the dot. I'll make a few more smaller testers with the modifications posted,and see what they're like.
What nic do you use? Regular VT, tho rat his kind, or another vendor?

Typos brought to you by: iPhone.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

The Coconut Musketeers (with just .5 coconut) was my personal favorite. That ought to be a real candy bar.

VU Sponsors