Become a Patron!

HIC's Dacquois de Citron et Fraise

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...with Paris on my mind, I had to make something French-inspired.

This is a very French dessert made with alternating layers of crisp, light-baked, almond meringues, creamy lemon custard, and fresh strawberries. It's a light vape designed around TFA's new Meringue flavor.

3% FA Strawberry (FA Juicy Strawberry if you like it sweeter!)
2% TFA Meringue
1% FA Custard
1% FA Lemon Sicily
1% FA Marzipan
1% FA Vienna Cream

TFA's new Meringue flavor tastes like the kind of meringue shown in the picture. It's almost as concentrated as FA's, but a less dark-baked flavor. (FA Meringue does NOT work well in this recipe.) Shake and vape -- and be sure to shake FA Strawberry before you use it. The marzipan-meringue is smoother as it ages, by the way.
Vive la France!
54f89e1ea4c98_-_lemon-raspberry-dacquoise-400.jpg

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...with Paris on my mind, I had to make something French-inspired.

This is a very French dessert made with alternating layers of crisp, light-baked, almond meringues, creamy lemon custard, and fresh strawberries. It's a light vape designed around TFA's new Meringue flavor.

3% FA Strawberry
2% TFA Meringue
1% FA Custard
1% FA Lemon Sicily
1% FA Marzipan
1% FA Vienna Cream

TFA's new Meringue flavor tastes like the kind of meringue shown in the picture. It's almost as concentrated as FA's, but a less dark-baked flavor. (FA Meringue does NOT work well in this recipe.) Shake and vape -- and be sure to shake FA Strawberry before you use it. Vive la France!
View attachment 33909
Looks amazing - guess I have to put in an order for the new meringue!

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG that picture looks so gooooood! I was just making up an order and thought I would take a peek on here first and I am so glad I did. TFA Meringue ordered. That never works out for me. I normally place an order then find out I need new flavors.

Many thanks HIC and a nice tribute to France.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so I'm used to only buying FA so I've become a little out of touch with the other flavoring companies. I just looked at ECX for the TFA Meringue and it came up as Signature (TFA). I'm assuming it's the same thing but why are they labeling it that way? I thought Signature was another flavoring company like Inawera.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ok, so I'm used to only buying FA so I've become a little out of touch with the other flavoring companies. I just looked at ECX for the TFA Meringue and it came up as Signature (TFA). I'm assuming it's the same thing but why are they labeling it that way? I thought Signature was another flavoring company like Inawera.

ECX's "Signature" flavors are The Flavor Apprentice flavors. I don't know why they don't just say so.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yum, yum! Hic you had me laughing! You took the challenge bahahaha! Just when I thought I had most of the flavors you use. You threw a boomerang! Well back to another order, 3 this week.:p Well I guess this makes 4.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dam I don't have TFA Meringue; I always think I have enough (more then 250) flavors but HIC always bring something new. HIC why you do this to me Thanks for sharing with us.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey HIC....can you describe the TFA Meringue in comparison to FA's? Is it as sweet as what FA's used to be (from what I've read) before it changed? I remember reading something by you that said FA's wasn't the same as it once was. I never got a chance to try the 'good' FA Meringue. The two bottles I ordered from two different places were more egg like and kind of burnt tasting.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey HIC....can you describe the TFA Meringue in comparison to FA's? Is it as sweet as what FA's used to be (from what I've read) before it changed? I remember reading something by you that said FA's wasn't the same as it once was. I never got a chance to try the 'good' FA Meringue. The two bottles I ordered from two different places were more egg like and kind of burnt tasting.

that "kind of burnt tasting" is what I don't like about FA these days, and the TFA doesn't have that. :)
If you know what I mean by "sharp note" in FA Meringue, TFA has only a tiny fraction of that.
Yes, it's sweet. Really my best description is the baked meringue discs in that image on the first post. (versus FA which I'd illustrate with a moist meringue pie that has a brown blow-torched top.) I hope that's somewhat coherent. o_O

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
:D Here I rushed an bought Fa ,just did my order ...:rolleyes:
Now must get Tfa....:(
Got to love yea with much information ,If Tfa works right then that's that I will get.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So yesterday I said to myself I was going to use my flavors until they went bad and just stop making things as necessary.....and then here comes hic to the play ground.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! I had the biggest bout of CEREBRAL FLATULENCE and went straight to ECX....could have had this by Friday, now I'll be lucky if it's here in a week! :confused::(
My humblest apologies to ECX....it seems both my ECX and BCV orders are out for delivery today. :D WAHOOOOO!!!! Look Maw, I get to make me summa that thar fancy Franch joose this evenin'!
BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :D:p:D:p

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This mix is quite delicious and I really like that meringue! I still have about 4ml of FA's original meringue that I'm hoarding, so this will be a nice substitute in some recipes....thank you!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My TFA meringue should be here tomorrow so I can give it a try. I have some recipes that would benefit with a bit more meringue without the darkness of too much FA. Thanks for the tip HIC. I'll mix this one up.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I salute you Sir HIC! Merci beaucoup! C'est extraordinaire! That's all the French I can muster up from high school! This is so wonderful exactly as written! No steep time needed! A true shake & vape!

MHatt1

Member For 4 Years
Hi HIC, speaking of French cooking, know a good baked pear flavor for Pear Tarte Tatin? Been eyeing FA's, and have used TFAs, which is more of a candy flavor.

Anyone have any recommendations?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

MHatt1

Member For 4 Years
FA Pear is super! It's a fresh pear flavor, so you need other flavors to make it taste baked.
This might be helpful: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pear-apple-frangipane-fruit-almond-torte.1830/

Thanks, HIC! I'm relatively new to the forums and can see that you've helped a lot of people. So I just wanted to say that I appreciate you and your sharing of time and knowledge, so us newbs can enjoy our vapes :) This seems like a really cool community.

As for the recipe... Oh my... This does look good. Well... add FA pear to the ever growing list then lol. I'm still missing a lot of those flavors, but in the time I have been reading these posts, have been inspired by you and others to try FA. I'm really excited about the prospects so far, and got the base ones I could see being most versatile for now:
  • 1 x Apple Pie-FA
  • 1 x Banana-FA
  • 1 x Bilberry-FA
  • 1 x Tiramisu-FA
  • 1 x Catalan Cream-FA
  • 1 x Coconut-FA
  • 1 x Cookie-FA
  • 1 x Fuji-FA
  • 1 x Black Cherry-FA
  • 1 x Honey-FA
  • 1 x Maple Syrup-FA
  • 1 x Cantaloupe-FA
  • 1 x Meringue-FA
  • 1 x Vienna Cream-FA
  • 1 x Joy - FA
  • 1 x Condensed Milk-FA
So I figured that's a good start. One thing I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around, is how concentrated they are; I'm used to mixing CAP, TFA, and FW at a total of +18% flavoring to get the taste as strong as I like. I saw in your notes you mentioned that most flavors are good to start at 3%, and most of your recipes do not go over a total of 8 or 9% flavoring. It's just a bit of a paradigm shift for me is all. At first I thought you and others just might have better taste buds than I, which a lot of people find total flavor % above a few % too strong. But I'm seeing more and more people using FA at lower percentages and that FA is just that much more concentrated than other brands? Which I'm all about, because I'd go through flavoring in a tenth of the time using another brand, saving money to buy more flavors :D

Also, do you have a general recommendation for steep times? I'm sure creams would take longer than fruits to develop, and YMMV, but if you have a general rule of thumb for FA I could use the direction there as well.

Thanks again!
-Mike

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...I saw in your notes you mentioned that most flavors are good to start at 3%.. FA is just that much more concentrated than other brands?

Also, do you have a general recommendation for steep times? I'm sure creams would take longer than fruits to develop, and YMMV, but if you have a general rule of thumb for FA I could use the direction there as well.

There are a few on your list even stronger than that: Tiramisu, Honey, Condensed Milk, and perhaps Maple. 1% of any of those is about as strong as I'd ever want. Careful especially with Tiramisu and Honey, so your first tester won't permanently blow out your taste buds. lol

I always try new recipes right after mixing, and let some leftovers sit and age a while to see how it changes. I encourage everyone to do that and decide for themselves. I'm probably in the minority; I usually prefer no steep at all. When I notice big changes, creams, bakery flavors, or tobaccos are usually involved, and most of the change with a small batch takes just a couple days. Some tobaccos can change drastically and take much longer, but I don't use a lot of those. Larger batches can take longer, but I don't mix much until I know I'll like it enough to vape it all.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed up 30mls(I trust your mixes) as I watch the world coming apart at the seams in San Bernardino on the news. I feel the Devil's on the loose.:(

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed up 30mls(I trust your mixes) as I watch the world coming apart at the seams in San Bernardino on the news. I feel the Devil's on the loose.:(
What the hell has gotten INTO people??? :eek::(

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BRAVO HIC!! I'm liking TFA Meringue. I'll have to try it mixed with a little FA Meringue to try and get a full meringue with the toasted accent.
johnny-bravo-episode-39-scoop-bravo.jpg

VU Sponsors