HIC's DENTYNE GUM (can be made 0 PG)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Dentyne Gum recipe: this is the flavor of a fresh piece of original Dentyne chewing gum - the sugared kind your mom always had in her purse.

1.5% TFA Cinnamon Red Hot
1.5% Nature's Flavors Organic Wintergreen (Lorann Wintergreen works nearly as well - same amount)

Yes, wintergreen! A bit of research shows the original 1870's Dentyne most likely used cinnamon cassia and pepsin, but pepsin was replaced with wintergreen long ago.

I've tried various cinnamon and wintergreen flavorings, and these two give me the best flavor match. Both are flavorings made without PG, so if you use an all VG base (like I do), this will be PG-free!

Be sure to shake this one extra well, but there's no need to steep it.

(want it stronger? use 2% each or 2.5% each or...)

Last edited:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This sounds really awesome!

Any suggestions for a good place to buy the NF flavorings?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This sounds really awesome!

Any suggestions for a good place to buy the NF flavorings?

I'm pretty sure mine came from High Desert Vapes. They have 3ml sample sizes 50% right now (code is 3ML), while they last. They're going to quit selling that size.

P.S. This wintergreen flavoring will also be in my pink bubblegum recipe, when I finally get around to finishing it.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure mine came from High Desert Vapes. They have 3ml sample sizes 50% right now (code is 3ML), while they last. They're going to quit selling that size.

P.S. This wintergreen flavoring will also be in my pink bubblegum recipe, when I finally get around to finishing it.
Thanks, I'll go check out HDV. And definitely waiting on that pink bubblegum thingy too!

Great deal on the 3ml flavors, BTW!

Last edited:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just an update. I'm vaping some of this now that sat (unintentionally) on the dash of the car for a couple of weeks. It's just as Dentyne-tasting at 2 weeks old as it was fresh-mixed, no flavor fade at all.
Hi HIC... Love the information you share about some of the flavorings and why you used them for a particular recipe. I'm just starting out with DIY e-juice so I have no experience with the different flavor brands, so I have a question. Would substituting -Nature's Flavors Organic Wintergreen- with TFA's Wintergreen work (using the same or adjusted %) or is there some subtle/not so subtle difference that TFA doesn't have that mimics something in the real Dentyne gum. I'm assuming you chose NF's for good reason, but I figured I'd ask since I already have TFA's. Thank you for sharing your recipe's and expertise.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi HIC... Love the information you share about some of the flavorings and why you used them for a particular recipe. I'm just starting out with DIY e-juice so I have no experience with the different flavor brands, so I have a question. Would substituting -Nature's Flavors Organic Wintergreen- with TFA's Wintergreen work (using the same or adjusted %) or is there some subtle/not so subtle difference that TFA doesn't have that mimics something in the real Dentyne gum. I'm assuming you chose NF's for good reason, but I figured I'd ask since I already have TFA's. Thank you for sharing your recipe's and expertise.

In this recipe, either wintergreen will work just fine. You'd only notice the difference if you vaped them side by side. NF is a little creamier, smoother, nicer as a standalone flavor, but TFA works, too. Same percentage, too.

By the way, if you want strong flavor, you could use as much as 3% each (twice the flavoring, that is).

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In this recipe, either wintergreen will work just fine. You'd only notice the difference if you vaped them side by side. NF is a little creamier, smoother, nicer as a standalone flavor, but TFA works, too. Same percentage, too.

By the way, if you want strong flavor, you could use as much as 3% each (twice the flavoring, that is).
Got it.....thanks :)

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I mixed a 15ml of this earlier using 2% for each flavor at 70vg/30pg it is excellent! Spot on flavor of the gum. I think I could easily go to 3% on the flavorings as I like red hot flavors. Anyway, thanks for sharing this excellent and easy to make recipe :)

VU Sponsors