Become a Patron!

HIC's SWISS BLISS (premium chocolate candy bar!)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Swiss Bliss
recipe: premium Swiss chocolate candy bar flavor - WOW!
3% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1.5-2% Acetyl Pyrazine : http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx

I can't believe someone didn't discover this earlier - acetyl pyrazine has an incredible effect on FA Cocoa and Chocolate! It adds cocoa butter richness, sweetness on the inhale, and the smoothness of chocolate melting in your mouth. FA Cocoa has always been among the best flavorings for mixing chocolate vapes, but this takes it over the top. FA Chocolate (plain) has a liqueur note that can interfere with candy flavors - but acetyl pyrazine eliminates that and merges these two FA flavorings into fantastic Swiss chocolate. Swiss chocolate is known for its high cocoa butter content, and this recipe captures that flavor perfectly. The range of 1.5-2% for acetyl pyrazine allows you vary the sweetness and cocoa butter; start with 1.5%, then edge up to your preference.

Swiss Bliss is excellent all by itself. It's also perfect for mixing into all the candy bar flavors, mixing with coffee vapes for sweet mocha, etc. If you love Swiss Bliss as much as I do, make a bottle of flavoring to use in your recipes: just label a bottle "Swiss Bliss" and put in 3ml FA Cocoa, 2ml FA Chocolate, 2ml acetyl pyrazine.

Here is a 'light' version for those who prefer less total flavoring or softer chocolate flavor:
2% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1.5% Acetyl Pyrazine

I think this is a breakthrough in chocolate vapes - please post your impressions when you try it!

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks HIC, I made the lighter version last night, was letting it sit. I'll also try the higher version. I'm using WL nic though, is that going to matter much?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks HIC, I made the lighter version last night, was letting it sit. I'll also try the higher version. I'm using WL nic though, is that going to matter much?

FA Cocoa does taste sweeter, smoother, and creamier with Vapers Tek nic (versus WL). But now that you mention it, acetyl pyrazine is also adding sweetness, smoothness, and creaminess. I think you'll be very pleased with it, even using WL nic! Please let us know what you think when you try it.

By the way, you can just add 1% Cocoa to the light version - no need to make 2 bottles if you don't want to.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's what I'm gonna do. Thanks for the input. I want this candybar! :mad:

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep...this is pretty damned good. I'm going to add some Dark Vapure to my next batch, I love the way it accentuates chocolate and darkens it. OH, yeah..it's a breakthrough lol!

Z3vapor

Member For 5 Years
This sounds like it could be Halo's Belgian Cocoa. You are going to make a fanboy very happy happy happy!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
This sounds like it could be Halo's Belgian Cocoa. You are going to make a fanboy very happy happy happy!

I'm a Belgian Cocoa fan from way back, and this Swiss Bliss makes Belgian Cocoa taste sorta nasty by comparison. I hope you'll try it!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried the lite version first, very good. Then I went for the stronger version - that is the one! Wow, so good for my sweet tooth! You got a real winner here, HIC!

Z3vapor

Member For 5 Years
What's the best place to get these flavors? I think a baccy version is sounding really good too.

memvapr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got some Hangsen's chocolate on hand, any suggestions re: % as a substitute for FA?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've got some Hangsen's chocolate on hand, any suggestions re: % as a substitute for FA?

I've got some Hangsen's on hand too, and nope. It really has to have FA Cocoa. You might get away with a different chocolate, but not cocoa.

memvapr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got the FA coca, just not the chocolate so I'm gonna use hangsen's chocolate cream just to see what develops.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC how did you even think of using AP? It's amazing - who knew!! Wow...... now my little 10ml bottle needs to be a 30ml LOL

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC how did you even think of using AP? It's amazing - who knew!! Wow...... now my little 10ml bottle needs to be a 30ml LOL

You asked and now have to read the whole reply, lol!

It started with realizing it turns creamy vanilla into cheesecake (my Homevape Cheesecake recipe). That prompted me to chase a vanilla cake flavor. I have a few failed bottles of that now. Meanwhile, I had some candy flavor in development with hazelnut and caramel. I read once that caramel + hazelnut can make peanut butter, been working on that on and off for a while. When I combined the two bottles (vanilla cake with caramel frosting? - hell no), I tasted vanilla peanut butter. A little experimenting and research, and I figured out how to use AP to turn raw hazelnut into sweet, creamy peanut butter. That was a few days ago (my Homevape Peanut Butter recipe).

Realizing AP was adding a milkfat sort of effect....I wondered what else I could add it to. @Jezabelle suggested buttermints, so I tried it with peppermint. That was a big fail - it added unwanted dark-caramely-sugar notes along with the milkfat. Well - Cocoa is dark, it likes caramel, it's not sweet enough on its own, and it needs milkfat! I experimented with different Cocoa:Chocolate:AP ratios, couldn't believe the results, and here ya go. Simple! :)

AP has been misrepresented, and we've all just accepted what we've read as undeniable truth. Well, a lot of it's wrong. AP is not a bakery effect, it's not a tobacco flavor, it's not horribly strong, and it does not make everything taste like corn chips. It's sweet, especially on the roof of your mouth during an inhale, with a caramel sort of flavor. We DIYers should think of acetyl pyrazine (as an ingredient) as caramel-sweet butter, not Fritos!

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
I just whipped this one up---very smooth--im not getting a full chocolate flavor--at least not yet. ..nice vape .. ill give it some time

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just whipped this one up---very smooth--im not getting a full chocolate flavor--at least not yet. ..nice vape .. ill give it some time

Among my local vape pals, there is difference of opinion on whether 3:2 Cocoa:Chocolate or 2:2 (or 3:3 in one case) tastes best. We don't agree on actual chocolate candy, either. Personally, I think the additional Cocoa in 3:2 tastes richer, but I like an equal split, too.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
A note regarding this recipe and your nic base!

I am using Vapers Tec nic: http://www.vaperstek.org/nicotine/
After trying this recipe with Wizard Labs nic, I can say the results of using acetyl pyrazine with Cocoa and Chocolate are not near as good as with VT nic. Acetyl pyrazine still improves those flavors, but the sweetness and smoothness I keep raving about just aren't there.

If you must use Wizard Labs nic, and you love chocolate, I recommend these recipes instead of Swiss Bliss (both excellent even with WL nic):
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-cocoa-cookies-best-chocolate-ive-ever-vaped.1871/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-girl-scout-thin-mint-cookies.1813/

If you are chasing the best chocolate vape possible, I highly recommend Swiss Bliss made with Vapers Tek nic.
If you won't/can't use VT nic, you might try Swiss Bliss with plain VG/PG (no nic) to at least sample the flavor before adding your (anything other than VT) nic.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Have you tried the recipe with Wizard Ice or RTS nic? Just curious. I would love to buy some Vapertek nic but cannot validate the purchase right now. I have to use what I have.

I never could tell a difference between RTS and WL (regular) nic. Or Heartland. I never tried Nude Nic or Wizard Ice nic. Of the nics I've used, I never noticed any difference at all, never had any complaints about any of them. But with VT nic I noticed immediately. I re-tried flavors standalone to see how different they tasted, and no single flavor was as much improved with VT nic as FlavourArt Cocoa.

I no longer use WL nic, but still have freezer full. I'm sorry I had forgotten how different some flavors are with it! Please see my notes right above your post for some suggestions, and let me know any way I can help you get the most from the nic you have! (I wish VT nic were as cheap as some others - then we'd all be happy vapers)

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC, just dropped by to say that I already had FA Chocolate so you don't need to feel bad about me going even more bankrupt :p

I'm vaping it and it's good alright! I did the 3:2 version.
From my experience, AP tend to ramp up after a few days so, I'll keep some to taste it in that time.
I'm already thinking about throwing some tobacco flavor in here, or maybe throw this into some tobacco.
What would it be?... Decisions, decisions... :)

On a side note: Haven't you done a review for FA Cookie already? I can't seem to find it. Or maybe you didn't.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, just dropped by to say that I already had FA Chocolate so you don't need to feel bad about me going even more bankrupt :p

I'm vaping it and it's good alright! I did the 3:2 version.
From my experience, AP tend to ramp up after a few days so, I'll keep some to taste it in that time.
I'm already thinking about throwing some tobacco flavor in here, or maybe throw this into some tobacco.
What would it be?... Decisions, decisions... :)

On a side note: Haven't you done a review for FA Cookie already? I can't seem to find it. Or maybe you didn't.

Glad you had it, Passunca! I hate finding a recipe to try and being short one flavoring. That's why I have so many.

You don't think it's too sweet for tobacco? My favorite addition so far is almond for Swiss-choc-almond. mmmm! I want candies to match that flavor.

I'll try to get some Cookie notes up soon. I have many descriptions to add, but my notes are widely scattered. I'd post them all right away if the 'edit' option didn't vanish so quickly. super-short description: it includes acetyl pyrazine, so careful if you include ap separately in a cookie recipe...and it's a neutral, base cookie flavor, ready for (and in need of) additions for a complete flavor.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like the suggestion of trying this one out nic-free if using anything but VT nic. I considered that. I did add caramel & brown sugar, btw. Gonna let it meld a bit. :)

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glad you had it, Passunca! I hate finding a recipe to try and being short one flavoring. That's why I have so many.

You don't think it's too sweet for tobacco? My favorite addition so far is almond for Swiss-choc-almond. mmmm! I want candies to match that flavor.

I'll try to get some Cookie notes up soon. I have many descriptions to add, but my notes are widely scattered. I'd post them all right away if the 'edit' option didn't vanish so quickly. super-short description: it includes acetyl pyrazine, so careful if you include ap separately in a cookie recipe...and it's a neutral, base cookie flavor, ready for (and in need of) additions for a complete flavor.

I have Almond, what I don't have is Hazelnut so, I'll try it Almond also.

I was thinking about Swiss Bliss Flavor at 0.5-1% in a tobacco mix, just to give that Chocolate hint to soften it those harsher ones.
It's a sticky note, not an deeply matured idea :)

What I do note is that Swiss Bliss "fries" my taste buds.
I was vaping some fruit and cookie, like a fruit tart, and then dripped some SB. When I returned to my tart, it was bitter as hell, hahaha.
That damn chocolate is sweeeeeeeeet. ;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have you tried the recipe with Wizard Ice or RTS nic? Just curious. I would love to buy some Vapertek nic but cannot validate the purchase right now. I have to use what I have.
OK, what is Wizard Ice nic? Do they have a new one?

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
Among my local vape pals, there is difference of opinion on whether 3:2 Cocoa:Chocolate or 2:2 (or 3:3 in one case) tastes best. We don't agree on actual chocolate candy, either. Personally, I think the additional Cocoa in 3:2 tastes richer, but I like an equal split, too.
Im really getting more of the AC flavor than I would like--i used 2% ==also I use nic from china--generic nic ---got a liter of WL nic in the freezer never used

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Im really getting more of the AC flavor than I would like--i used 2% ==also I use nic from china--generic nic ---got a liter of WL nic in the freezer never used

Did you try with the lower figure, 1.5%? I can go a ways past 2% before it wrecks everything - no way to know how much of that is just my sense of taste and how much various nicotine sources might influence it. I hope the lower figure can make it work for you!

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
Did you try with the lower figure, 1.5%? I can go a ways past 2% before it wrecks everything - no way to know how much of that is just my sense of taste and how much various nicotine sources might influence it. I hope the lower figure can make it work for you!
Perhaps ill try it at 1.5 the next time a make up a batch--which wont be soon as I have so many other recipes to try out--many of them yours

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds - do you recommend any particular steeping time for this recipe?

I'm not an intentional steeper, KatyLoo. I set the finished bottle capped in hot tap water a couple minutes to get it warmed and thin texture, shake the heck out of it by hand, and vape right away. I'm just not the patient type, lol! I'd expect it might be smoother after sitting a day or two, but there's no need to do that; it's very smooth immediately.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not an intentional steeper, KatyLoo. I set the finished bottle capped in hot tap water a couple minutes to get it warmed and thin texture, shake the heck out of it by hand, and vape right away. I'm just not the patient type, lol! I'd expect it might be smoother after sitting a day or two, but there's no need to do that; it's very smooth immediately.

Great, thank you! I'm looking forward to trying this.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mixed this one up using nic I got from bull city. Getting a chocolate liquor/tootsie roll flavor. Added a bit of sweet cream, fresh cream may have been better. But I feel like I have melted chocolate on the roof of my mouth after every vape

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey HIC...How old is your WL nic? I have some in the freezer that i originally started DIY back over a year ago. Just curious as this is the only nic i have used. But i have heard that the most recent nic from WL is suspect.

Really have enjoyed your posts and look to try FA as i have mostly used TFA & CAP.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey HIC...How old is your WL nic? I have some in the freezer that i originally started DIY back over a year ago. Just curious as this is the only nic i have used. But i have heard that the most recent nic from WL is suspect.
Really have enjoyed your posts and look to try FA as i have mostly used TFA & CAP.

What I have now is all 6-9 months old.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, my name is Passunca and I'm addicted to Swiss Bliss.

Made this a few weeks ago using INW Dark Chocolate which I had on hand. It's good but not really good. Ordered the FA Chocolate and will do a comparison when I get it. I'm looking forward to the trial.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Me, too! Did you decide which tobacco to add it to?
Not yet. I've been extremely busy these last weeks.
But the plan is to add Swiss Bliss as a flavor (0.5 or 1%) to a tobacco mix.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made this a few weeks ago using INW Dark Chocolate which I had on hand. It's good but not really good. Ordered the FA Chocolate and will do a comparison when I get it. I'm looking forward to the trial.

Anybody want all my INW flavors? :) What an amazing difference making HIC's original recipe using FA Chocolate as opposed to the INW Dark Chocolate. Sweet, smooth, and extremely pleasant....and I swear I detect a little peanut butter note as well. I DIY for myself and my daughter, whose favorites so far are Banana Nutbread and HIC's Cookies. I'm going to predict she is going to have a new #1 ! Thanks HIC.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Anybody want all my INW flavors? :) What an amazing difference making HIC's original recipe using FA Chocolate as opposed to the INW Dark Chocolate. Sweet, smooth, and extremely pleasant....and I swear I detect a little peanut butter note as well. I DIY for myself and my daughter, whose favorites so far are Banana Nutbread and HIC's Cookies. I'm going to predict she is going to have a new #1 ! Thanks HIC.

I'm really pleased you two like it! Thanks for giving it a try with FA flavors and your comparison with Inawera. I'm sure someone else has a great recipe for that Inawera flavor. If so, I hope they'll point you to it.

disco180

Member For 4 Years
Ok decided to mix this up been offline awhile, and this is great, I even used rts vape nic and it still had a great flavor. It left my mouth wanting almonds but this is spot on chocolate...This is a winner HIC great work!!

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok decided to mix this up been offline awhile, and this is great, I even used rts vape nic and it still had a great flavor. It left my mouth wanting almonds but this is spot on chocolate...This is a winner HIC great work!!

I added .5% FA Almond to one of my vials. Perfect addition.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just finished mixing this up a few minutes ago. Smells great so far. I will let it steep a few days. Well, if I can wait.
No need. HIC is a shake and vaper. And, IMHO it doesn't change much if at all. Vape it up! If you use VT nic, it's a creamy melt in your mouth chocolate.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have about 4mLs in my tank. (Twinkie) I had to use RTS nic in the swiss bliss.. I had to order thru ecig express because bull city was sold out on the flavors I wanted. I am making a shopping list for more flavors and plan to pick up a 30mL bottle of vapertek nic. I have a lot of nic but will sample VT soon.

After this twinkie flavor it will have the swiss bliss. I must be crazy but I love the smell of AP.
I got more of a tootsie roll flavor with WL nic. It's definitely worth the money for VT I was skeptical, but this recipe is the one that made me go, "WOW" VT DOES make a difference! Twinkie!!! Premix or DIY?! I've been trying to prefect my recipe for a while now, close but not yet to my standards...

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HIC's Swiss Bliss recipe: premium Swiss chocolate candy bar flavor - WOW!
3% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1.5-2% Acetyl Pyrazine : http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx

I can't believe someone didn't discover this earlier - acetyl pyrazine has an incredible effect on FA Cocoa and Chocolate! It adds cocoa butter richness, sweetness on the inhale, and the smoothness of chocolate melting in your mouth. FA Cocoa has always been among the best flavorings for mixing chocolate vapes, but this takes it over the top. FA Chocolate (plain) has a liqueur note that can interfere with candy flavors - but acetyl pyrazine eliminates that and merges these two FA flavorings into fantastic Swiss chocolate. Swiss chocolate is known for its high cocoa butter content, and this recipe captures that flavor perfectly. The range of 1.5-2% for acetyl pyrazine allows you vary the sweetness and cocoa butter; start with 1.5%, then edge up to your preference.

Swiss Bliss is excellent all by itself. It's also perfect for mixing into all the candy bar flavors, mixing with coffee vapes for sweet mocha, etc. If you love Swiss Bliss as much as I do, make a bottle of flavoring to use in your recipes: just label a bottle "Swiss Bliss" and put in 3ml FA Cocoa, 2ml FA Chocolate, 2ml acetyl pyrazine.

Here is a 'light' version for those who prefer less total flavoring or softer chocolate flavor:
2% FlavourArt Cocoa
2% FlavourArt Chocolate
1.5% Acetyl Pyrazine

I think this is a breakthrough in chocolate vapes - please post your impressions when you try it!
I am glad I saw your post maybe thats why my 555 concotion with chocolate fudge broa ;)wnie and Acetyl Pyrazine started tasted like caramel popcorn :)

VU Sponsors