Become a Patron!

Honeydew Bubble Tea

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, so after falling in love boba tea (also known as bubble tea or milk tea), I found a juice called Dewwy Boba. It wasn't a flavor match, but it was damn good. I set out to come up with a mix, that's not a clone, but better and closer to the real thing.

My two favorite boba teas are honeydew and almond. I have started with the melon variety.

Still a work in progress. I need to experiment with some diketone free milky flavors help get closer to the real thing.

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream(CAP) 5%
Marzipan(FA) 2%
Honeydew (TFA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 2%**

To me, this is better than Dewwy Boba, but still a notch below the real thing. As I keep playing with it and get closer, I'll update. Honeydew is strong, so don't go beyond 2% or it will be overwhelming.

For the second batch, I dropped Vienna Cream completely and doubled the Fresh to 2%. Gave it a richer creamier flavor. Honeydew at 2% is quite prominent, but mellows with a weeks steeping.

Last edited:

bthasht

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice. Sounds interesting. I'll have to give this a go if I have it all. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I found a recipe elsewhere that uses 1% gummy candy to give a sense of the bobas. Have some arriving tomorrow to try. My clone is also good, and a work in progress, but not an exact replica of the Dewwy or the real thing yet either. I do t have any marzipan; what does it do for this mix?

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Marzipan is an Italian soft cookie. It adds a bit of thickness and sweetness to it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya, I'm considering dropping the HD a bit in the next batch. I think 1-1.5 might be a better start. Still a work in progress, but a delicious one.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@sclobernocker47 , this looks delicious - thanks for posting it! I wonder, do you know whether tfa VBIC is close to the Cap variety? I've only tried the tfa. I have some other brand (Northwest, I think?) of Honeydew which isn't as powerful as tfa's, but will work here I think.

@dreadymark , you might be able to use a little fa almond in this in place of marzipan. It'll be different but probably still good.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like the idea of making it thicker and sweeter, but I don't think almond, nor the other flavor descriptions of marzipan are what I'd like nor what's in the original.
Goo g to try my next version tomorrow or Wednesday and will report my results.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Squonk the HD really mellowed after a few days of steeping. I may add a bit more Fresh Cream in the next batch, but I was pretty pleased with how the HD began to mesh at 2%

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know the feeling. I'm hoping to mix after my 3 monsters are in bed tonight.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Squonk the HD really mellowed after a few days of steeping. I may add a bit more Fresh Cream in the next batch, but I was pretty pleased with how the HD began to mesh at 2%

I finally got around to mixing this one up. The only thing I changed was lowering the TFA Honeydew to 1.5%. It smells great and I can't wait till it steeps for at least a day. Now I'm out of clean bottles, AGAIN.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you'll like it squonk. After reading through some of your recipes, I think we have pretty similar tastes.

That, and I'm pretty sure you could put just about anything into CAP VBIC and it'll turn out pretty darn good.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did make another batch last night. I kept the HD at 2% because it mellowed nicely after some steeping. I left out the Vienna Cream and added extra Fresh Cream to add some milkiness without making it any sweeter. I'll give it some deck time tonight to see how it turned out.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="sclobernocker47, post: 958222, member: 41972" I'm pretty sure you could put just about anything into CAP VBIC and it'll turn out pretty darn good.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Shove some marzipan in there and,,,,,,
kapow1.jpg

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Made some a couple nights ago and forgot! Tried a little last night and it's just ok. Similar but easily differentiated. I'd really like to get closer. Perhaps just a steep is needed, but I'll try lowering the HD and maybe more cream fresh and less Vienna cream. Those sound line good adjustments based on my quick taste.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
by no means looking to clone the Dewwy Boba brand juice. I think it's possible to get much closer to the original than they get. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting closer by the batch. I need t study a bit more on what goes in to making the real deal.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
by no means looking to clone the Dewwy Boba brand juice. I think it's possible to get much closer to the original than they get. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting closer by the batch. I need t study a bit more on what goes in to making the real deal.

I agree to some extent. I guess I'd like mine to be creamier and sweeter, like the brand name. The HD is still standing out in a way I don't care for.

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im definitely not done with this recipe. Bubble teas are a small addiction of mine that I want to work into my vaping.
I don't really taste tea at all with the ones I get, which is why I never bothered to add any tea flavoring. I do think, however, that the next time I take the kids for a bubble tea (ie an excuse for daddy to get some bubble tea), Ill quiz the nice Asian lady about whats in the few that are my go-to's so I can make a better matching vape sauce.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thinking 0.5% FA Condensed Milk might fit in here good.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
While condensed milk is the more authentic ingredient in the drink, I haven't found it to work in a vape yet.
Here's the recipe I made last night. I'm liking it, but think it will get more creamy after steeping.

EM 3%
Cream cheese icing (la) 1%
Cream fresh (fa) 2%
Green tea (fa) 1.5%
Gummy candy (tpa) .5%
Honeydew (tpa) 2%
Summer clouds (fa) .25%
Sweet mango (cap) 1%
Vanilla Tahiti (fa) 1%

I also added 2 drops of vape wizard to the 30ml bottle to tame the honeydew a little; may be accomplished by just dropping it to 1.5%.

I'm not done tweaking it yet, but I like this version best so far.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I swear I saw a mix for this somewhere. I will search for it and get back to you. It was the flavoring or something for it. Love this tea also.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Quick check found site that has it made already. But I know I found before like the flavoring to make your own. I will keep looking . http://www.ahlusion.us/e-liquids/boba-tea-detail.html

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is summer clouds? Not familiar with that one.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What is summer clouds? Not familiar with that one.

It's a new one from FA. Best description I read is a slightly fruity/floral silkiness; kind of a subtle flavor.
I'm an audio engineer, so I think of it a little differently; it gives high end, or treble to the spectrum. The creams are the low end (bass) and the honeydew fills in the hi mids. It's hard to explain how it makes sense to me, hope that didn't come across lame.
I read some good descriptions of Summer Clouds on another thread; I'd share if I had the foggiest idea where.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In addition, ^ I think the summer clouds, while hardy detectable, adds what seems like some of the delicate notes the tea might have had. FA green tea is good, but when not overdone, some of those subtleties are missing.

VU Sponsors