Become a Patron!

Hopefully I'm not alone

PrinceWizdom

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey all!

So I am a non-smoker that got into vaping. So let's just get that little snippet out of the way.

Infact i was always against smoking and smokers in general. Much of that could also be because i'm allergic to nicotine and get migraines and grainy eyes when near other smokers.

So why did I get into vaping? Well to lose weight and curb my sweet tooth.

Somewhere around the end of last year I learnt about vaping and introduced one of my friends (who was a chain smoker) in to it. However he in turn surprised me, when he gave me some very tasty juices to try. I was blown away by the tastes. After a bunch of research and purchases, I realized I despised mouth to lung hits and loved straight hardcore lung hits. Creams and cerials became my favorite juices and have lost over 25 lbs in the 3 months that I have vaping when I get my sweet cravings (Before that I struggled to lose even 2-4 pounds a month).

Other than that- i love squonking. Always prefer RDAs over tanks because no tank can ever compete with the flavor an RDA produces in my opinion and squonking gives me the flexibility of not having to constantly drip the wick myself. Best of both worlds I believe (ease and taste). Oh an my vaping frequecy is around every once in every 1-3 days, when I get a sweet craving.

Vape on I guess ;)

Peace

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Great you joined up - it matters not why you squonk :)

martin

Member For 4 Years
well done on the weight loss i gained weight through getting my sense of taste back after smoking for over 40 years their is a lot of vapers losing weight because they get their sweet cravings from the juice. good on you.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU! Good choice in forum not just for the squonking section, but because at the OTHER forum, you'd have 20 people telling you that non-smokers should NEVER vape, like it's their job to tell everyone else what to do or not do. :D

Which is just one reason there are so many refugees here. :D

Andria

PrinceWizdom

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Good choice in forum not just for the squonking section, but because at the OTHER forum, you'd have 20 people telling you that non-smokers should NEVER vape, like it's their job to tell everyone else what to do or not do. :D

Which is just one reason there are so many refugees here. :D

Andria

Haha yeah :D Actually asked around reddit and I got to know of their rather ...infamous...reputation. I can't put up with drama so here I am!

yea a adult making their own choice in life tut tut

Exactly. I think "respect my decision" has become a thing of the past. Which is why I avoid most Facebook groups as well. Most of them are pretty close minded and opinionated and has become a cancer eating up the community labelling themselves as flavor chasers and cloud chasers and all that crap. We are all in this together and if we don't unite and the industry falls, everyone is a loser.(as if we didn't have enough to deal with already, with the FDA and all)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello Prince
And welcoming to VU. I am a newbie here. Squonking, l had never heard of it so l had to look it up! (also had a little laugh at the name at this mode of vaping). Who make these names up? (rhetorical question). Very interesting, will do more reasech to see how it is better then a good RTA just for my own curiosity. l am not criticising your set up nor your choice to vape. Congratulations on the weight loss. I know what you mean the sweet taste of e juice is just sooo devine. I vape more now just because it taste soo good without or without nicotine.
All the best.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello Prince
And welcoming to VU. I am a newbie here. Squonking, l had never heard of it so l had to look it up! (also had a little laugh at the name at this mode of vaping). Who make these names up? (rhetorical question). Very interesting, will do more reasech to see how it is better then a good RTA just for my own curiosity. l am not criticising your set up nor your choice to vape. Congratulations on the weight loss. I know what you mean the sweet taste of e juice is just sooo devine. I vape more now just because it taste soo good without or without nicotine.
All the best.
I have investigated squonking/bottom feeder and l now know what they are. Yes l am laughing whilst l type this as clearly l have a juvenile inside of me!
All the best.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have investigated squonking/bottom feeder and l now know what they are. Yes l am laughing whilst l type this as clearly l have a juvenile insider of me!
All the best.

Imagine the reaction to those of us who claim to be "tootle puffers." :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If l had not looked up what this means. I would have said "Lucy J you dirty bird":slowclap:,lol
Take care

Hey, squonking is a wholesome activity and way better than dripping (now there's a term for you)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey, squonking is a wholesome activity and way better than dripping (now there's term for you)
lol, l am familiar with the term "wholesome activity" and practice it quite frequently by top feeding my tank and having a good tootle puff.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some refer to MTL vapers as tootle puffers. It was meant as an insult but many of us embraced the term tootle puffer, lol

I never had a problem with "tootle puffer" but I know a lot did... that's why I didn't use that term in the name of the thread I started; didn't wanna alienate folks right off the bat! :D Plus... this AIN'T ECF... thank all that's holy!! :D

Seems to me that the only real problem with "tootle puffer" though is that some folks can't read lower-case L's, and see "tootie puffer" instead. :facepalm:

Andria

PrinceWizdom

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello Prince
All the best.

Thanks mate! Hey we all learn something new everyday! You can check out the new Avocado rda too. Its an rda with a mini tank that feeds the drips from the bottom of squonking is not your thing.

Hello and welcome to VU !!!

Thanks mate! Appreciate it!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks mate! Hey we all learn something new everyday! You can check out the new Avocado rda too. Its an rda with a mini tank that feeds the drips from the bottom of squonking is not your thing.

Thanks mate! Appreciate it!
I am just getting use to feeding my tank from the top,lol. So squonking (trying not to laugh at the name) is not for me right now, but never say never.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I never had a problem with "tootle puffer" but I know a lot did... that's why I didn't use that term in the name of the thread I started; didn't wanna alienate folks right off the bat! :D Plus... this AIN'T ECF... thank all that's holy!! :D

Seems to me that the only real problem with "tootle puffer" though is that some folks can't read lower-case L's, and see "tootie puffer" instead. :facepalm:

Andria
So it may not be PC to use the term tootle puffer or should l say TP under the circumstances. Shame as l rather like it, it sounds rather posh to me. I can imagine the Queen saying" l am just going to take the corgis for a walk and have a tootle puff,come along Kate"lol. Is tootie puffer really bad? Yes or no answer will be OK. Glad l did not join the dark side A.K.A ECF!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So it may not be PC to use the term tootle puffer or should l say TP under the circumstances. Shame as l rather like it, it sounds rather posh to me. I can imagine the Queen saying" l am just going to take the corgis for a walk and have a tootle puff,come along Kate"lol. Is tootie puffer really bad? Yes or no answer will be OK. Glad l did not join the dark side A.K.A ECF!

To me, "tootie puffer" sounds like a fart smeller, or maybe bike-seat-sniffer... which may be the reason so many dislike the term, if they can't read properly. ;)

You can use the term if you like, many of us do! But I started a thread recently for those of us who like a tight-draw MtL style of vaping, and I really didn't wanna hear a lot more bitching about "tootie puffer" when it's really TOOTLE puffer. ;) It may be a cliche, but... READING MATTERS. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I like the term tootle puffer - not everything from ECF was evil - just mainly though :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Glad l did not join the dark side A.K.A ECF!

Well, I won't lie, I started out there almost 2 1/2 yrs ago, and learned a TON, made a LOT of friends in the process, and basically changed my life. But the admin there are a bunch of PC nervous nellies who's rather purse their lips than EVER admit they're wrong about ANYTHING, and are doing a great job of alienating some of their most contributory members. Also, a whole lot of annoying tattletales who run and report any little thing they don't like, causing those contributory members to be suspended or banned for non-existent offenses.

A lot of us had a similar experience with ECF -- even the guy who started VU! -- and have wound up here instead, because we value freedom of speech more than political correctness or acting like good little kindergartners. I'm 55, not 5. ;)

Andria

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To me, "tootie puffer" sounds like a fart smeller, or maybe bike-seat-sniffer... which may be the reason so many dislike the term, if they can't read properly. ;)

You can use the term if you like, many of us do! But I started a thread recently for those of us who like a tight-draw MtL style of vaping, and I really didn't wanna hear a lot more bitching about "tootie puffer" when it's really TOOTLE puffer. ;) It may be a cliche, but... READING MATTERS. :D

Andria
Oh l see. I like a tight draw too, the lung thing too much for me!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I won't lie, I started out there almost 2 1/2 yrs ago, and learned a TON, made a LOT of friends in the process, and basically changed my life. But the admin there are a bunch of PC nervous nellies who's rather purse their lips than EVER admit they're wrong about ANYTHING, and are doing a great job of alienating some of their most contributory members. Also, a whole lot of annoying tattletales who run and report any little thing they don't like, causing those contributory members to be suspended or banned for non-existent offenses.

A lot of us had a similar experience with ECF -- even the guy who started VU! -- and have wound up here instead, because we value freedom of speech more than political correctness or acting like good little kindergartners. I'm 55, not 5. ;)

Andria
Well a lot of ECF refugees are here so clearly something is/was wrong with that site.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh l see. I like a tight draw too, the lung thing too much for me!

Same here; the couple of times I've taken a direct-lung hit, it nearly killed me, 15 minute coughing spell. :D Plus, the only thing I've ever used direct-lung hits for, isn't allowed to be mentioned here, and even that, I had to stop lung-hitting in recent years, it was just killing my asthma. And last but not least... I'm giving up smoking, not huffing. :D I never huffed cigarettes, so why would I wanna huff my vape? :rolleyes:

Andria

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Same here; the couple of times I've taken a direct-lung hit, it nearly killed me, 15 minute coughing spell. :D Plus, the only thing I've ever used direct-lung hits for, isn't allowed to be mentioned here, and even that, I had to stop lung-hitting in recent years, it was just killing my asthma. And last but not least... I'm giving up smoking, not huffing. :D I never huffed cigarettes, so why would I wanna huff my vape? :rolleyes:

Andria
Well said!:):) The direct lung method almost blow by lungs out too!

VU Sponsors