Become a Patron!

HorizonTech Arco 2

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Arco 2 by HorizonTech. The Arco 2 was supplied by James from the Healthcabin for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/horizon-arco...16371.html

In the Box

Contents:

Arco 2 tank
T6 coil installed
Spare T6 coil
Resin drip tip
Delrin drip tip
510 adaptor
Spare glass
2 Sets of spare o-rings
Instruction leaflet

Before starting this review i have the Arco which i bought 2 months ago and like many other people really loved the clean flavour the tank produced. The Arco did however have minor issues to some people hence the release of the Arco 2.

Aesthetics

On opening the nice packaging everything is on one level so you can see exactly what you've got. I received the black version which comes with a black resin drip tip and black coloured glass. 3 of the colours available come with coloured glass and the other 3 come with plain glass (also 3 come with plain resin drip tips the others with patterned). The coloured glass has a large juice drop shape front and rear in clear glass so you can clearly see your juice level. If you read my reviews you will know that although i like tanks with coloured glass; i always have issue if the spare is coloured also, as people should have the choice. I am pleased that despite clearly being able to see your juice level the coloured glass versions do come with a clear spare glass so a big thumbs up to HorizonTech for that. The first issue with the Arco is it has a bespoke size drip tip which fitted over a sleeve so you were stuck with the one supplied, despite the drip tip still being bespoke, the Arco 2 doesn't have the sleeve which allows for a 510 adaptor (supplied) so you can fit your favourite 510. The textured airflow ring has 2 large cyclops with stoppers, and the top cap has HorizonTech printed on the front and Arco 2 logo on the rear with further texturing for grip on the sides. It's a nice looking tank in both coloured and clear glass versions.

Specs:

5ml Copacity
25mm diameter
Easy top fill
3 layer wicking, Flax paper, Cotton, Flax Cotton
Vacuumed plated coloured glass
T6 Coil 0.2 (80w - 90w)
Stainless Steel Construction
Colours: Black, Red, Blue, Green, SS, Rainbow

Assembling, Priming, and Filling the Tank

The tank can be disassembled into it's various parts very easily and reassembling it is just as simple, it's no bother at all. Priming the coil takes a bit of patience as the Flax paper used absorbs a lot of liquid and it takes a good 1ml of juice to fully saturate the wicking material. Once you have the coil fully saturated it screws into the base and it's time to fill the tank. One of the features of the Arco was the easy top fill, achieved by simply turning the top to reveal fill slots on the top of the tank (no need to remove the top cap). However some peope found it could be messy (i loved the system personally), so HorizonTech have addressed this by going for a more standard screw off top cap method while still trying to keep a quick fill system. The quickness has been achieved by the fact you only need to turn the top cap slightly, (about half a turn) for the top cap to come off, this sounds a bit flimsy yet it screws back into place very securely.

Performance

This is what it's all about with the Arco 2 and those Flax paper coils. The Flax has no taste and takes a lot more heat before having any chance of singeing, so the coils gives the Arco a pure clean taste, far superior to any other sub-ohm coils i have tried. The break in period on the coils are practically zero, and the new T6 coils for the Arco 2 have improved this even further. HorizonTech say 10 to 20 puffs to have them fully broken in and achieving optimal flavour, but i didn't notice any break in period. The A6 and A4 coils that were available for the Arco are also compatible with the Arco 2 and when taking into account all 3 coils, the overall wattage range is 70w - 90w, i can only assume the flax has a narrow wattage range to get the best out of them (but that is an assumption). I used the Arco 2 with the supplied T6 coil and the flavour was excellent (i used it at 85w). By choice i normally vape at between 30w - 60w but i could vape with either of the Arco range all day, as i don't feel i'm at the said wattage due to the smoothness. The other thing I've noticed with the flax coils is the optimal flavour stays for a long time, the only other coils i have used where you keep the optimal flavour for a very long period is the JoyeTech Procore coils but the flax coils are far more superior in flavour. Normally i like to have an RBA option to do my own builds but as this tank is all about the amazing Flax coils it would seem a bit pointless.

Use of Flax Paper coils
Excellent Flavour
Smooth Vape
Barely any Break in Period
Quick Top Fill
Coloured or Clear Glass Option
Can Use Own 510
5ml Capacity
Good Cloud Production

Dislikes

If possible with the use of Flax paper, i would like to see more coil options at various wattage levels.

Conclusion

In my opinion the best stock coil Sub-Ohm tank for flavour.

I would once again like to thank James from the Healthcabin for supplying the Arco 2 for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/horizon-arco...16371.html

VU Sponsors