Become a Patron!

Horizontech Falcon Sub-Ohm Tank 7ml

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Falcon Sub-Ohm Tank 7ml (metal edition) from Horizontech. The Horizon Falcon Sub-Ohm Tank 7ml was supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-horizo...13496.html

Introduction

Sub-ohm tanks really had started to lose popularity with many who used them switching exclusively to RTA's and RDA's until 2018 when they have bounced back mainly due to the knockout flavour you can get from a mesh coil. The Falcon to the best of my knowledge started the acceleration of this fightback after Freemax had started it. On it's release it was greeted like a real champion of sub-ohm tanks with it's use of different wicking materials that give clean flavour and longevity and is still the tank that 2018 sub-ohm tanks are compared to, making it a very modern benchmark. Their are now other very good sub-ohm tanks out there as well as the Falcon and Freemax, both the Alpha and Bulldog i rate highly but would they exist if it wasn't for the Falcon? well probably but even though i'm late in the day it's still worth having a look!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

1 x HorizonTech Falcon Tank
1 x 0.2ohm F1 Falcon Coil
1 x 0.15ohm M1 Mesh Falcon Coil
1 x 5ml Spare Glass Tube
1 x Set of O-Rings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics

The Falcon comes in clear plastic octagonal presentation casing with all the included items in the bottom section and then the Falcon with pre-installed Resin 510 wide bore drip tip, M1 mesh coil and 7ml bubble glass standing on a little stand occupying the top section of the casing proudly. I received the Gunmetal Version, the Falcon metal edition which i received is also available in Carbon Black, Stainless Steel, Rainbow, Black, Green, Red, Blue, Pearl White, Brushed Bronze, Rose Gold, Purple and Orange. As mentioned the Falcon comes with installed wide bore Resin drip tip which tapers inwards towards the tip. The top-cap has machined heavy textured design which is excellently machined, the cap tapers outwards so is wider at the top than where it screws on to the tank. The base tapers outwards to the control ring then back inwards towards the very bottom of the tank, looking at the base it is featureless and has a gold plated 510. The air control ring has tri slots with stopper and heavy textured design that matches the top cap. Going back to the top-cap we have "HORIZONTECH" printed one side and "Falcon" (in very old style font) the other. The way the top tapers outwards and the in and out tapering at the bottom gives the Falcon in my opinion a very aesthetically pleasing shape and is also a shape that (again just my opinion) suits the bubble glass. Build quality wise the Falcon is one of the best made tanks i have received, no complaints whatsoever.

Falcon Specs and Features:

Horizon Falcon Sub-Ohm Tank features a luxurious chassis design with triple bottom airflow system
Adopting a new coil technology with innovative flax and wood pulp materials
25.2mm Base Diameter
24mm Glass Diameter
7ml Maximum Juice Capacity
Superior Stainless Steel Construction
Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
Bottom Airflow Control - Triple Slotted Design
Horizon Falcon Coil Technology
0.2ohm F1 Coil:- 30% Wood Pulp & 70% Cotton - rated for 80W (Included)
0.2ohm F2 Coil: - Natural Flax Fiber - rated for 80W (Not Included)
0.2ohm F3 Coil: - Flax Fiber & Flax Paper - rated for 70W (Not Included)
0.15ohm M1 Mesh Coil: - Mesh Design with Wood Pulp & Cotton - rated for 70W (Included)
Sloped Resin Widebore Drip Tip
Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Colours: Carbon Black, Gunmetal, Stainless Steel, Rainbow, Black, Green, Red, Blue, Pearl White, Brushed Bronze, Rose Gold, Purple, Orange

It's Various Parts

The tank it'self is pretty much like any other sub-ohm tank when it comes to it's various parts and how it all goes together. It comprises of a Resin wide bore 510 drip tip (a spare delrin drip tip is included), then a top-cap which is just a half turn and it's off but fits very securely and the small amount of threading is top quality. We then have the juice port section with attached air pipe, this has a solid metal service with 2 generous size kidney shaped fill ports. The base unscrews which actually unscrews the top of the coil head from the air pipe, the coil head screws into the base. Looking at the picture of the exploded view it looks like the base separates so the air control ring with tri cyclops slots with stopper can be removed but it seems one solid piece to me and gave up trying to remove the control ring. The glass is secured top and bottom with O-rings (you have the choice of the pre-installed 7ml bubble glass or the included 5ml straight glass) and can be easily removed. The tank goes back together again with ease and i can't emphasise enough how nice all the machining is and tolerances are spot on.

Coil Heads

The Falcon comes pre-installed with the M1 mesh coil which uses a mixture of 70% Organic Cotton and 30% Wood Pulp for it's wicking material. The coils resistance is 0.15ohm with a 0.03 variant and is recommended at between 60w and 80w.
The other coil that is included with the falcon is the F1 Nichrome parallel coil which again uses a mix of 70% Organic Cotton and 30% Wood Pulp for it's wicking material. This coils resistance is 0.2ohm and is recommended between 70w and 90w.
Their are two other coils available both of which are Nichrome parallel coils with a resistance of 0.2ohm. The F2 uses Flax Paper for it's wicking material and is recommended between 70w and 90w. The F3 uses a mix of Flax Fiber and Flax Paper for it's wicking material and is recommended between 60w and 80w.

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Background

Unless i am maybe struggling with wicking with an RTA or something like that i don't watch or read reviews of items i receive or think i may receive in the future for review as i just feel with all the best will in the world subconsciously it could cloud my judgement. It's the same reason why when i have been offered money to do a review or asked if i charge (it's not the usual but it does happen) i always with no hesitation turn it down as it seems a conflict of interests. However the Falcon i didn't think i would be reviewing as it's a good while since it's release and had heard nothing but good things so of course watched many a Youtube review. I must say all the reviewers were singing from the same hymn book which did wet my appetite when i was asked to review it. I have been driving Pearl round the bend because i have had this a long time using it a lot while looking at other products but after the fifth where is the review? i believe i can give a judgement call on the longevity of the coils which is what has been holding this review up because i will be singing the same hymn as the other reviewers but really wanted to give both supplied coils many hours of use.

My Experience With The Falcon

As explained in the last section i have used both supplied coils and a lot over a long period of time all be it not constantly as i am always testing other items. The mesh coil for me was best at 70w with airflow at two thirds which gave me a very smooth restricted lung hit and the flavour was up there with the best mesh coils. The flavour the mesh coil gives is as good but not superior to a lot of other very good mesh coils but where it shines is both ends, no break in time whatsoever despite plenty of wicking material being in the heads and yes i am happy to endorse the longevity claims as the flavour is still as good now as when i first started using the coil. The F1 parallel coil really surprised me has it almost matches the mesh coil for flavour and apart from finding this coil best at 75w my experience mirrored the mesh coil, very impressed. You will get sub-ohm tanks with more airflow but the Falcon for me had plenty and is a flavour tank i think they got it just right allowing to reduce it for more restriction, as mentioned two thirds open was spot on for me. The cloud production with the Falcon is also impressive and of course with the airflow wide open this increases further, the airflow control ring moves smoothly not loose but not over tight. The only other thing to mention is although the Falcon isn't a noisy tank it isn't quiet either so their are quieter tanks out their apart from that i really can't thing of anything negative apart from avoid if you are on a juice budget, the falcon doesn't stop for breath, wow it's thirsty!

Aesthetically pleasing
Very good build quality
Machining, threading and tolerances spot on
Impressed by smooth airflow
Innovative wicking materials
Very good flavour from coils
Impressive cloud production
No break in time
Coils have impressive longevity
7ml capacity (bubble glass)
5ml straight glass included
Resin and delrin wide bore 510 drip tips
Falcon comes in clear presentation octagonal casing on atty stand

Cons

No lower wattage coil options
While not particularly noisy you will find quieter tanks
No 810 drip-tip option
Very, very thirsty!
Not a TPD version

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Horizontech Falcon Sub-Ohm Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-horizo...13496.html

VU Sponsors