Become a Patron!

House of Cavendish by RyGon

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lords and ladies, if you would join me in the the parlor for a snifter of brandy and a calabash of our fine cherry cavendish tobacco. Well actually its BYOB (bring your own brandy) but intellectual conversations and pampered luxury are on the house.

This is a dark, fermented tobacco, sugar dipped and drown in black cherry juice. Bourbon vanilla, peppery spice and maybe a hint of anise bring complexity to this smooth tobacco blend.

3 parts (FA) Black Cherry
2 parts (FA) Maxx Blend
2 parts (FA) Vanilla Bourbon
1 part (FA) Perique Black
1 part (FA) Caramel

I write my recipes in parts, please customize flavor density to your preference. I enjoy it at 3/2/2/1/1%.

Spicier and bolder cherry when fresh but I suggest a little steeping for more better awesomeness.

edit: Ok, I finally went ahead and did a 8 hour crock pot steep and the flavor changes quite a bit. I'm having a hard time pinning it down but what I believe is happening is the Perique Black is maturing into an umami kinda mushroomy flavor. I was trying to figure out what was going on and after reading reviews of real perique pipe tobacco many described a mushroom flavor. For me I think shake and vape is a bit too peppery and a long crock pot or probably like a month long cabinet steep is getting mushroomy. It's not bad but for me, just a two day steep is my preference. I get fairly mild pepper that balances well with all the sweet and fruity notes. If you want less peppery I think with more steeping it will become less and less peppery as time goes on but at some point you will start to get this umami taste in the nose. The cherry seems to hold up for me after a rest from the crock pot.

Last edited:

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks interesting, for fresh you mean just shake it and vape it? Or how long do you think this should steep?
:)

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Looks interesting, for fresh you mean just shake it and vape it? Or how long do you think this should steep?
:)
Yes, shake and vape will be stronger cherry and spicier tobacco. I like it after just a couple days. Haven't tried any longer yet.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like me some more better awesomeness in my liquid. I guess I'll need maxx. I tried several variations on cherry baccy, but never got it right. I'll give this a shot.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like me some more better awesomeness in my liquid. I guess I'll need maxx. I tried several variations on cherry baccy, but never got it right. I'll give this a shot.
Maxx is useful for mixing. I think its the sweetest tobacco I have and also very smooth and mild. So in this case it has a really good effect next to the Perique Black. I believe with real pipe tobacco they usually mix Perique with Virginia or Burley but the cherry cavendish I was going for is so sweetened that it would need EM or something. So if you wanted you might be able to sub Virginia or Burley but it would end up less sweet which might not be a bad thing if thats what you want. The real star is the Perique Black. As for the cherry I think you have to use a pretty good amount of a dark cherry to stand up to the tobacco but then it needs the vanilla and caramel to help it blend. Thats how I came at it and I'd bet some version of this recipe could get you to the cherry tobacco you are looking for.

Last edited:

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Old recipe, but wondering how well subbing FA Apple and/or FA Apple Fuji for the Cherry would work. A friend of mine wants me to make him an apple pipe tobacco. I did a small mix using INW Vanilla Pipe (my first test of that flavor), but I'm not getting much of a pipe tobacco flavor at all (just a shake and vape).

VU Sponsors