Become a Patron!

How can I get more flavor from the V8 Baby Beast coils?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just installed the baby beast coil in my Vaporesso tank. The flavor is ok. Nowhere near the flavor the GT coil gives which is a nichrome. I've tried closing the air hole. It's gotten a little better but not by much. The coil range is 20W-50W and I'm currently at 48W. Is it possible to go past the wattage range or would it burn?

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Smok sets there recommendations already higher than what they should be, making you buy coils more often because they burn easily :D

Smok coils are also extremely packed with cotton, that means these have to kinda "soak" before they are actually broken in, and the only way to accomplish that is using them at much lower wattage to prevent burning out. So let's say prime them correctly and poke holes in them, then stay at around 35-38 watt, take shorter hits and let sit for 10-25 minutes throughout the day, you can still use it but its about 2 days till you actually get better/intenser flavor and can increase the wattage after that. Do keep in mind tho its premade coils, if you assuming to get outstanding spot on flavor you would have to change your equipment in general. Regardless if smok or any other brand/manufacturer factory coils will always be limited to an extend.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oops. I just installed it and started a little low. About 35W. Saw almost no flavor so went up to 40W, then 48. I'm getting the best flavor from it at 50W. So in about 2 days I'll get better flavor at a lower wattage?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, going into the second day, the flavor is much better. But I am getting some harsh flavors on the exhale. Still good flavor, but with an added harshness. I tried to look down the chimney and don't see any burn spots. Should I try another coil and try properly priming it? Is it because its a 0.6ohm coil?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I assumed that its a single coil so it would have good airflow. Currently I'm at full open air flow but it feels restricted. I have to pull a significant amount. Are any of the other coils better with flavor and airflow?

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My man , the problem is the tank itself . look around here for further advise , the Beasts were not really flavor chasers , more like cloud crowd friendly . No insult meant .

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
My man , the problem is the tank itself . look around here for further advise , the Beasts were not really flavor chasers , more like cloud crowd friendly . No insult meant .

Agreed. The flavour is decent but they're mostly just for clouds. I love smok tanks when I just want to have fun with clouds but for my daily go-to's I always go with my tanks that are meant for flavour.

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
hmm but he said he is using the baby beast coil with a vaporesso tank..
i think the issue is the coils for sure. I started with these but on several beast and baby tanks, and i burned through so many coils not priming them enough. I stuck with them for many months until i decided to try other tanks and pre-wrapped. What a difference in the amount of flavor.

VU Sponsors