Become a Patron!

How do i change the ohms on my kanger topbox mini

New to vaping so when I first got my vape the guy at the shop set it up for when took the tank off it asked me if I had a new tank on and I said yes now I have no idea how to change the ohms back to what they were when I first got my vape FYI still using the same coil and tank

BeckyS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The mod will read whatever ohms you have in your atomizer (tank). You don't change that on the mod itself. You change the ohms with different coils/coil builds. Whenever you take the tank off, it will ask if it's a new coil/tank or old. Just answer by hitting the up or down button (for yes or no) and the ohms will display on the screen.

Edit: Be sure you're not using the nickel coil in wattage mode. It should only be used in temperature mode. Check the display to see what type of coil is installed in your tank. 3 clicks of the fire button will switch between wattage and temperature mode.

bigshog90

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unscrew mod hit fire them it will read 9.99 or something then screw back in and will ask New or old

Sent from my LG-UK495 using Tapatalk

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New to vaping so when I first got my vape the guy at the shop set it up for when took the tank off it asked me if I had a new tank on and I said yes now I have no idea how to change the ohms back to what they were when I first got my vape FYI still using the same coil and tank

First... tell us which mod you are using, most likely several people have it as well and can give specific advise. But as a new vaper, you should read the manual as well.
eta: oops... TopBox... don't have one of those myself.

If the mod asks "New/Same"... you're in one of the Temperature Control (TC) modes. You should only use TC-able wire in TC modes... and use the correct mode.
Conversely... you should never use most TC wire in Wattage mode. Stainless Steel (SS) is a common exception... it's "dual use".

TC works by setting a register with the "room temp" resistance value (whether you "lock" the res or not). If you answer "New" with a warm tank which you just refilled... the TC calculations will be off. You'll need to allow it to cool for a bit, 15-20 minutes maybe, then put the tank back on and answer "New" if the mod asks. This will "repopulate" the register with the proper room temp resistance value. And you're off to the races. ;)

If nothing else... you MUST remove the installed coil head and determine what the coil wire material is. If you see Ni (Nickel), Ti (Titanium) or SS (Stainless) etched on the body you know it's of that material and which "mode" to use. If it has none of those, it is probably Kanthal or NiChrome wire and should only be used in Wattage mode.

Last... I'm going to "tag" a couple of mods (@Whiskey @Huckleberried ) and ask them to move this thread to a section where you'll get more eyeballs and specific answers to any questions you have. :p

Last edited:

BeckyS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unscrew mod hit fire them it will read 9.99 or something then screw back in and will ask New or old

Sent from my LG-UK495 using Tapatalk
Yes! ^^^^
When I first got mine it was stuck on one resistance no matter what coil I had in. I had to take the tank off, hit the fire button, put the tank bank on, fire, then it asked if new coil or not. Pressed up wattage button for yes and I got the new reading. Very frustrating at first when no matter what coil I had in, it read the same resistance.

VU Sponsors