Become a Patron!

How do I get a pull?

So I just went and bought myself a "imin ll" by RoHS, from a headshop,
The thing comes with no manual, or instructions.
It seems to use the standard 5-clicks on/off. 3-clicks to change temperature settings, and 2-clicks to "preheat".
Now, I've tried every temperature (green - low. blue - med. red - high).
When I 2-click it, the little LED light doesn't turn on even when I press the button, but after a few seconds it blinks white a few times. And after that when I go to try and take a pull; assuming you have to hold down the button, it just blinks 3 times with a spectrum of all the LED lights (red, white, blue, green).
Am I doing something wrong? Or is it just a faulty battery? I did let it charge for a good 20 or so minutes before-hand.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not familiar with the items your talking about....but I'm sure someone will help.

Welcome aboard......:vino:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
RoHS is a compliance thing. Couldn't find anything on google as far as "imin li" Can you post a pic of your ecig?

I decided to open up the "imini" and well, I think I found the problem.

Any insight on where this loose wire should be connected?
or suggestions as to where I may find an answer?

Attachments

• wheredoesthewirego.jpg
    wheredoesthewirego.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 24

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's possible they might not take it back, since it was opened up, but it's certainly worth a shot. If you have a vape shop in town, I'd suggest going there, or order something online.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I decided to open up the "imini" and well, I think I found the problem.

Any insight on where this loose wire should be connected?
or suggestions as to where I may find an answer?

Looks like a negative battery wire. Look for a contact with solder missing a wire. If you do not have the skills to solder or troubleshoot this, you may need to cut your losses and acquire a new setup. Better safe than sorry. These mods are cheap, not worth hurting yourself over a $20 mod.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, given what I saw as "value" for the abortion, I'd never recommend "fix it".

Almost anything is an improvement - a return would be ideal.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Should have brought it back before you ever opened it IMHO. Now you must rely on how stoned the guys at the head shop are when you go back. In the future maybe rethink where you buy gear from..................

VU Sponsors