Become a Patron!

How do you price stuff to sell when you have no idea

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I quit vaping about two years ago and want to sell my stuff, mods and tanks mainly with a few RDAs. How do I price it if I have no idea about pricing? Everything works great.

I also have a freezer full of nicotine I moved to opaque bottles. Do I just call poison control or what? I dont know what to do with it.

Thanks

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No idea about the nicotine and such, but for the mods/tanks/etc I would look up what the current cost to buy one online is, take a percentage off since they're used, and take more off for scratches and such. The only time I'd do this differently is if you had a collector's item of a sort, say a fancy mod that they only made a few of or something.

I've never sold any vape stuff though, so take this with a grain of salt.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I quit vaping about two years ago and want to sell my stuff, mods and tanks mainly with a few RDAs. How do I price it if I have no idea about pricing? Everything works great.

I also have a freezer full of nicotine I moved to opaque bottles. Do I just call poison control or what? I dont know what to do with it.

Thanks
I go to VapeCrawler.com, look up the item in question, and ask roughly 60% - 80% of current retail factoring in condition, age, and availability.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some stuff may not be made any longer so if I cant justify postage I guess I'll keep it. Not worth selling for 8 and mailing for 6.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always price things based upon these criteria.

Original cost, minus condition, then what I feel as an acceptable return.

If it sells fast either one of a few things are true...

It was priced perfectly for said buyer

It was undervalued and price was a steal

It was exactly what the buyer wanted at an acceptable price.

Now if you have hard to obtain or exclusive items or the previous and discontinued, then the metric is what you’d want in return only.

What ya got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Thanks

Is there no one here at the forum close to where you live, who could use that nic? Man that makes me feel a little sick to think of you just dumping a freezer full of it!

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yea you can get something for that nicotine, it’s been stored right, and someone has to need and be close. If that fails nicotine is a good insecticide so keep it for that.

VU Sponsors