Become a Patron!

How I started vaping

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a long time smoker, 25 years and about 2 pks/day. I really enjoyed smoking, but concerns of the smell, costs and health aspect of it, got me to consider quitting. I had never tried quitting before, so I was skeptical that vaping would be able to replace that urge, but got positive feedback from other former smokers.

I educated myself online about the basics, reading articles and watching videos. I finally went to a local vape shop and they were incredibly helpful. It seemed promising, it was fun trying different flavors and such. The whole time I was at their tasting counter, there was a couple next to me and I kept thinking the dude looked really familiar, but couldn't quite place him. It finally clicked, it was an old friend I hadn't seen in over 25 years when his family moved. Our families had been close, but just lost touch over the years. He introduced his wife and we sat there talking and vaping for a couple hours. I figured that was a good omen to start my vaping journey.

I was off cigarettes about a week after I started vaping, I was very surprised how easy it was to make the transition.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Glad that vaping has gotten you off the smokes and reunited with old friends.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! Congrats on quitting and keep up the good work!

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Awesome story congratulations on getting off the smokes there are lots of helpful people around here so you're in the right place

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bama88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool story, I'm glad you quit. Doesn't it feel so impoweing to lay those damn cancer stick down? You smell good, taste things, and breathe better, it's amazing how our bodies heal

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

VU Sponsors