Become a Patron!

How is the best way to glow N80 coils ?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i bought an atomizer a while back that had a pair of 3 mm N80 coils packed with it. I’m wondering how hot to glow them when I clean em. I normally use SS316 but I thought I’d try these out since they’re the only 3 mm coils I’ve got right now.

Any help will be much appreciated.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i bought an atomizer a while back that had a pair of 3 mm N80 coils packed with it. I’m wondering how hot to glow them when I clean em. I normally use SS316 but I thought I’d try these out since they’re the only 3 mm coils I’ve got right now.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I've read that you don't want to burn Ni80 at all. But it's best to ask people who make a living with the stuff. I'd go to someplace like Advanced Vapes and ask them.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you ask Mike Vapes and Vaping with Vic, they'd tell you to dry burn them at 60W until the coil is completely black. Maybe they wouldn't say that but I've watched both of them do something similar recently.

I try to not glow them too much. I just lightly pulse until they're heating proper.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My problem is with cleaning. I’m using some juice that gunks coils really bad and I wondered how hot to burn em while de-bunking.

My problem is with cleaning. I’m using some juice that gunks coils really bad and I wondered how hot to burn em while de-bunking.

I use almost only Ni80 and I've just pretty much got mine red hot and put them under a faucet to knock the crud off once they get gunked up. Not sure if it's the right/preferred method but it's worked for me (limited as my experience is).

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use almost only Ni80 and I've just pretty much got mine red hot and put them under a faucet to knock the crud off once they get gunked up. Not sure if it's the right/preferred method but it's worked for me (limited as my experience is).

I've read a few places that you don't want to glow Ni80. It's supposedly not healthy for the coil or for people.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ni80 glows red-orange at ~590°C (~1100°F), and, just for the sake of longevity, I always try to stay below this point so the center of the coil never turns yellow-orange, and I avoid temperature shocks so I never heat it up too fast or pour water on it while it's still scaldingly hot... just blow on it a few times after it stops glowing. The maximum operating temperature of Ni80 is 1180°C (2150°F).

Ni80.jpg

See:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Ni80 glows red-orange at ~590°C (~1100°F), and, just for the sake of longevity, I always try to stay below this point so the center of the coil never turns yellow-orange, and I avoid temperature shocks so I never heat it up too fast or pour water on it while it's still scaldingly hot... just blow on it a few times after it stops glowing. The maximum operating temperature of Ni80 is 1180°C (2150°F).

View attachment 161167

See:
Don't listen to anything this dangerous liars says.

VU Sponsors