Become a Patron!

How Long Does 30mL of Eliquid Last?

JuiceChris

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Vendor Employee
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of the first questions you want to know about your juice is how long the bottle will last you. When vaping was first introduced to the market, the popular size was 30mL. Since vape tanks used to have a very small e-liquid capacity, a 30mL could last anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. Coils were rated for very low wattages, meaning you wouldn’t go through e-liquid nearly as fast. And finally, there weren’t as many options in flavors and nicotine preferences as there are now. What used to last the average vaper a month might very well be gone in a few days now.

Let’s try to break down how long a 30mL bottle can last you and why.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU VAPE?

The amount of time a bottle of 30mL will last largely depends on how often you vape. If you only vape on occasions (parties, drinking, driving, etc.), a 30mL bottle has the potential to last you for a long time. The average vaper goes through about 2-3mL per day, assuming you are using the right nicotine levels and taking vape breaks. Simple math leads us to the answer that vaping a 30mL bottle will last us about 10-15 days. Two weeks is a long time to continually use the same flavor; many vapers keep several bottles on hand to prevent getting bored of one flavor. You might think one bottle can last you for 10 days, but having several bottles can easily make you think a 30mL lasts much longer.

HOW GOOD IS THE FLAVOR?

I’ve had flavors that were so delicious, I vaped the entire bottle in a matter of days. Other e-liquids that I wasn’t particularly fond of would last me weeks. To this day, I still have opened bottles of e-liquid that I don’t like, sitting in cabinets with coils, old tanks, and other vaping equipment. This triggers another question of how long is ejuice good for after opening, but we’ll tackle that question in our next article! The main thing is that vape juice is a lot like your favorite foods. How long will a pack of cookies or a carton of ice cream last in your kitchen? If you don’t like ice cream that much, it can easily last for weeks at a time. The same principle applies for vape. If you like the flavor, you’re much more likely to go through it quickly.

WHAT KIND OF DEVICE ARE YOU USING?

As we mentioned before, tank sizes used to be considerably smaller, containing about 2-3mL or so. Atomizers were set to a low wattage, meaning you wouldn’t be able to burn through as much juice. Yet somewhere along the line, vape hardware companies realized that the vape flavor would be magnified at higher temperatures. Coils were created to withstand higher temperatures, and vape tanks followed by increasing their capacity all the way up to 9mL of e-liquid! All this forced brands to offer larger bottle sizes, making 30mL a thing of the past. While you are able to still buy some brands and flavors in 30mL, most brands now offer 30mL bottles only for their nic-salt e-liquid options. You can check out our recent nic-salt e-liquid article here!

BOTTLE SIZES & PRICES

Before you despair on how 30mLs aren’t good for anything, consider this. A lot of brands have upped their quantities to 60mLs, 100mLs, or even 120 mLs! This can make shopping for ejuice stressful and frustrating. While many shops offer a taste tester for flavors, usually it’s only 0mg of nicotine, which can drastically differ from the flavors with nicotine. It’s a good idea to buy the small bottles first to see if you like the flavor. If you do, you can easily go back and purchase a larger bottle size. Most vape shops offer competitive pricing. While it may seem like a better idea to buy a larger bottle size and take advantage of the pricing, what good is a large bottle of flavor that you don’t like?

NIC-SALT BOTTLES VS. FREEBASE NICOTINE BOTTLES

Again, 30mL bottles are usually pretty difficult to find, but not impossible. You can check out all the ones we offer here! Make sure you’re buying the correct type of e-liquid before completing your purchase. Nic-salt e-liquids are sold almost exclusively in 30mL bottles, since you don’t go through nic-salt e-liquid as quickly as freebase nicotine e-liquid. The majority of nic-salt also comes in higher nicotine contents that won’t work in sub-ohm devices, so you’ll want to check to make sure you have the proper equipment for your purchase. Nic-salt has been touted as having a smoother flavor and a stronger nicotine hit, so if you’re looking to cut back on cigarettes, e-liquid, or nicotine content, a 30mL bottle of e-liquid might just be all you need.

CONCLUSION

There really isn’t an exact answer for how long a 30mL bottle of e-liquid will last. Some people may vape extensively, often referred to as chain vapers. Chain vapers can blow through a 30mL bottle in as little as 3-4 days! If you’re just getting into vaping, a 30mL bottle will easily hold you over for at least a week, and at most, a month. We’ll get into how long you can keep a bottle of ejuice after opening in our next article, but for the most part, a 30mL bottle will keep you satisfied for several days. Factors like how often you vape, what equipment you’re using, and how much you like the flavor will greatly impact how long the bottle will really last. What’s the most common bottle size that you buy? Have you ever accidentally gotten a 30mL bottle (either nic-salt or freebase e-liquid) and didn’t know what to do with it?

Let us know in the comments below! As always, we here at ejuice.deals are here for your questions. As always we welcome your suggestions, feedback and questions. have a great afternoon!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A day while doing CAD work, I’d easily go through 60ml a day.

Normally anywhere 20-30ml a day.

I DIY, most commercial juices taste like sweetened shit, with a dash of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on my atomiser and juice. Some subohm tanks are thirstier than others. Whether it's max VG or lower VG, and whether it's DL at high wattage or MTL at low wattage, or whether it's RTA all make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors