How to dissasemble a tesla vv/vw mod

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey people,

I have a tesla vv/vw mod I bought 16 months ago, today the fire button stopped working and I want to take it apart to try and fix it. but have not seen any way to do so with out damaging it. has any one done this yet? and if so how did you do it?

Thank you for any info

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey people,

I have a tesla vv/vw mod I bought 16 months ago, today the fire button stopped working and I want to take it apart to try and fix it. but have not seen any way to do so with out damaging it. has any one done this yet? and if so how did you do it?

Thank you for any info
I'll be watching this... My battery "door" threading is stripped, I might learn something here. I hope someone can help, OP. Time for a new mod? Lol.

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yea will be looking for another mod, but my ocd will not let me toss this one. I have to try and fix it fist. if that does not work then will be holding on to it for parts lol

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
as far as your threading, can you find a tap and die set that is big enough to re thread yours?

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a black one that's stripped on the connection.....I moved on...vaporbeast would not honor warranty because it was three days pass there policy. Other than that it would be good for parts maybe.

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that sucks. I have had mine for just over 16 months and have used it heavily. maybe try to get a 510 to 510 or a 510 to ego adapter and see if you can get that to thread in, if it does then you can just connect to the adapter

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Meh, I got it a while back used and really only use mechs, so it's not much of a concern. It's the battery threading, too, not the 510. I was gonna sell it, then the threads went. OP, you fix your button?

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, i have not fixed the button yet. have not found a way to remove the top cap with out damaging it.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks ALOT like a vamo in a different wrapper

I had to use one of the battery tubes on my vamo screwed onto the beauty ring threads and wiggle the top cap off, everything else inside slid out after top cap was no long pressed into the top

xteslast.jpg

Gonna have to get something screwed into the 510 connector firmly then wiggle back and forth till the cap (see the line) starts coming loose
Vamo has the same button layout and the OLED screen

Once its out a 6mm momentary should solder right in

In fact...going over the review in the below...it even has the same options and display as the vamo
https://www.ecig-vapo.com/kit-tesla-vv-vw-apv-mod-p-208.html?products_id=208
in the video the "System:ON" scrolls by just like the vamo

Last edited:

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that sucks. I have had mine for just over 16 months and have used it heavily. maybe try to get a 510 to 510 or a 510 to ego adapter and see if you can get that to thread in, if it does then you can just connect to the adapter

Thanks for making this thread....when I did strip my connection I ordered a 510 to 510 adapter, tried to thread it on and nothing...took another look and it appears I am a dumb-ass , there's a piece on the bottom of the adapter that unscrews off, tried it again and it worked. I now have a working Tesla. I am so happy I did not slam it to the wall :)
Thanks guys :D

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
very welcome Thomas, thats why we are here.... to help each other out :D

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you Warhawk-AVG I will try that when I get a chance

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I finally took a hammer and screwdriver and got the top cap off. I did scratch it all up so will need to buff the hell out of it to get some of the scratches out. now all I need to do is get another switch to replace the bad one.

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the link Warhawk-AVG that help, I was not 100% sure what switch to put back in

vapefprlife321

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I bought a new switch for my tesla (came in a pack of 20). went to remove the board from the tube and I broke a coil off the board :(
so I am done with this tesla and will be buying another one.

Thanks for all the help with the dis-assembly and info on which switch to get. at least I will have spare parts if the next one breaks down :)

VU Sponsors