How to Download Cyberpunk 2077's Next-Gen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Cyberpunk 2077 will receive a next-gen update for both PS5 and Xbox Series X today. The new update is completely free and is available right now for all platforms.

During the CD Projekt RED's Livestream, it was revealed that the patch should be live immediately. This will still likely take a little bit of time to roll out completely, but keep an eye on your console and patch should be available soon. If you want to download the patch or the new free trial as soon as possible, read on below for a few tips on how to get started.

Cyberpunk 2077 1.5 Patch: Restart Your Console and Download the Update​

Patch 1.5 will come to all platforms, and is a huge ~50GB update. It aims to add many new fixes and features, alongside the next-gen updates for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.

If you haven't received the update, make sure to fully restart your console in order for it to cycle in the new data. This should then automatically trigger the update on your Xbox (I can confirm that this worked for me, and my Xbox is currently downloading the update). For PlayStation 5, you'll need to navigate to your library and manually download that version (it will have a PS5 logo next to it).

How to Download Cyberpunk 2077's Free 5-Hour Trial​

One of the biggest bit of news from the CD Projekt RED Livestream is the inclusion of a Cyberpunk 2077 5-hour free trial on both Xbox Series X/S and PS5. Just like the 1.5 patch, this will be available on February 15, and is likely rolling out soon onto your console. If you want to try the game out, we recommend restarting your console and checking the PS Store or Xbox Store for the trial.

It won't be the full game, but PS5 and Xbox Series X/S console owners will now be able to access a 5-hour trial, a big deal if you were worried by possible performance issues that plagued the game initial release in 2020. Not only that, but all your progress will transfer over from the trial if you do deside to pick up the game after sampling it.

Where Can I Buy Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 or Xbox Series X?​

There currently isn't a re-release or new box art available online at the moment, but Walmart does still have the game for under $26 right now if you want to pick up a copy. Otherwise, check out the digital listings on PS Store ($24.99 on sale) or Xbox Store ($29.99 on sale).

Robert Anderson is a deals expert and Commerce Editor for IGN. You can follow him @robertliam21 on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors