Become a Patron!

How to use sweetener?

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Can someone tell me what to use to sweeten my ejuice? I didn't know until recently that sweeteners were used, but I have new 1 shot concentrates that really need it. What type/brand do you buy, & where do you find it now with shipping being a problem? (The local vape shop says they don't even have a way to get shipments now, that business to business shipments are banned too. Isn't b2b allowed, just not retail to customers?)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Chances are they’re using Capella’s Super Sweet. You can get it at Bull City Flavors, Wizard Labs, Flavor Jungle, DIY Vapor Supply....basically anywhere they sell flavors.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Can someone tell me what to use to sweeten my ejuice? I didn't know until recently that sweeteners were used, but I have new 1 shot concentrates that really need it. What type/brand do you buy, & where do you find it now with shipping being a problem? (The local vape shop says they don't even have a way to get shipments now, that business to business shipments are banned too. Isn't b2b allowed, just not retail to customers?)

Business has to be licensed to sell tobacco products.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's a link to Bull City, and one to Super Sweet. If you're starting to need to add sweet agents, you may soon need to keep a flavor supplier's info handy. You may start getting into DIY or MYO ejuice. You'll find if you head that way, it can be a lot cheaper. :)

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Chances are they’re using Capella’s Super Sweet. You can get it at Bull City Flavors, Wizard Labs, Flavor Jungle, DIY Vapor Supply....basically anywhere they sell flavors.
Thank you. How much do you usually add? Is there a percentage you shouldn't go above due to it causing coil problems?
Here's a link to Bull City, and one to Super Sweet. If you're starting to need to add sweet agents, you may soon need to keep a flavor supplier's info handy. You may start getting into DIY or MYO ejuice. You'll find if you head that way, it can be a lot cheaper. :)
Thank you, I make my own from 1 shots, but after vaping store bought ejuice, mine seems dull, like drinking unsweet tea in the south, lol

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you. How much do you usually add? Is there a percentage you shouldn't go above due to it causing coil problems?

Thank you, I make my own from 1 shots, but after vaping store bought ejuice, mine seems dull, like drinking unsweet tea in the south, lol
I would start at 0.5% and work your way up. Commercial juice can have 1-3% of sweetener, but that one shot probably has sweetener already.....just not enough for you.

Reactions: dez

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
:blech::blech::blech::blech::cuss2::cuss2::zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie: *runs away, may be living in WV but rolled off a FL orange tree and grew up in VA*

I beg your pardon? There are some of us down here who prefer not to indulge in, as you say, diabetes in a glass. :kickbutt:

I drink my tea unsweetened, have for years, and have no intention of drinking it any other way!

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I beg your pardon? There are some of us down here who prefer not to indulge in, as you say, diabetes in a glass. :kickbutt:

I drink my tea unsweetened, have for years, and have no intention of drinking it any other way!
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to revoke your southerner status, lmao!

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I would start at 0.5% and work your way up. Commercial juice can have 1-3% of sweetener, but that one shot probably has sweetener already.....just not enough for you.
I just discovered that there is sweetener in ejuice and the 1 shots I've used, when I read an article here that explained that the ejuice turns amber in my tanks bc of the sugar (or sweetener without sugar?) caramelizing. It's funny bc 1 of my 1-shot concentrates is red, so the mixed juice is red. I have 2 or 3 strawberry ejuices in tanks and had different color rubber bands on them to remember which flavor was in which tank, but often id come back to the tank and it looked like the red colored flavor but in a different tank, so I thought maybe id mixed the flavors when I used it last, so was always dumping it out and filling with the right ejuice. Now I know the clear ejuices carmelized! I'm not (that) crazy. I didn't mix them and then forget!

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I'm with you @nadalama . I can't stand sweetened tea. And all these other flavored teas available? They can keep them.
Unsweetened all the way.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People (including me) often use Stevia rather than sweeteners from vape shops or websites. I think it works as well and use approximately equal %s and is readily available in supermarkets and natural food shops.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
People (including me) often use Stevia rather than sweeteners from vape shops or websites. I think it works as well and use approximately equal %s and is readily available in supermarkets and natural food shops.
The zevia clear liquid? Is it easier on the coils than the sweetener used in popular ejuice brands? I've bought the zlide tank & tons of coils, which (other than the .8 & .48ohm) are terrible about burning out within 2 hours, only to have the coils that do work keep losing flavor after a day, and I'm wondering if it'll still be a problem when I make my own if I need to use sweetener. (Diabetics like monk fruit for sweetener, so I'm also wondering if it could taste as good without ruining coils?)

I'm also wanting to make diet dr pepper taste like the diet cherry dr pepper that's been really hard to find. I'm not sure which cherry to use? There are several inawera cherries, and I may need black cherry.
I've never used sweetener in ejuice or used stevia at all..

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use Whole Foods store brand stevia.
In my experience, it definitely is easier on coils than sweeteners made from sucralose, which I believe is what is used in typical vaping sweeteners.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I use Capella Super sweet all the time. Used others but we have limited availability here.
To get say my licorice diy up to the same sweetness as a candy you would buy I use 1 drop per 10ml of mix.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The zevia clear liquid? Is it easier on the coils than the sweetener used in popular ejuice brands? I've bought the zlide tank & tons of coils, which (other than the .8 & .48ohm) are terrible about burning out within 2 hours, only to have the coils that do work keep losing flavor after a day, and I'm wondering if it'll still be a problem when I make my own if I need to use sweetener. (Diabetics like monk fruit for sweetener, so I'm also wondering if it could taste as good without ruining coils?)

I'm also wanting to make diet dr pepper taste like the diet cherry dr pepper that's been really hard to find. I'm not sure which cherry to use? There are several inawera cherries, and I may need black cherry.
I've never used sweetener in ejuice or used stevia at all..

Flavour Art makes a very good black cherry.

Also their marshmallow is good to use as a sweetener and isn't so hard on coils. It just seems weird to me that you have to add sweetener to a one-shot - those should already be sweetened.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Flavour Art makes a very good black cherry.

Also their marshmallow is good to use as a sweetener and isn't so hard on coils. It just seems weird to me that you have to add sweetener to a one-shot - those should already be sweetened.
These came from Europe and the site says they use sweetener, but the 2 flavors I mixed taste way off, not nearly like the 1 shots I've always used. They have different regulations over there, even the size of a tank can't hold more than 2ml for whatever reason, so I'm not sure if it's all of them or just the 2 I mixed.

VU Sponsors