How to Watch Despicable Me 4 – Showtimes and Streaming Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Steve Carrell's Minions leader and former supervillain, Gru, returns to theaters this weekend for the first mainline Despicable Me movie in seven years. IGN's Despicable Me 4 review called it "a Minions showcase interrupted by Gru and his family."

If you're wondering how and where you can watch Despicable Me 4 this weekend, take a look at the info below.

Where to Watch Despicable Me 4 – Showtimes and Streaming​

Despicable Me 4 will be released in theaters on July 3. To find when and where you can watch the movie near you, check the local showtime listings at the main theater sites below:

Despicable Me 4 Streaming Release Date​

Despicable Me 4 will eventually be released on Peacock, followed by Netflix. As per Universal's streaming arrangements for animated movies, Despicable Me 4 will be available on Peacock for four months before moving to Netflix for the next 10 months. It will then return to Peacock for four additional months before being made available on Prime Video.

Universal has yet to announce a streaming release date for Despicable Me 4. Two of Universal's latest animated releases — Kung Fu Panda 4 and Trolls Band Together — came to Peacock between three and four months after their theatrical debuts. Should the distributor follow suit here, Despicable Me 4 would come to Peacock by the end of October.

What Is Despicable Me 4 About?​

Despicable Me 4, the series' first mainline entry in seven years, continues the adventures of supervillain-turned-Anti-Villain League-agent Gru and his Minions. Here's the official synopsis from Universal:

[Despicable Me] begins a new chapter as Gru and Lucy and their girls — Margo, Edith, and Agnes — welcome a new member to the Gru family, Gru Jr., who is intent on tormenting his dad.

Gru faces a new nemesis in Maxime Le Mal and his femme fatale girlfriend Valentina, and the family is forced to go on the run.

How to Watch Previous Despicable Me Movies​

All three Despicable Me movies and each of the two Minons movies are available to stream online. The mainstream series can be streamed in its entirety on Peacock, while the Minions movies are split between Netflix and Prime Video. They can all be rented or purchased from various digital storefronts as well. Here are your streaming options:

Despicable Me (2010)

Despicable Me 2 (2013)

Minions (2015)

Despicable Me 3 (2017)

Minions: The Rise of Gru (2022)

Read IGN's reviews of each Despicable Me and Minions movie:

Despicable Me 4 Cast​

Despicable Me 4 was written by Mike White and Ken Daurio. It was directed by Chris Renaud and stars the following actors:

• Steve Carell as Gru
  • Kristen Wiig as Lucy
  • Will Ferrell as Maxime Le Mal
  • Pierre Coffin as Minions
  • Joey King as Poppy
  • Sofia Vergara as Valentina
  • Stephen Colbert as Perry
  • Miranda Cosgrove as Margo

Despicable Me 4 Rating and Runtime​

Despicable Me 4 is Rated PG for action and rude humor. The film runs for a total of 1 hour and 35 minutes including credits.

Looking for more film coverage from IGN? Check out our list of the biggest movies of 2024.

Jordan covers games, shows, and movies as a freelance writer for IGN.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors