Become a Patron!

I am about to go into a vaper's hell!!!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Going under the knife on Thursday. Wrist surgery. So looks like I will either have to make sure I have enough builds to last for at least a week and hope they last. Or resort to using ProTanks and T2's. :mad:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not order a packet of premade wicks from fasttech. They're cheap as chips!

Chip Chipperson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL don't think he will be receiving anything from FT by thursday..

going back to Protanks and kanger wicks sounds like a fucking nightmare to me

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL don't think he will be receiving anything from FT by thursday..

going back to Protanks and kanger wicks sounds like a fucking nightmare to me

True :) Does not angelcigs or 101vape sell them? Having said that, a decent self made coil should last months. Just bed new cotton around the coil to save having to thread it through?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't even think I am gonna have the ability to screw the coils on to the base. I have a hard enough time without a disability. LOL

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just recoiled two of my KFL's yesterday. I guess I'll do the other. I am sure I can walk my girlfriend through pulling the wick and snipping it if needed.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well for the first time for a year I'm gonna try out a clearo - the nautilus. I've only bought it because they're cheap on fasttech. But they always get good reviews so I thought I'd give it a go. Perhaps get one of them Garemlin. But the thought of using a protank again makes me shudder. More time spent faffing around with it than actually vaping it.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well for the first time for a year I'm gonna try out a clearo - the nautilus. I've only bought it because they're cheap on fasttech. But they always get good reviews so I thought I'd give it a go. Perhaps get one of them Garemlin. But the thought of using a protank again makes me shudder. More time spent faffing around with it than actually vaping it.

I get the same feeling about the Nautilus. Had two. Hated them. Sold them. I refuse to use any more Aspire BDC's. I have had no issues with my PTII's. Just don't like using them anymore since I started using RTA's. Maybe I will rebuild some heads before Thursday just in case.

Chip Chipperson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I get the same feeling about the Nautilus. Had two. Hated them. Sold them. I refuse to use any more Aspire BDC's. I have had no issues with my PTII's. Just don't like using them anymore since I started using RTA's. Maybe I will rebuild some heads before Thursday just in case.

Yea if you rebuild them they are not bad.. I just can't take dry hits on those things.. drives me nuts. I didn't like the Aspire stuff either.. Only clearo that always worked perfectly for me is the iclear30-S but obv re-wicking the protank gives better flavor

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny how things work like that. One mans tea is another mans poison. I hope I get on with the nautilus. Well, if you're happy with the protank and get reliable heads then go for it. And the coils in your RBAs n drippers will last. Have you got a lot of tanks?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Funny how things work like that. One mans tea is another mans poison. I hope I get on with the nautilus. Well, if you're happy with the protank and get reliable heads then go for it. And the coils in your RBAs n drippers will last. Have you got a lot of tanks?

I have three KFL's a Taifun GT, five PTII's and two Magnavape ProKillers. It isn't so much the coils I am worried about. I still am trying to master the wicking in my KFL's. It seems like I get what I think is a good build and when I fill it a second time it starts dry hitting like crazy. Sometimes it works itself out. Other times not so much.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm there are just so many answers given to wicking kayfuns. All of which contradict each other. I think the only answer is that each individual user, after viewing a tutorial, has to find their own way. I use a thin piece of cotton which barely touches the deck. I screw on the cap, juice it and squeeze it against the sides. Job done. The kayfun mini appears to be more of a success for wicking. I have 3 (2 of which are clones and just as good)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh just remembered! I have a taifun. But it's never seen the light of day. I wicked my bestie's taifun and didn't enjoy doing it and just kinda left my experience with it at that (it was the mini version)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh just remembered! I have a taifun. But it's never seen the light of day. I wicked my bestie's taifun and didn't enjoy doing it and just kinda left my experience with it at that (it was the mini version)

Really?? I find the Taifun more forgiving than the KFL's. The only issue I have with it is that it floods way to easy in the heat. Other than that it has awesome, warm flavor.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear mate...hope it goes well and ya have a quick recovery. :)

Some lolz:
plastic-surgery.jpg

Also, consider your DIY stocks if you do that sort of thing....

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you have a local B&M that can wick a few times for you ?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, perhaps if I spent more time with the taifun I would've got on with it. But I just think it's a case of so much choice now that I didn't feel like perusing it. Yes it will flood at higher heat I guess as heat helps wicking

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you have a local B&M that can wick a few times for you ?

Nothing close by unfortunately. I think I will just see how it all pans out. My biggest issues will be filling I think. Not having enough strength to take out the fill screws or the botton off the Taifun. Guess I will have my gf fill them before work and hope I don't have any dry hit issues.

Absintheur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had carpel tunnel and cubital tunnel release surgery done at the same time on my right arm, couldn't make coils but could do everything else. I did buy some .8 ohm coils from a guy on ebay that worked very well.

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Speedy recovery and good luck!

Lowest maintenance rebuild able tank I have yet found, Expromizer, second best has to be the Fogger v4 as odd as that seems. Both I can use the same cotton with for well over a week, at 10ml a day or more, with no nasty taste. I vape at 20-30 watts most of the time.

Just to throw that out there :p

iLLwiLL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What about the kanger mega or giant? Seen some pretty good reviews on those but I havent tried or picked one up for myself (yet).

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@claviger Thanks. never heard of that one. Might have a look though it is too late to get an order in tiime now.

@iLLwiLL Yeah I thought about trying one of the new Aerotanks. But I have been trying to thin the herd and not have a bunch of different attys that use different types of heads.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Garemlin I remember you saying you think it'll be so bad that you'll even have trouble refilling. So wouldn't a dripper be your best option - how long do you reckon your hands will be out of action?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Garemlin I remember you saying you think it'll be so bad that you'll even have trouble refilling. So wouldn't a dripper be your best option - how long do you reckon your hands will be out of action?

I'm getting dequarvins tendinitis release surgery. Essentially the cousin to carpal tunnel surgery. I'm not sure how long I am gonna be completely out of commission. But the full healing process is around 2 months. I'm sure I will have use long before then though.

As far as dripping I do drip but I'm not a big fan. And I can't seem to get a dual coil build that is high enough to work on my Provari. All of my dual coils seem to come out at 1 ohm or less. If my Paragon clone was here it would not be an issue.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm getting dequarvins tendinitis release surgery. Essentially the cousin to carpal tunnel surgery. I'm not sure how long I am gonna be completely out of commission. But the full healing process is around 2 months. I'm sure I will have use long before then though.

As far as dripping I do drip but I'm not a big fan. And I can't seem to get a dual coil build that is high enough to work on my Provari. All of my dual coils seem to come out at 1 ohm or less. If my Paragon clone was here it would not be an issue.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Don't dual coil it then as it halves the ohms, or use a higher guage.

I think I know a good website that does wrist exercises :D

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't dual coil it then as it halves the ohms, or use a higher guage.

I think I know a good website that does wrist exercises :D

LMAO. I bet.

I was trying single coils but just not getting the flavor and vapor. Tried doing dual with 30g but the ohms are still too low. Still haven't mastered dual coils yet.

Tap'd from my LG G2

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Good luck with your surgery!

I have had wrist surgery before but I just broke the darn thing.

You may surprise yourself what you can do once you have had the time to figure out some workarounds while you are recovering and getting used to the hopefully temporary restrictions place on you during your recovery process.

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going under the knife on Thursday. Wrist surgery. So looks like I will either have to make sure I have enough builds to last for at least a week and hope they last. Or resort to using ProTanks and T2's. :mad:
Hope you recover quickly and healthier than before.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They take a bit longer to reach temperature vs kanthal or nichrome. Good for someone that doesn't have dexterity or doesn't want to hassle with building coils.
I hope everything went well for you yesterday.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They take a bit longer to reach temperature vs kanthal or nichrome. Good for someone that doesn't have dexterity or doesn't want to hassle with building coils.
I hope everything went well for you yesterday.

Thanks. Surgery went well. I'm obviously sore but nowhere near as bad as my previous surgeries.

So why are these ceramic coils not more popular??? Seems to me a great option. No build hassle and I imagine they would last much longer than traditional wire coils.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LMAO. I bet.

I was trying single coils but just not getting the flavor and vapor. Tried doing dual with 30g but the ohms are still too low. Still haven't mastered dual coils yet.

If ya use 32 or 33 gauge, you'll be able to. Also, a larger diameter coil provides more wire length using the same wire. gauge.

Like this beasty:

pEtNp0Al.jpg
e27pCqDl.jpg

It's 9 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal around a 3mm screwdriver for 1.8 ohms.

Runs fine at 10W on my SVD...that can't run below 1.3 ohms.

Or, this build on my Pulse-G clone:

7-wraps of either 28 or 30 gauge ( can't remember) right at 2.4mm wide for 1.3 ohms. I run it on my Buzz Pro at around 4V.

4WXnKvAl.jpg
qevhMo6l.jpg

Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Garemlin ah you had your surgery. Did you work out a plan, have you got all your coils and tanks lined up ready to vape for the next few weeks?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Garemlin ah you had your surgery. Did you work out a plan, have you got all your coils and tanks lined up ready to vape for the next few weeks?

I rebuilt all three of my KFL's and my Taifun GT. two of the tree KFL's are working but the other one dry hits. And for some reason my Taifun is acting up too. I also cleaned all of my ProTanks but the first one I filled leaked. WTF!!! LOL Luckily I also cleaned all of my Kanger T2's and have 10 new heads so if I have to go back to using them I will. Guess I should get a 510>eGo adapter so I can still use the Provari.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess I should get a 510>eGo adapter so I can still use the Provari.

No 520>eGo adapter?? How is that possible lol
I sent one to a friend this week in a cheap envelope as thin as paper. And when it arrived he said he received a flat envelope with a torn inch sized slot - but no 510 adapter. We're on the lookout for a postman vaping on an extended ego

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No 520>eGo adapter?? How is that possible lol
I sent one to a friend this week in a cheap envelope as thin as paper. And when it arrived he said he received a flat envelope with a torn inch sized slot - but no 510 adapter. We're on the lookout for a postman vaping on an extended ego

I have two VV 3.0's to use with my T2's when I need to. So I never bothered getting one. Prolly gonna get one this weekend at my local shop.

And a similar thing happened to me. Sent a guy one of those 510 afc adapters in a trade. I wrapped it in an envelope inside another envelope. Somehow it managed to find its way out of the envelope through a very small hole. Either the conveyers ripped it and pushed it out or someone at the sorting facility or PO thought it was a piece of jewelry and decided to help themselves.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two VV 3.0's to use with my T2's when I need to. So I never bothered getting one. Prolly gonna get one this weekend at my local shop.

And a similar thing happened to me. Sent a guy one of those 510 afc adapters in a trade. I wrapped it in an envelope inside another envelope. Somehow it managed to find its way out of the envelope through a very small hole. Either the conveyers ripped it and pushed it out or someone at the sorting facility or PO thought it was a piece of jewelry and decided to help themselves.

Damn those sorting office guys. I bet they're all going around looking like Mr T

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure the cost. But when you factor in shipping it would prolly be a wash.

True, if that is all you'd order. ;-)

There's always this too:
Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-510-Thread-Adapters-2-pieces-USA-Seller-Same-Day-FREE-Shipping-/390881030018

2 for $5.84 shipped free from FL.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
True, if that is all you'd order. ;-)

There's always this too:
Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-510-Thread-Adapters-2-pieces-USA-Seller-Same-Day-FREE-Shipping-/390881030018

2 for $5.84 shipped free from FL.

Hmmm not bad of a price. Wouldn't hurt to have two.

VU Sponsors