I Am Groot Disney+ Release Date and Poster Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Alongside revealing the first poster, Disney has confirmed that I Am Groot will officially be released on Disney+ on August 10, 2022.

I Am Groot is a series of original animated shorts that look to follow "Baby Groot's glory days growing up, and getting into trouble among the stars."

As for the poster, we get a look at Baby Groot "chilling out with his favorite tunes" and a delicious-looking beverage that comes complete with a mini umbrella. The poster also features two adorable little four-eyed aliens that look to be holding a palm tree air freshener of sorts.

I Am Groot was first announced at Disney's Investor Day 2020, and Vin Diesel will be returning to voice this leafiest member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

These shorts will be the beginning of the big push towards Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, which is set to be released in theaters on May 5, 2023. Before then, however, fans will also be treated to The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special sometime in 2022.

Oh, Groot and the Guardians will also have a big part to play in Thor: Love and Thunder, which will be released in theaters on July 8, 2022.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors