Become a Patron!

I am New To Coil Building. Need Friends That Vape.

Blacksheepannie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys and gals in the vaping world. I am a recovering drug addict and current nicotine user. I have been vaping for around 10 months and am not a very technical person as far as computers go so it is taking a while to navigate around here. I own a few tanks and a box mod also an Aspire mod and a Samurai drip atty, I am new to building coils and have come here to learn. My apologies in advance for not knowing how to post things. Any advice is welcome.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well you have come to the right place, lots of friendly, helpful, and supportive folks here. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have and Welcome to V/U.:cool:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome, blacksheepanni From another recoverer. ;) I'm sure you'll find a lot of help with learning to build coils, and really, the hardest part is just working up the nerve to try it -- it was for me anyway. :D Once I tried it, I was like, well hell this isn't hard. :D Wicking, though... that's an art form! No one can really tell you how to tell how much to use, you just kinda have to try it a few times, make some mistakes, and you finally figure it out. :)

Andria

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! You won't find a nicer group of folks to help you with your questions than you will here!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
welcome to VU! lots of great builders here! (I'm not one lol)
but here is a good video with the basics and a good overall tutorial

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey bud, welcome to VU!

I too am in recovery, going on 9 months, living in a sober house and loving the vaping experience! Went full bore with subohm tanks and now am getting into rta's and rda's, tons of great information here to be found and lots of helpful people. Give @raymo2u a shout, he builds awesome coils and is a fountain of knowledge on building and the tools / basics you'll want to get. I highly recommend ordering some coils from him to get the amazing experience you'll be in store for!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Welcome to VU, Im am also in Recovery...but Ive been sustained for almost 6 years in the Suboxone Program, I am very thankful for it...
There is a great wealth of knowledge at this forum and many members that contribute and help out others here, feel free to ask questions or search and skim until your hearts content. Like BPROSEK stated I build along with many others in the Builders Corner and can give tips or tutorials if necessary. If you need anything just let me know!

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the VU. New builder and hobbyist here as well. Hope you enjoy you should go over to the builders part of the forum as raymo2u states lots of great tips and techniques there. Plus check out raymo's coil build will show ya what your in for lol.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU !! Coil buliding can be very easy or as complicated as you want to make it. I personally like buying Clapton wire and keeping it simple. I made my own Claptons but it's so much easier just to buy it pre-made and go from there. I run mostly temperature control with SS Claptons in my Griffin RTA's on DNA 200 mods. You will find lots of good people here that can give you plenty of help if you ask.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU !! Coil buliding can be very easy or as complicated as you want to make it. I personally like buying Clapton wire and keeping it simple. I made my own Claptons but it's so much easier just to buy it pre-made and go from there. I run mostly temperature control with SS Claptons in my Griffin RTA's on DNA 200 mods. You will find lots of good people here that can give you plenty of help if you ask.
Just a question where do you get ss clapton wire from. All premade wire I have wondered on have been kanthal. Thanks

VU Sponsors