Become a Patron!

I feel welcomed already and haven't spoke to a single person yet.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've vaped for about 4 years, recently started ordering supplies for a few recipes I think I'll like. Lot to learn on that side of the house still. I've been reading from many different forums but not contributed to any. With as much as a few of you have helped without knowing, I figured it's about time I join to see if I can contribute anything.
Is it just me or does anyone else notice a huge difference in taste simply by changing tanks and coils? I use a Kangetech Subtank Plus with 0.25ohm coil, a Crown Uwell with 0.5 or 0.25ohm coil, and a Herakles with 0.6 or 0.25ohm coil. For different juices and flavors I enjoy each one. But so far the few recipes I've used it seems my big tanks just don't agree with the juice. I know I am not providing enough info here but that is so I can get the conversation started to see where it goes. If it turns out there is an entire topic on this, I'll gladly go there but how on earth would one search for such a topic.... Anyways, thanks for having me and hopefully I can find a way to contribute to the vape world from underground.
I'm a tech guy that likes to research, maybe a bit too much. I don't tend to dabble much in anything, I usually end up balls deep in whatever it is I get interested in. I didn't want to even start looking at making my own juice because I know me and I'll end up taking up half my garage and most of the spare room with supplies and other things. But here I am....damit.
Yes, I ramble, you'll get used to it. I am me, always. Never wanted to be anyone else.
I don't sleep, I am very particular, and I like a good debate. Yes, debate, not argument.
Enough about me, how the hell is everyone else doing?

Coletrain182

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome and hello!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Glad to have you here.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the thunderdome

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me, I'm getting ready to head out to work, but wanted to say hi and welcome!

Wondering if this is the thread you're talking about? http://vapingunderground.com/threads/next-gen-shorty-tanks-designed-for-mtl-use-ex-smokers.147757/
That one is in the subtanks/clearomizers area. It's a big forum, so take your time and look at all the sub-forums here. Don't forget the DIY area. GREAT DIY here.
Have fun!

Thanks Huckleberried for the reply. There is indeed a LOT of info there. However it is more directed at MTL vapers.
Myself, I have been a DL vaper for too long and have no problem with the fact that I consume 10 times more juice than MTL vapers.
If I use premade juice my Crown and Herakles work flawlessly.
However every recipe I have tried leaves me wanting to go back to the premade.
I want to create my own juice and enjoy the experimentation that comes with it.
However so far everything I have made so far tastes .... well, not well at all.
Some of them do well if I take real short hits but anything more produces either a perfume taste or just nasty.
Since I'm just starting I have about 45 flavors TPA, CAP, and LA. I've already found one brand I definitely did not like any flavor I tried but all three seem to end up the same. Only good on real short drags. Unfortunately I cannot get them to provide me the recipe for my normal flavor. I have used it for about a year and a half. I was content in using just one flavor. With research and curiosity I now want to venture out into multiple flavors. I smoked for 26 years and stuck to one brand/flavor so I didn't even think about the concept of varying flavors and having a variety.
I've tried single flavor recipes through 4 flavor recipes. I've reduced the amount of flavor to see if that was the problem, I've steeped for up to 2 weeks even on recipes that were to be shake n vapes. Either my palate is broken, I have 45 flavors from 3 separate brands that came from 4 different sources, or I am doing something wrong. I'm not ruling out my palate. I've changed co

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my defense, I've been an insomniac since I was 12.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I do tend to just go with BAM! I am me, FO.
But I won't say that here in an attempt to be polite.
Until people get used to me, them I'm all over it.

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it just me or does anyone else notice a huge difference in taste simply by changing tanks and coils? I use a Kangetech Subtank Plus with 0.25ohm coil, a Crown Uwell with 0.5 or 0.25ohm coil, and a Herakles with 0.6 or 0.25ohm coil. For different juices and flavors I enjoy each one.
First off Here's a Big Welcome,
I've found that certain e-liquids preform better in different tanks as well as different ratio's of PG/VG. I'm also thinking that the certain e-liquid vendors are building really low when creating them and some much higher. If I'm vaping something that everyone is saying it's the bee's knees and I'm not getting anything of the sort. I've gone as far as calling talking to them to see what their build was while making the flavor. There's also flavors that I've written off then tried it the Uwell Crown with the 0.25ohm coil and got everything people had mentioned. The flavor was extremely different and the 30ml was gone quickly. So I believe that there is a big difference in the taste from tanks be it the ohm of the coil, wire material, and airflow of the device. Personally I'm a big fan of the tanks that come with or have an RBA section available especially with some of these coil prices.

Again Welcome to Vaping Underground.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off Here's a Big Welcome,
I've found that certain e-liquids preform better in different tanks as well as different ratio's of PG/VG. I'm also thinking that the certain e-liquid vendors are building really low when creating them and some much higher. If I'm vaping something that everyone is saying it's the bee's knees and I'm not getting anything of the sort. I've gone as far as calling talking to them to see what their build was while making the flavor. There's also flavors that I've written off then tried it the Uwell Crown with the 0.25ohm coil and got everything people had mentioned. The flavor was extremely different and the 30ml was gone quickly. So I believe that there is a big difference in the taste from tanks be it the ohm of the coil, wire material, and airflow of the device. Personally I'm a big fan of the tanks that come with or have an RBA section available especially with some of these coil prices.

Again Welcome to Vaping Underground.

Thank you.
I've tried all three tanks using all the coil options they are standard with.
Kangertech Subtank Plus with the .5, 1.2, and 1.5, tried the horizontal as well as the verticals.
Crown with the .25 and the .5
Herakles with .25, .6 (personal fav) and the TC.
When using premixed, they all are great in their own way.
However when I use anything I mix, they're all shit on a long draw.
Short draws are great though.
I find it more difficult to annoy my wife by blocking out the tv with vape using a short draw though.
The long draws fill the room and provide her with the enjoyment of complaining about how she can't see.
I joke about her, but serious about the thick full vapor creation I am used to.
Just tastes horrible or perfume or burnt using anything I've made so far.
I'll continue reading through all the great posts here and something will certainly spark my interest for me to try to resolve this.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there Para, Welcome aboard, you'll fit in great here:)

Thanks, hope you don't mean I'll need to be a contortionist and fold myself in half to literally "fit" somewhere in here.
I don't want to have to go through THAT again.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Paratech, glad to have you aboard. I like your style already.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! Great place to be and explore!

VU Sponsors