Become a Patron!

I guess this is me-plus clouds. So which tank?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. I managed to get myself off the nicotine but still vape occasionally at 0 nicotine for the flavour and clouds.
Yesterday, I bought my first 'real' good setup, before I was using ego clone batteries and throwaway CE4 clones.

So, I got a sigelei 30 watt on the way, should be with me Wednesday as Monday is a public holiday in the UK.

At the moment, I will be using it with a protank II clone but genuine Kanger coils.

What would be an ideal upgrade from this? People keep recommending the nautilus to me, and the mini does seem tempting.

As I use 0 nic I'm not too worried about the danger now, and have some PG, and am going to order some VG and flavour concentrates and start experimenting.

So really, my main question is, if I want great flavour first, and great clouds, what is an ideal tank for me? My budget will be up to £25, but £20 would be preferrable.

Thanks in advance, Conan.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Start dripping... Cheaper than tank coils and more fun since thats what it seems your doing it for.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok Well I ordered a nautilus, I can drip onto that can't i? Is there a guide to dripping anywhere, are I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to it all.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be fair, just about anything would be an upgrade from that proank 2. My roomate used it for a while with so so results. If you want to really step it up to a nicer inexpensive tank, consider looking at the new Kanger subtanks. Id suggest a Subtank Mini for you. You can use prebuilt coils, or it has the option of a nice rebuildable deck..

B1EBEA2C-AE25-4928-86DC-9BDCDE521F89-13845-00000564F09FF78D_zpsjujpvshn.jpg

My roommate and I both used a Nautilus for well over a year, I got tired of replacing coils every week or two. My personal suggestion, dont open the box, see if you can send it back and swap out for the Kanger. Unless you start rebuilding the them yourself, the amount of money you will spend on coils of the course of a year will blow your mind.

I used it on a 20 watt and 30 watt I stick, as well as a few VV Evo style batteries...
336A3581-DD7B-4C18-8A14-AB8E9594C552-13845-00000565351778DD_zpsgjhgqu9i.jpg

Did I love the Aspire for the time I used it?? Absolutely!!
Did i recommend it to people who needed a good quality tank?? Sure did!!!
Based off of some of the other tanks available now, would i go out and buy another one? No :(

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will use the nautilus otherwise I have no tank to play with my new vape, but I will try a subtank in a couple of weeks next payday. Nothing wrong with owning a few tanks right?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I safely use that subtank nano with a samsung 25R? As it says can only safely be used with a high drain battery and is for advanced vapers only, which I am definitely not, this is my first real mod coming tomorrow, I have been using egos up till now.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just do some research. It's not as complicated as you would think. Just gotta be safe because you can hurt yourself if your not smart about it

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'L definitely educate myself before I go sub ohming, the mod I am getting does it itself so is pretty cool but would be good to learn myself. I just don't know where to start if I'm honest when it comes to safety. I know how to safely handle lipos due to a different hobby I had, with much, much larger batteries than we deal with, talking 6 cell monsters with enough power to lift a few kilo heli for 15-20 minutes at a time.

cbrplume

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then you wont have trouble with this at all

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I safely use that subtank nano with a samsung 25R? As it says can only safely be used with a high drain battery and is for advanced vapers only, which I am definitely not, this is my first real mod coming tomorrow, I have been using egos up till now.

Yes you can! And it comes with stock coils as well as an RBA, so you can eventually learn to build on it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok Well I ordered a nautilus, I can drip onto that can't i? Is there a guide to dripping anywhere, are I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to it all.
Nope. It's a Tank with a bottom fed coil. Just start with that and get comfortable. It will put out a lot more vapor than your protank clone.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. It's a Tank with a bottom fed coil. Just start with that and get comfortable. It will put out a lot more vapor than your protank clone.
Ahh that confused me, as it comes with a drip tip so I thought you would be able to drip. I will use it to get comfortable, and am glad to hear it will give more vapour than what I currently have.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Absolutely...25R's are more than enough.

I just got the nano subtank and love it...The mini is the same thing with more juice capacity and a head which you can swap the pre made coils for if you wanted..(you have to build your coils on the head)...But keep in mind the kanger coils are rebuildable as well...Simple to do and extremely cheap compared to buying them if you dont learn to rebuild the coil heads or build coils in general.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh that confused me, as it comes with a drip tip so I thought you would be able to drip. I will use it to get comfortable, and am glad to hear it will give more vapour than what I currently have.

The drip tip is just the removable mouth piece on tanks, and other atomizers, rda, Et Cetera. Your protank has a non-removable drip tip (guessing) that is part of the top of the tank. I can understand where the confusion is. PM me when you get your setup and I'll walk you through getting it set up correctly.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The subtank nano is the cheapest option for me, the same as the nautilus. My package comes today! The nautilus, Segelei 30 watt, Samsung 25r, Charger, and spare coils. I went for the 25R as I heard they were good, I was going to get a 3100MAH Efest 35A, but heard they only really put out around 5-10 amps!

Can I rebuild subtank nano coils, or is it better to go for the mini if I want to do that?

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The nano coils, they are the same coils as the mini uses, can easily be re-wicked and the complete rebuild looks pretty easy and straight forward.

cardassian

Member For 4 Years
Yep rebuild the occ head is pretty simple. Can even play around a little with different builds, like using twisted wire and stuff.

VU Sponsors