Become a Patron!

I have a recommendation for a budget cloud set up

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg 6A79C174-A2E3-410A-8BEF-4D524D368BAE.jpeg AC0EC1D2-1E98-44FA-9B8F-60ECFCAB7FEC.jpeg I see lots of posts from people newer to vaping or at least new to big clouds, thought I would throw my experience out there to maybe help someone on a budget that wants easy clouds and great flavor.

I have been through many mods both Mech and regulated, many tanks, RDAs, and RDTAs, many types of batteries, and probably thousands of coil builds, both that I made myself and those that I have purchased already made.
Tried wire from 20ga to 28ga in kathal, Ni80, Ni90, and varied forms of SS.

Most has been just personal experimentation as this is my hobby, other times it has been in search of better as I felt there was gas left in the tank and better results could be had from a different mod/build/rda,etc.

Now down to the brass tacks, go buy a
1. Wismec Noisy Cricket 2 mod $20-30
2. Tobeco Veloctiy RDA $11-20
3. Samsung 25r batteries x 2-4 $8-12
4. 22ga Kanthal wire $1-7
5. Ejuice and cotton of your choice $NA

The mod is a regulated series mod, it ups the voltage all the way to 8.4 and offers adjustability in series mode as well as a parallel mode. It has safety features that keep it from being dangerous is you aren’t the most knowledgeable about ohms law and building or batteries.

It will fire builds down to .1 ohms in regulated series or parallel mode and down to .2 in unregulated series mode.

It hits hard, no ramp up for reasonable builds, feels very mechanical for a semi regulated device, is dead simple, no menus or many options, no screens, no firmware updates, just a solid hard hitting mod that will power almost any build you want.

It’s also inexpensive and aesthetically pleasing to hold and look at.
I keep it in regulated series mode and adjust the dial up or down depending on the build and how hot I want it,

The tobeco rda isn’t a must, but for an rda that can be had as cheaply as $10 online, it’s a very solid performer, plenty of airflow that is very adjustable, no drip tips to play with, the velocity deck is super simple to build on and can fit many builds including large wire. It’s also very flavorful and matches the NCII perfectly.

The Samsung 25R batteries are the budget powerhouses, cheaper that Sony batteries and easier to find at a B&M store, they have been my staple to performance and safety for years.
I can’t tell a difference in use between these and my Sony VTC 6s.

For builds, keep them simple, take the 22ga Kanthal and make 6-8 wraps around a 2.5mm-3mm screwdriver or drill bit, keep it simple and don’t get too caught up in Clapton this and alien that, I have yet to find a fancy build that gave me better clouds and flavor than my simpler builds.

If you want to get fancy, try wrapping the coils around the 2.5mm bit 4 times, then come up the bit about 2mm and do another 4 wraps, you end up with quad coils that perform very well, look great for the wow factor, and wick better as the space in the middle keeps the middle wraps from starving for liquid.

Another favorite build is to take the 22ga kathal and parallel wrap with a smaller ga SS or Ni80 like a 26-28ga.
Great flavor and very simple.

If you do this you will have big clouds, great flavor, and a safe mod.

Other honorable mentions and can be subbed for the cricket
1. Tesla invader 3, a favorite of mine and similar to the cricket in functions but looks and feels nicer to me.
2. Dovpo MVV, again similar to cricket, just another option.

Rda can be almost any 22-24mm rda with a lot of adjustable airflow, I enjoy my Doge and Troll RDAs on a budget, but a digiflavor Drop is perfect as well as a dead rabbit or pulse 22.

Not a perfect set up for everyone, but a very solid set up for anyone and a favorite of mine despite having many other more expensive and complicated options.

You do this and you will have good results instead of disappointment.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 101036 View attachment 101034 View attachment 101035 I see lots of posts from people newer to vaping or at least new to big clouds, thought I would throw my experience out there to maybe help someone on a budget that wants easy clouds and great flavor.

I have been through many mods both Mech and regulated, many tanks, RDAs, and RDTAs, many types of batteries, and probably thousands of coil builds, both that I made myself and those that I have purchased already made.

Most has been just personal experimentation as this is my hobby, other times it has been in search of better as I felt there was gas left in the tank and better results could be had from a different mod/build/rda,etc.

The mod is a regulated series mod, it ups the voltage all the way to 8.4 and offers adjustability in series mode as well as a parallel mode. It has safety features that keep it from being dangerous is you aren’t the most knowledgeable about ohms law and building or batteries.

It will fire builds down to .1 ohms in regulated series or parallel mode and down to .2 in unregulated series mode.

It hits hard, no ramp up for reasonable builds, feels very mechanical for a semi regulated device, is dead simple, no menus or many options, no screens, no firmware updates, just a solid hard hitting mod that will power almost any build you want.

I keep it in regulated series mode and adjust the dial up or down depending on the build and how hot I want it,

The tobeco rda isn’t a must, but for an rda that can be had as cheaply as $10 online, it’s a very solid performer, plenty of airflow that is very adjustable, no drip tips to play with, the velocity deck is super simple to build on and can fit many builds including large wire. It’s also very flavorful and matches the NCII perfectly.

The Samsung 25R batteries are the budget powerhouses, cheaper that Sony batteries and easier to find at a B&M store, they have been my staple to performance and safety for years.

For builds, keep them simple, take the 22ga Kanthal and make 6-8 wraps around a 2.5mm-3mm screwdriver or drill bit, keep it simple and don’t get too caught up in Clapton this and alien that, I have yet to find a fancy build that gave me better clouds and flavor than my simpler builds.

If you want to get fancy, try wrapping the coils around the 2.5mm bit 4 times, then come up the bit about 2mm and do another 4 wraps, you end up with quad coils that perform very well, look great for the wow factor, and wick better as the space in the middle keeps the middle wraps from starving for liquid.

Another favorite build is to take the 22ga kathal and parallel wrap with a smaller ga SS or Ni80 like a 26-28ga.

1. Tesla invader 3, a favorite of mine and similar to the cricket in functions but looks and feels nicer to me.

Rda can be almost any 22-24mm rda with a lot of adjustable airflow, I enjoy my Doge and Troll RDAs on a budget, but a digiflavor Drop is perfect as well as a dead rabbit or pulse 22.

Not a perfect set up for everyone, but a very solid set up for anyone and a favorite of mine despite having many other more expensive and complicated options.

Hope this helps someone.
Nice recommendation. I love my noisy cricket 2. Tried it at the vape shop and just had to have it. I use a tsunami on mine and for the price $60.00 for batteries, mod and RDA I was pretty impressed. Don't have alot of money and this is perfect for me. That velocity clone is a steal.
I hope some people read this thread :)

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Noisy Cricket in series mode is really nice. Absolutely love that device especially for its price.

View attachment 101036 View attachment 101034 View attachment 101035 I see lots of posts from people newer to vaping or at least new to big clouds, thought I would throw my experience out there to maybe help someone on a budget that wants easy clouds and great flavor.

Hope this helps someone.

so I gave it a try yesterday and it does a hell of a job .. good idea

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
so I gave it a try yesterday and it does a hell of a job .. good idea

DUDE NO

Noisy Cricket is Unregulated Series

It pushes 8.4 volts on full batteries

His build is 0.15 - 0.2 ohms

That's pulling over 40 amps from each battery, No Batteries Are Rated to be used this way

The Noisy Cricket II has protections and limits, Noisy Cricket one does Not

You will either end your batteries' lives prematurely (best case scenario) or have a disaster in your hands (yes, in, worst case scenario)

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, not advisable on a V1 noisy cricket, I use the V2 which supports resistances down to .1ohm in regulated mode and .2 in bypass mode, it has protections in place for this.

While doable at .2 ohms, it’s not playing it safe with a V1 NC.
Now, .3 or .35 ohms is ok by me on a V1.

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Before I got into clapton this and alien that, the best results I got from straight wire builds were what I like to call “switchback” coils like you’ve shown here.

With dual 22g A1 with 8 wraps, I was getting similar flavour and clouds to triple core aliens. Great build for beginners.

Sent from Imperial Star Destroyer Executor

VU Sponsors