Become a Patron!

I havent been able to make my vape taste good.

I had a drop rda sitting on a voopoo drag and one day I needed to change my coils and cotton. After that initial change, I havnt been able to make my vape taste like it had before.

It used to taste like i was drinking the juice. But now it tastes muted or like I'm sucking on a piece of cotton with a single drop of my juice.

I would describe it as being the LaCroix of vape.

I recently got a passage rda and a dovpo topside dual and thought that would help. Nope. Got new coils and cotton bacon v2. Nope.

Its literally been atleast 5 months of not having the greatest taste. I'm at a loss. I really don't know whats wrong.

Its also not vapors tongue or fatigue. I've switched juices. Taken brakes. I only drink water.

Attachments

• 20210103_013556.jpg
    20210103_013556.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210103_013611.jpg
    20210103_013611.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Never used Passage so others that have can probably help more.

Your coils look low compared to the designer's. And the barrel turns to keep airflow aligned w/coils.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can not see if you left a tube at the top of the coil, or you've crammed wick fully into it. Might consider leaving about a half mm in the top from the top of the wick to top of coil. Find it helps offer a better vape overall. Also with cotton am finding less is more & rayon definitely doesn't need so much.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Aside from lifting the coils up like shown in the video above, I would suggest wicking it up by using the right amount of cotton─not more, but also not less. I can see the tails of your wicks are so thick that they're actually taking up part of the space that is located directly below the coils. That's a probable sign that you've used far too much cotton, and another typical explanation why it tastes so muted.

Further, the top of the wicks on either side of both coils should not be squeezed horizontally flat. Here's an example pic of how Cotton Bacon 2.0 looks like if you let the cotton just fall kind of naturally into place and then gently swipe over, after juicing it up, all the pointy fibers sticking out.

wicks.jpg

VU Sponsors