Become a Patron!

I keep getting burnt cotton way before my juice is vaped out

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering if it could be my juice, because only when I drip a certain juice, it seems that this happens. Are there juices that burn cotton? The juice that burns is Jamaica by Upnvape. Or is it something else? I've tried threading my cotton all sorts of different times in different ways. All getting the same result. And if you know of any ways to keep that juice from burning my cotton, advice would be much appreciated

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You sure you're not getting your cotton wick too tight in the coil?

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You sure you're not getting your cotton wick too tight in the coil?
I've tried it with tight wicks and loose wicks. Same thing when I use my Jamaica juice. I'm starting to think that it's the juice that's burning my cotton. Ya think so?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some flavors burn and have to be vaped at cooler temps - turn your wattage down, or build a higher ohm coil for that one and see if it makes a difference.

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What wattage would you suggest? Or how low should I go?

Logan Schafer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some flavors burn and have to be vaped at cooler temps - turn your wattage down, or build a higher ohm coil for that one and see if it makes a difference.
What wattage should I use for a 28 gauge ten wrap?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can only tell you to start at the lowest setting and work up till you get burning - then back off a bit. So much depends on how you vape, whether you chain vape, etc!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need a lot more info like resistance, wattage, atomizer type, vg/pg ratio.

from what i noticed when this was happening to me is the coil resistance was so low that the juice didnt have enough time to wick up and hit the coil because it was guzzling it so quick. try a different coil. or if you have an vv/vw device lower it

VU Sponsors