I Know What You Did Last Summer Cancelled After One Season on Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Prime Video has decided to cancel I Know What You Did Last Summer almost two months after the finale of the series' first season premiered.

As reported by Deadline, Prime Video's young adult horror series was met with a mixed reception and unfortunately will not return for a Season 2. While this series won't continue, Prime Video is still a great home for other young adult series like The Wilds, Fairfax, and the upcoming The Summer I Turned Pretty.

Prime Video's I Know What You Did Last Summer was an adaptation of the 1973 novel by Lois Duncan of the same name and follows the 1997 film - once again of the same name - that starred Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe, Freddie Prinze Jr., Johnny Galecki, and Bridgette Wilson.

In our review of the first four episodes of I Know What You Did Last Summer, we said that its "unlikable characters, inconsistent tone, and occasional cookie-cutter scares are at odds with Madison Iseman's excellent, dual-character performance and the series' fresh, clever twists on the source material. While it is so far better than the films that came before it, it's far from the must-binge horror reimagining we were hoping for."

The new series was written by Sara Goodman and starred Madison Iseman, Brianne Tju, Ezekiel Goodman, Ashley Moore, Sebastian Amoruso, Fiona Rene, Cassie Beck, Brooke Bloom and Bill Heck. Sonya Balmores and Spencer Sutherland were recurring characters.

I Know What You Did Last Summer is one of the first cancelled shows of 2022, and follows a year that also saw the sunsetting of Netflix's Cowboy Bebop, FX's Y: The Last Man, and Netflix's Hit & Run.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors