Become a Patron!

I need a couple dual 18650 mods, any recommendations?

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
Lost my Legend & my Drag 2 quit so I need a couple dual 18650 mods. I really don't use TC but I guess I'd want at least one of them to have it. Any suggestions?

BTW I've been using the Voopoo PNP & TPP tanks and they both leak a lot (that's how the Drag 2 went bad) so if there's a mod that can withstand that constant drain please share.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Lost my Legend & my Drag 2 quit so I need a couple dual 18650 mods. I really don't use TC but I guess I'd want at least one of them to have it. Any suggestions?

BTW I've been using the Voopoo PNP & TPP tanks and they both leak a lot (that's how the Drag 2 went bad) so if there's a mod that can withstand that constant drain please share.
You've got a lot of options. YouTube is your friend.

If you want to stay with Voopoo and those coils, their Argus GT 2 kit comes with a new tank that takes TPP coils and reportedly has a design that traps any leaks before they get onto/into the mod (I've no direct experience to say whether that's so). Here's one review:

Personally, I like Innokin's Proton a lot, except that the VPC feature is a pain to set-up.

Legends are still available, and probably discounted now that the Legend 2/L200 is out, so you could always just replace your other one. What I've heard of the L200 isn't good, for whatever that's worth.

Yihi has new SX Minis that take 2 18650's. G Class V2. The reviews are very good. I was considering one but they're very pricey. Lost Vape's Thelema Quest got great reviews, too (still on my radar but I'll probably get a single battery Thelema Solo if I decide to spend the money, which is a harder choice these days).

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

If you are not against used, shoot me a PM. I have some I would let go for just shipping cost, and some for slightly over.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Suggesting atomizers that don't leak so you don't have that issue.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
Suggesting atomizers that don't leak so you don't have that issue.
I got the Eleaf istick Power 2C and I'm switching over to the FreeMax Marvos pod system which is like the the PNP setup but it leaks a lot less and apparently not into the 510 pin.

View attachment ipower 2C.jpg

It's not a 200 watt mod (160) but I never vape over 100 watts anyway, and It doesn't have TC which I like to have as an option but seldom use. Other than that I love the style, weight and menu.

Still looking for a backup though :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
2C looks nice.
Might be able to take apart the Drag 2 and clean it. Looks pretty easy.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
2C looks nice.
Might be able to take apart the Drag 2 and clean it. Looks pretty easy.
I have it apart and don't see any obvious moisture issues, but I'll put it in rice anyway for a while. After toting the legend for a couple years, the 2C feels really nice in the hand. It may be pleather but it look & feels like the real thing. It's the first mod I've bought without research and I guess I lucked out because I doubt an Eleaf would have made my final list.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
A rinse w/isopropyl alcohol wont hurt it. Could be a film of juice somewhere? Longshot probably but just a little time basically.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
A rinse w/isopropyl alcohol wont hurt it. Could be a film of juice somewhere? Longshot probably but just a little time basically.
TBH it's not worth the effort, I'm loving the 2C and I'm having fun trying to decide on a backup. The innokin Proton was next up on my list but that's been a couple years. I'm liking the look of the Voopoo Argus GT though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
TBH it's not worth the effort, I'm loving the 2C and I'm having fun trying to decide on a backup. The innokin Proton was next up on my list but that's been a couple years. I'm liking the look of the Voopoo Argus GT though.

I really like Voopoo gear. My original Argus GT is a nice mod. Have looked at the GT 2 but I've been trying to behave myself. Have too many mods already.

I have a couple of OG Drags, a Drag 2, a Drag 3, a VMate, an X217, a Vinci X, two Drag Xs, and the Argus GT. Like Voopoo. :)

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
I really like Voopoo gear. My original Argus GT is a nice mod. Have looked at the GT 2 but I've been trying to behave myself. Have too many mods already.

I have a couple of OG Drags, a Drag 2, a Drag 3, a VMate, an X217, a Vinci X, two Drag Xs, and the Argus GT. Like Voopoo. :)
I think we can bum it up a notch, it's not like, you love Voopoo :)

Now that they've cut the weight of the Legend by 30% I may include the Legend 2, I'll compare the weight to the Argus GT2

VU Sponsors