Become a Patron!

I need help remembering the name of this HIC recipe

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Help... I'm an idiot... I wrote down this recipe from HIC but not the name and therefore am missing out on all the important information that goes along with it... here are the ingredients...
TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust 4%
FA Cinnamon 1.5 or 1%
TFA Tiramisu 1%
FA Cocoa 1.5%
Catalan Cream 2%

If someone could just link me up to the original recipe I'd be forever grateful!!
Thanks!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hmm not like HIC to use TFA Tiramisu .. the FA is very distinct .. not seeing anything come up in my notes that matches that exactly.. will look a bit more tho.

lets ask the man himself!

@HeadInClouds

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
hmm not like HIC to use TFA Tiramisu .. the FA is very distinct .. not seeing anything come up in my notes that matches that exactly.. will look a bit more tho.

lets ask the man himself!

@HeadInClouds
You are very right indeed... It's a good thing I asked because apparently MY head was in the clouds when I was copying recipes... It's FA Tiramisu.
I hope I didn't make too many other mistakes...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You sure it was HIC? I can't recall a HIC recipe with Cheesecake Graham. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it does sound familiar, just not from HIC.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You sure it was HIC? I can't recall a HIC recipe with Cheesecake Graham. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it does sound familiar, just not from HIC.
I was copying a whole bunch into my recipe book that I may have just assumed it was him but it may not have been.
Now I'm really feeling like a complete dolt...

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I know right!? HIC would on occasion use some TFA .. but only when it was the only flavor to make it work.. speaking of which I need to get a HIC's recipe from gumroad .. i am overdue..

ohhh.. and just found this.. think I'm gonna make some of this up too this weekend..

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/banana-graham-for-mongo.229914/

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I looked and could not find a recipe to match that.. the catalan cream would also for sure be FA .. fyi :) :ejuice:

anything else you can remember re this recipe? Could you maybe have missed a flavor or two?

could it have been this one?

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-xtra-smooth-tiramisu-cream.1962/#post-339826
No... I know it's not because I'm also making this Xtra smooth one at the same time because I finally received my tiramisu flavor in the mail...
and I'm also making HIC Tiramisu Cheesecake at well which is just the Cheesecake Graham Crust and Tiramisu.
I may be sick of tiramisu by the end of this week LoL

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Don't. I once posted a recipe in a thread at the other place, only wrote down the flavors used, then mixed it up with recipes others had posted. I asked around in the thread who created it, because I was enjoying it. HIC reminded me that it was mine. :facepalm:
sounds like something I'd do! I can be airheady when I vape things other than VG... Reminds me of the Friends episode where Rachel was making a desert and got the pages stuck together and mixed Shepherds Pie into a layered triffle cake!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reminds me of the Friends episode where Rachel was making a desert and got the pages stuck together and mixed Shepherds Pie into a layered triffle cake!

LOL.. loved that one..

JOEY:
pudding? GOOOD
Meat? GOOOD
Peas? GOOOD
whipped cream? GOOOD

Don't. I once posted a recipe in a thread at the other place, only wrote down the flavors used, then mixed it up with recipes others had posted. I asked around in the thread who created it, because I was enjoying it. HIC reminded me that it was mine. :facepalm:

Thats awesome!! I was just thinking when I did a search b4 trying to match up the recipe.. how funny would it be if it was one of Huck's :p

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
LOL.. loved that one..

JOEY:
pudding? GOOOD
Meat? GOOOD
Peas? GOOOD
whipped cream? GOOOD

Thats awesome!! I was just thinking when I did a search b4 trying to match up the recipe.. how funny would it be if it was one of Huck's :p

I love that show... I found many correlations between the trials and tribulations of that show and my life-especially when I lived in the city.

Hey... since we're off topic anyways until the off chance someone recognizes this recipe... is there a thread where people who DIY have posted pictures of their setup? I've got about 50 tiny bottles here and I throw them all in a box. If I don't get myself organized soon, my husband is going to leave me :) He was patient with the candle making supplies and then the essential ois/soap making supplies but everytime I hear him knock one of my vape juice bottles over and the inevitable groan of frustration, I just know he's going to lose it! LoL I'm just curious how others have their stuff set up.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know I've seen a couple in the DIY for storage solutions, and another in Vaping Related. That one posted gear storage, too, but several posts for DIY, too. Haven't seen those in a minute, so I can't recall titles.

OH!! ej posted one called "Organize Yo Shit" LMAO.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I know I've seen a couple in the DIY for storage solutions, and another in Vaping Related. That one posted gear storage, too, but several posts for DIY, too. Haven't seen those in a minute, so I can't recall titles.

Haha I will go check it out

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Where is this post? I still have not mastered this forum yet...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Help... I'm an idiot... I wrote down this recipe from HIC but not the name and therefore am missing out on all the important information that goes along with it... here are the ingredients...
TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust 4%
FA Cinnamon 1.5 or 1%
TFA Tiramisu 1%
FA Cocoa 1.5%
Catalan Cream 2%

If someone could just link me up to the original recipe I'd be forever grateful!!
Thanks!

I don't think that's mine, unless it's a really old one I never named.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They really can be!! That's why I kept at it til I reached the... "hey it works" stage. I'm fine with my little piddly ones.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I feel so inadequate with my ONE kangertech vaporizer! But I'm broke so it does the job... sorta haha! I'm learning so much from this site though so I'm confident ill get there. This week's project is the learn how to use the rebuildable coil that came in the box. Coils are expensive!
Having just been through this, I can offer some advice from someone who was in the same position not too long ago.

First, you're going to have outlay that you don't expect. You need a TAB or TAB-like device to measure ohms and fire. You'll need tools like scissors, tweezers, wire cutters, pliers, precision screwdrivers, and a jig (not really necessary, but makes it easier to find your desired coil inner diameter very easily.

Bookmark this page: http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp and save yourself a load of calculation and/or guesswork.

Last, if you're not inclined to working in micro-miniature, I would purchase an inexpensive RDA (clone is fine) with a Velocity style deck to work and practice on, something 17mm+. The deck on the Kanger RBA iirc is something like 10-12mm.

Adding in wire and cotton, I would plan on an initial outlay of around $100 unless you can find a PIF or used items.

The Kanger SSOCC heads are around $3/each. If you're not using super-sweet or "dirty" juices, a single Ni200 coil should last you most of a month at 10ml/day. I can put 250ml of many juices through one before it really starts to suffer. So, while more economical in the long run, or when building multiple devices, if you're just working with one or two atomizers, it will take quite some time to recoup your outlay.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Having just been through this, I can offer some advice from someone who was in the same position not too long ago.

First, you're going to have outlay that you don't expect. You need a TAB or TAB-like device to measure ohms and fire. You'll need tools like scissors, tweezers, wire cutters, pliers, precision screwdrivers, and a jig (not really necessary, but makes it easier to find your desired coil inner diameter very easily.

Bookmark this page: http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp and save yourself a load of calculation and/or guesswork.

Last, if you're not inclined to working in micro-miniature, I would purchase an inexpensive RDA (clone is fine) with a Velocity style deck to work and practice on, something 17mm+. The deck on the Kanger RBA iirc is something like 10-12mm.

Adding in wire and cotton, I would plan on an initial outlay of around $100 unless you can find a PIF or used items.

The Kanger SSOCC heads are around $3/each. If you're not using super-sweet or "dirty" juices, a single Ni200 coil should last you most of a month at 10ml/day. I can put 250ml of many juices through one before it really starts to suffer. So, while more economical in the long run, or when building multiple devices, if you're just working with one or two atomizers, it will take quite some time to recoup your outlay.
I may have understood like 3 things you just said...but ill check out that link!

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I may have understood like 3 things you just said...but ill check out that link!
LOL. Basically this: The Kangertech RBA (the rebuildable device included with the tank or kit) is a little small to learn on. You're better off learning on something a little bigger. Also, you'll need tools and devices that, short-term will be more expensive if you're only building for a tank or two.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hah I was asking about kinds of larger rba that would fit on my kangertech. Is it a universal thread or how do you know.
There's no other RBA, that would fit the Kanger. FYI, I learned building coils years ago, by replacing the coil and wick in the replacement coil heads of the Kanger Protanks I used to have. There are plenty of video tutorials on YouTube, in order to learn how to build and wick coils. Do a search for "kanger subtank rba coil build", to find some for your RBA.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There's no other RBA, that would fit the Kanger. FYI, I learned building coils years ago, by replacing the coil and wick in the replacement coil heads of the Kanger Protanks I used to have. There are plenty of video tutorials on YouTube, in order to learn how to build and wick coils. Do a search for "kanger subtank rba coil build", to find some for your RBA.
The Avocado 22 will fit, any 22mm will fit. The difference between a 22 RDTA it that the deck will be bigger because the device itself is bigger. For instance, the Avocado 22 is about twice the size of the KT RBA build deck because the little RBA fits inside the 22mm tank and needs clearance on all sides.

VU Sponsors