Become a Patron!

I see a deal on a KSD VAMO DNA 30 and I have a brand new DNA 40 is it possible to upgrade

I bought like 5 DNA 40's and i am w=down to the last one thank god I am geting so board with building this chips and now there a bit outdated since the dna200 is out SO I can get the C Vamo dna 30 for about 24 bucks that a cheap housing to stick this dna 40 in pluse I would like to have a tube mod again I just did like 45 box mods if you include the dna 30 hana box that I upgraded the 510 the fire switch and put a dna 25 in it it and now it has a real dna chip in it instead of a clone. Anyway I have this left over dna 40 and would like to put it in this DNA 30 vamo, I spent most of the nite searching for any info to see if anyone has ever done this upgrade I not to worried if it can't upgraded as I can always use another mod and I could just use it as a DNA 30 but I think that having a dna40 tube mod would be kinda cool. I always like tube mods as I started out on a provari that I have upgraded and still use to this day. I already have my custom painted box ordered and the mounting faceplate and the Lipo pack ordered for the DNA 200 but it will be a bit for the faceplate to come from shapeways as there's a bit slow shipping and if this works I will have finished all the my dna 40s and I still have some parts coming from shapeways to do another DNA40 in a custom painted G+ box and have all the part to build t as well that stuff should get here around the 3rd and the stuff fro the dna 200 should get here on the 15th
So has anyone ever done a chip swap in the Ksd Vamo dna 30 and was there any issues like the screen size or button placement or is it just plain a no go as far as I know the dna 30 and 40 should swap out but I tried it on a vaporshark and it was a no go on the swap anf they even offer a a upgrade to the RDNA 30 to the RDNA 40 and it still was a bust
TIA

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought like 5 DNA 40's and i am w=down to the last one thank god I am geting so board with building this chips and now there a bit outdated since the dna200 is out SO I can get the C Vamo dna 30 for about 24 bucks that a cheap housing to stick this dna 40 in pluse I would like to have a tube mod again I just did like 45 box mods if you include the dna 30 hana box that I upgraded the 510 the fire switch and put a dna 25 in it it and now it has a real dna chip in it instead of a clone. Anyway I have this left over dna 40 and would like to put it in this DNA 30 vamo, I spent most of the nite searching for any info to see if anyone has ever done this upgrade I not to worried if it can't upgraded as I can always use another mod and I could just use it as a DNA 30 but I think that having a dna40 tube mod would be kinda cool. I always like tube mods as I started out on a provari that I have upgraded and still use to this day. I already have my custom painted box ordered and the mounting faceplate and the Lipo pack ordered for the DNA 200 but it will be a bit for the faceplate to come from shapeways as there's a bit slow shipping and if this works I will have finished all the my dna 40s and I still have some parts coming from shapeways to do another DNA40 in a custom painted G+ box and have all the part to build t as well that stuff should get here around the 3rd and the stuff fro the dna 200 should get here on the 15th
So has anyone ever done a chip swap in the Ksd Vamo dna 30 and was there any issues like the screen size or button placement or is it just plain a no go as far as I know the dna 30 and 40 should swap out but I tried it on a vaporshark and it was a no go on the swap anf they even offer a a upgrade to the RDNA 30 to the RDNA 40 and it still was a bust
TIA
I read your post and its just kinda crazy I mean it sounds like you want to build but are allover the place .. You want a cool tube mod my favorite at the moment that is TC is the Heatvape Powertube get this you can use it as a weapon and a mod
here ya go tube yourself 60watts

heatvape-power-tube.jpg

Ya I build a lot of mods but like I said I was looking for a place to put my last DNA 4o I already have the chip like i said I bought like 5 of them at once so lik I said the The Vamp dna 30 is like 24 bucks and if I could swap the chip like I did in my dna 30 hana clone it would be a rather cheap build and give me a tube mod DNA 40 that sounds interesting to me as I have done like4 box modes already and I have part coming for a dna 200 on the 15th I just don't really want to buy this vamo dna 30 to find out it wont upgrade

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya I build a lot of mods but like I said I was looking for a place to put my last DNA 4o I already have the chip like i said I bought like 5 of them at once so lik I said the The Vamp dna 30 is like 24 bucks and if I could swap the chip like I did in my dna 30 hana clone it would be a rather cheap build and give me a tube mod DNA 40 that sounds interesting to me as I have done like4 box modes already and I have part coming for a dna 200 on the 15th I just don't really want to buy this vamo dna 30 to find out it wont upgrade
yeah that is easy to do as long as you can match up the screen would not take much and have the proper screen mounting hardware ... shit you can grab an old tennis shoe throw that screen in the side of NIKE have the NIKE mod!!
You go dog!!

VU Sponsors